• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
are we expecting that PS5 will be priced inbetween Series S and Series X? (not necessarily asking about raw power)

i was thinking something in the lines of:

Series S: $349
PS5: $450
Series X: $499
PS5/SeX - $499

I suppose SeS would be $299.

Wait a minute, where are the seatbelts?!?!
Hold on tight to ya seats!

*laugh manically*

🚊

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
are we expecting that PS5 will be priced inbetween Series S and Series X? (not necessarily asking about raw power)

i was thinking something in the lines of:

Series S: $349
PS5: $450
Series X: $499

No doubt that both Companies are waiting to see who reveals which price first. I guess the latest they can wait is E3.

I think the PS5 will be $499 USD and the same for Series X.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Posting this crap should be an immediate ban lol

It really should be.

Off topic but I'm almost certain that there is something seriously wrong with the person who posts as Misterxmedia. I'm pretty sure he posts on his own forum as Misterxmedia and as MisterC. On this forum he posts as rbej and pretty sure he also tweets as blue nugroho, misterx and as MisterC lol.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I don't know one example of gpu with lower tf number on the same arch that have better perf than other with higher tf number so rather theoretical possibility(don't say is not possible but rather due to better bandwidth not rops performance, ps4 pro has quite advantage in rops over xox)
The vega 56 outperformed the vega 64 when clocks were raised

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017

You gotta be some kind of gullible to believe this. Yeah, misterxmedia level garbage. We already went through one console release with his trash (secret sauce anyone? Extra GPU or cpu hidden in the power supply?) Why the hell does anyone want to bring this into this forum. Shit, might as well also post a tweet from someone claiming the ps5 is going to have 20tf cause of magic and unicorn blood used to cool the thing if this is going to be posted

Feb 6, 2019
Does anybody know if ray-tracing "cores" can be good for other things? Like, we realized GPUs are super good at physics, and now lots of games use GPU to handle advanced physics.

What kind of math would be similar to ray tracing? Could it be good at say, really advanced hair simulation? Subsurface scattering?

I bet it'd be really good for realistic audio physics since that uses rays in a way (like echo, reverb etc)

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I like the sound of this HBM train... hopefully I can still get on board DriftingSpirit?

Also was AegonSnake the one leading Team 14TF?

I want in on that too... The new year is approaching, as a new year resolution I would like to be crazily optimistic and go big on everything prediction wise.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really anything is possible so I don't find any piece of information more right or wrong

What type of poster am I?

You're the type of poster who puts up MisterX crap. If you had done even the slightest bit of research you would know that guy is straight up crazy. He literally scribbles all over random PowerPoint slides to try and connect things and then writes 'boom' after everything.

Before you jump back to taking shots at Klee (Alaska comment) - keep in mind that we know who Klee is. We know that he works in the gaming industry. And we know he has been verified by Era mods (although they are unable to verify his specific claims).

There is a clear difference in credibility between these two people on this forum.

Oct 25, 2017
The custom SSD is all but confirmed, not sure what team there needs.

Team HMB though? Sure have at it. There's very very very little chance of it happening, but this is a "speculation" thread right?
Join us, Ed.

I like the sound of this HBM train... hopefully I can still get on board DriftingSpirit?

Also was AegonSnake the one leading Team 14TF?

I want in on that too... The new year is approaching, as a new year resolution I would like to be crazily optimistic and go big on everything prediction wise.
The good thing is, even if this stuff doesn't happen, we're still getting some really good tech. GDDR6 is a good RAM implementation regardless of HBM.

Oh, and your ticket!

🎟

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The good thing is, even if this stuff doesn't happen, we're still getting some really good tech. GDDR6 is a good RAM implementation regardless of HBM.

Oh, and your ticket!

🎟

Thank you very much
VictoriousPhysicalLemur-max-1mb.gif

It is going to be fun regardless so might as well jump on the fun ride

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
HBM train isn't brave.

Get on the ReRAM train if you want to believe in a greater existence.

Damn straight!

a6c.png

On that note, looking around other places it seems people are speculating that 128 GB of ReRAM will cost between 30 to 40 dollars. If that's remotely true I can't imagine cost being a reason to not include it in the PS5. Hell at that sort of price 256 GB isn't too unreasonable IMO, especially if Sony is willing to take a bit of a hit on the price at launch.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
So, let's say the ps5 does end up using hbm. Assuming they can't get 16GB. How much would it need to avoid having games being negatively affected in case the xsx ends up having 16GB(3GB for os)?

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
there is a chance there might be a version with that, but I doubt the base model will be.
There has to be some kind of SSD caching magic for there to be 2TB imo. Because the only way i see that happening If there is a SSD+HDD. A 2TB SSD would be amazing but way too expensive i feel. Unless maybe they got some crazy good deals or something.

Ty. Is the consensus still that the PS5 will be priced at 499.99 MSRP?

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Really anything is possible so I don't find any piece of information more right or wrong

Not anything and everything is possible. Which is exactly the problem here. As i already said there is a big difference between grounded speculation and the drivel you posted.

Tensor cores in an AMD GPU? Sure, anything is possible right?

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HBM2 was like the PS Meeting hype train back in the day. Just being excited.

Also having HBM2 isn't really something that's that important. All of us want it, because it's different. That's about it. About how it's possible or isn't is the variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.