• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God I just reread the big HBM argument.

Let's hope February wont break my heart.

February will break my heart.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

I'm really hoping for HBM just so the consoles are at least somewhat unique even if they're similar on power. Plus I'd like to see HBM prices come down and a product pushing massive volumes will help with that.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I'm really hoping for HBM just so the consoles are at least somewhat unique even if they're similar on power. Plus I'd like to see HBM prices come down and a product pushing massive volumes will help with that.
yea, HBM being in a console will be a strong positive move for the industry. it will mean AMD and NVidia will be more likely to adopt it too and it shows huge potential right now.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Oct 25, 2017
wait what? Is it not 80 dollars per 8GB stack?

Believe.

It's also a question of volume. The kind of volume Sony is asking for may well be bigger than the entire market is now. It would be a massive undertaking and require spinning up capacity and probably whole new factories.
This is true. I think there would be some issues along the way just because of the sheer scale, but the end result would be beneficial for everyone involved.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Klee said ps5 has a small power edge.

Warren said 12 and 4tf for scarlet.

No one else has said anything difinitive. ppl in this thread trying to discredit Klee honestly have nothing to back it up.

And you can see by their post history exactly what those posters agendas are.

If we get somthing legitimate that flips the script, we will all know immediately in this thread.

At the moment, our only leaks say 12tf Xbox and slightly more powerful ps5.
SO you have to be a fanboy just because you don't automatically agree with Klee and believe the leaks/speculation

lmao

People always saying everybody's so hostile towards klee but what do you call this? Either you're on the leaked spec sheet from Klee side or you're a damn fanboy. This shit needs to leave the threads

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
If the VR headset uses an HDMI port, then it needs an HDMI pass-through to the TV, and then we're right back at the wiring mess the current unit is. Plus it requires getting at the back of the system, or a relatively expensive, large, and ugly second port in the front or side of the system. If video is getting routed to a connector at the front or side, might as well make it one small one.
No passthrough, just a HDMI on the back as usual for TV and a second accessible HDMI for headset.

senjutsusage

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Besides load times or transitions between levels or between fast travels and the speed at which you actually enter the game for the first time, the major benefit of having a game fully designed around an SSD will be in how much and how quickly they will be able to stream different information in for the game to take advantage of in meaningful ways. Trees, geometry, highest quality textures, parts of the world out into the distance, visible enemies.

Hell, it can change the range of enemy detection and how they engage the player possibility in that they may be capable of more complex behavior from much further out distances because the console as well as the SSD can "activate" them faster if that makes any sort of sense. Either way, the worlds should be able to look a lot more rich and dense as a result of an SSD. How you can maneuver through it can likely also be drastically enhanced, as demonstrated by Sony's spiderman demo.

senjutsusage

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They say stuff like this, but at the same time Halo Infinite is coming out on even a Xbox one S.

With all the improvements they are talking about, it would seem this game should not be possible on current gen in its state right..?
It would pretty much a different game right at that point, if the game is full of loading/zones, less density etc.

I assume they should be able to scale down for current gen consoles, and adjust the game for the capabilities of the older, weaker hardware. I would assume that Halo Infinite can still benefit from all the capabilities of Series X and lockhart without being held back by Xbox One X or Xbox One S and lower.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
No passthrough, just a HDMI on the back as usual for TV and a second accessible HDMI for headset.
Right, but at that point why not just put in the USB-C port instead? It's smaller, cheaper (iirc), and eliminates the need to run a second cable for USB. And it might even conform to a VR headset connector standard, and/or possibly even be usable as a regular USB-C port which could come in handy for other things.

•79•

Banned
Sep 22, 2018
South West London, UK
SO you have to be a fanboy just because you don't automatically agree with Klee and believe the leaks/speculation

lmao

People always saying everybody's so hostile towards klee but what do you call this? Either you're on the leaked spec sheet from Klee side or you're a damn fanboy. This shit needs to leave the threads
There's nothing hostile in the post you quoted at all.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I assume they should be able to scale down for current gen consoles, and adjust the game for the capabilities of the older, weaker hardware. I would assume that Halo Infinite can still benefit from all the capabilities of Series X and lockhart without being held back by Xbox One X or Xbox One S and lower.

I am quoting this bit from your post in particular.

" But start to think about things like bringing a bigger density of life to a world. We know the kind of game Halo is, the kind of detail in there. Think about bringing more density and variety to the light inside its world. Think about not having to create artificial design things to mask some of the limitations of the hardware and just bring things off of the SSD as fast as they're needed on screen."

Yeh it really depends what's the base platform they went for. If its xbox one then all the stuff they talk about is a bit bs. If its indeed Series X then we need a port of sorts for current gen since the game seems more ambitious.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

NoUse4AName

Banned
Feb 5, 2019
I'm not hostile at all, actually, just a little peeved every time I come in here I have to read yet another snarky remark that people who aren't convinced of the spec sheet are hiding an agenda.

Surely you can see the irony in that, but hey, carry on and enjoy your one sided thread.

c'mon man..... move on.

You made your point..there is no need to repeat the same stuff over and over again...we already have the thread closed.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
People just need to grow up. Most here are probably adults and I'm sure are capable of having mature and respectful conversations. Just report fanboy drivel and move on.
I think if everybody just chills out on the snark and allow people to be open about all directions of speculation this thread could be far more entertaining and engaging.

What I really want to hear more about is the rumored dedicated ray tracing cores. I feel we've overlooked these, hard.

c'mon man..... move on.

You made your point..there is no need to repeat the same stuff over and over again...we already have the thread closed.
I said I was already. Move on.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Besides load times or transitions between levels or between fast travels and the speed at which you actually enter the game for the first time, the major benefit of having a game fully designed around an SSD will be in how much and how quickly they will be able to stream different information in for the game to take advantage of in meaningful ways. Trees, geometry, highest quality textures, parts of the world out into the distance, visible enemies.

Hell, it can change the range of enemy detection and how they engage the player possibility in that they may be capable of more complex behavior from much further out distances because the console as well as the SSD can "activate" them faster if that makes any sort of sense. Either way, the worlds should be able to look a lot more rich and dense as a result of an SSD. How you can maneuver through it can likely also be drastically enhanced, as demonstrated by Sony's spiderman demo.
Yeah it's going to be amazing. Also been thinking about that 0.8 second Spider-Man boot up. It means games can shift from one location to an entirely different one, in real time, in as much as a very short fade to black. Going to be immense seeing what narrative driven games will do with that sort of ability.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
I
None. PS4 and Pro are both designed from scratch to hit that price, probably PS5 as well. They could have designed more powerful Pro at $499 just like MS but they didn't want to cause they wanted to hit $399 price.

They learned their lesson regarding pricing in a very painful way with a mighty but expensive PS3. And speaking of that i am absolutely sure that no console maker will have higher then $499 launch price (even Series X), no matter what tech is inside.

Very true. After the blowback from the PS3 launch, Sony's caution is understandable. For Microsoft, a premium console was the only option. It was the right move. The 900p narrative that dogged the Xbox One for years after launch just had to be changed. The Kinect was such a misstep (one among many).

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean its fine not to believe in Klee. I dont believe what Redgaming concluded with the Oberon BC either, but you dont see me bringing him up every time.

After a while, it is snarky because all they do bring up is his name.

(It's way worse on twitter)

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
Right, but at that point why not just put in the USB-C port instead? It's smaller, cheaper (iirc), and eliminates the need to run a second cable for USB. And it might even conform to a VR headset connector standard, and/or possibly even be usable as a regular USB-C port which could come in handy for other things.
I'm certain PSVR on PS5 will require the current breakout box and camera. No way does Sony build legacy PSVR requirements into PS5.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility over a series of posts.
How do separate ray tracing cores even work? Or rather, tie into the currently rumored cores. Are we talking separate chips? Or software (I guess not since hardware RT has been officially? Thrown around)

I mean its fine not to believe in Klee. I dont believe what Redgaming concluded with the Oberon BC either, but you dont see me bringing him up every time.

After a while, it is snarky because all they do bring up is his name.

(It's way worse on twitter)
Twitter... there's your first mistake. Filled with assholes worse than even here :p

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well I don't believe it quite works like that. The OS still uses part of the main RAM pool. The external DDR4 would be just to hold apps like Netflix.

which you wouldnr need because of the SSD - just swap 1-2GB game ram out and use that. You would still need some unified memory for the OS but I think the SSD could remove the need for the separate bank of ram that ps pro uses

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Some people will have a heart attack if the XBOX SX turns out to be more powerful than PS5, don't let your preference for a platform raise your expectations too much, you might be disappointed later.

Double edged sword. MS has talked about power so much that if ps5 is ahead (even by a sliver) there will be more of a breakdown. Currently if MS is ahead I think people would be relatively calm

this is talking about Era - normal people out there in the real world wont give a shit either way. Like any enthusiast forum we're in here arguing about the 5% differences

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I'd guess you can't have a confirmed HDCP chain if the final display (headset) is not hdmi.
And sony would never want that.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
At the Sony event Phil is going to walk on stage and together they'll show pictures of this thread on the big screen and announce video games are cancelled.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
2 months to go, if the PS Meeting rumour is to be believed. Can't wait to see what next-gen games will look like from 1st party devs.

Aug 26, 2019
2 months to go, if the PS Meeting rumour is to be believed. Can't wait to see what next-gen games will look like from 1st party devs.
I hope we get Spider-Man 2 but realistically that's probably an E3 2020 thing at the earliest. Still, they chose Spider-Man for the first Wired article so it'd be fitting to show the sequel when you actually reveal the console.

Can't imagine how it'll look AND play on PS5.

15523.gif

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility, recently returned from a ban for the same behavior.

lmao

I didn't single anyone out and wasn't even talking about you. It wasn't meant to be hostile in the slightest.

The fact you saw yourself as a Target in my post might be a clue in how you see yourself however. Probably somthing to reflect on I would think.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I heard that Sony secured a great deal on CR2032 CMOS clock batteries for the PS5. Microsoft sweating.

Jun 23, 2019

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
If you're going to show an insomniac game to show the capabilities of your hardware it should be a next gen resistance... just sayin

Aug 26, 2019
I'm a big fan of Sekiro and think Soulsborne games are decent, but I never really got into Demon Souls. But I'm pretty excited about this (potential) PS5 remake though and I am really interested in seeing how this looks on next-gen hardware simply because of the scale of the fight --

769-1523840062-46482360.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.