• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I think it's time the mods actually verified the information Klee has because at this point this thread is derailed to hell

That's one hell of a tease-and-run

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Could you imagine how large that would have to be? The surface area required to efficiently cool it would be insane.

Indeed, I am curious what would be required to pull off such a feat.

I'd prefer an external brick for both, no matter what. But passive cooling on this scale, you're looking at a bigger and heavier console. Logistics costs would be passed on to us.

Honestly, I'd pay for it. With speculation about the PS5's cooling solution like that drawing that was posted a couple days ago utilizing a top and bottom heatsink I wonder how much heat that alone could dissipate.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to post it here because there is ni credibility whatsoever and I don't believe it. However someone has sent me a screenshot of that Tommy Fisher "insider" latest post - with some specifics around PS5 vs Xbox in terms of parts.

Not sure if it's already been discussed and/or ignored. But if you're desperate for rumors...

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I thought Microsoft nailed it with the design of the xbox one s and xbox one x. They were absolutely gorgeous as oppose to the PlayStation 4 slim and pro.

It seems people also really like the new Xbox series x design, but I really think it's the most weird and ugly looking console out there. It looks like weird cardboard chimney.

Might be because I'm really used to flat consoles tho. To each their own I guess.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Alright, I think it's time the mods actually verified the information Klee has because at this point this thread is derailed to hell

That's one hell of a tease-and-run

I think that depends on whether Klee intends to give us that information prior to other sources leaking it first.

Also your name is too close to mine, I think we might have to find a new one for you :P

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Personally i don't care if it's 10 or 12TF,anything over 8TF RDNA architecture is still a damn good GPU. I'm just so happy we're gonna(finally) have a powerful CPU and on top of that fast SSD. Next gen is gonna be amazing.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I've always believed people overestimated Playstation's market leadership position, and I still believe this. So many things went wrong in the lead up to Xbox One that it was at times comical in nature. Xbox 360, even with ps3's missteps, proved that with the right strategy and combination of games to offer people out the gate, xbox can compete and compete very evenly or even beat playstation. Sony and their first party is excellent. They are far from beyond Xbox's reach for legit competition. Xbox did it with the xbox 360 on multiple fronts, jrpg offerings and the like. It was a while before PS3 really started hitting its stride and xbox 360 started to wind down.

For people saying Microsoft is already doing gamepass and xbox one s + xbox one x and sony is still winning, that is not the same thing as entering an entirely new gen with the proper focus, launching with a big gun like Halo, the offering that is gamepass with all those games plus your entire xbox one collection along with BC games available day one. Toss in xcloud and it becomes more interesting. A console that even if it should not have the performance crown, will not be as disadvantaged as xbox one was in likely price or performance. And possibly with a cheaper model available to undercut the competition day one, it can gain momentum even without the higher end model outselling ps5. These things are not as impossible as some think. Microsoft fell into a weakened or down position, but they were never completely out of true contention with playstation. Maybe they were if all you were counting was console sales. We know microsoft needed to do better on first party, but clearly we've seen they've taken serious steps to correct that, and I have faith they will strike true in those efforts.

Lastly, people always underestimate the importance of price to the larger market. They don't all think like us who want the most powerful thing we can buy.

This is a very USA look at the gaming market .

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
Honestly, I'd pay for it. With speculation about the PS5's cooling solution like that drawing that was posted a couple days ago utilizing a top and bottom heatsink I wonder how much heat that alone could dissipate.
In the form it was drawn, not much. The plates themselves would have to be VCs and the fin stacks on each end of the heat pipes would have to be pretty substantial as well. On top of that, maybe a sheet of copper over the mobo do dissipate more heat. In either case, even a single 140mm fan spinning at low speeds would help immensely.

Nov 11, 2017
Twitter is full of MisterXMedia types that I'm not surprised. I think it's worse on MS side because of the MisterXMedia forum and following.

Seriously, it's not a dig at any Xbox fans here or anywhere, but while trying to find info on next gen these types are like locusts on twitter.
Both sets of fans are terrible, you just happen to see what you're looking for.

NoUse4AName

Banned
Feb 5, 2019
People are going crazy for a TF difference that will be almost impossible to notice... LOL

Oh boy those DF threads are gonna be so HOT!!!

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
who is no one else? back when Stadia was revealed Jason already said both were aiming to be over 10TF
Yes, I know. But no one but Klee said it would be RDNA based, double digits and better than the (then) newly announced Navi GPU's. Go back and read those threads. Almost everyone was assuming that what we'd be getting for next-gen would be 8-9 RDNA tflops because a 8 tflops RDNA GPU is essentially as powerful as a 10 tflops GCN GPU.

So again, NO ONE ELSE was saying what Klee said. I'd happily wait for a link from you, but there won't be any. 😊

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
This was true at one time tho. lol.

He worked for that Microsoft webpage that I can't be remember the name of and sure he prefers Xbox and pc but he was never a shill. He's brought it up a number of times because of the amount of hate he gets.

Obviously, but when looking at twitter the misterxmedia peeps are more prevalent, or rather more toxic.

I don't understand how anyone can follow misterxmedia. The stuff that dude comes up with is beyond insane and hurts to read.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
In the form it was drawn, not much. The plates themselves would have to be VCs and the fin stacks on each end of the heat pipes would have to be pretty substantial as well. On top of that, maybe a sheet of copper over the mobo do dissipate more heat. In either case, even a single 140mm fan spinning at low speeds would help immensely.

Nifty, let's reach out to Cerny to try and make this happen :)

He's got you beat by 4 days lol

Nooooo :(

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Someone at 4chan had this rumor that a white Xbox is coming. People are calling it fake (and probably is) but I really like how the box looks like and think the white Series X looks awesome.

1576781301780.jpg
Man I would love that! I am just receiving parts for a new PC I am building and I ended with a White case for it. I have 2 Sub-Woofers as part of my audio set up and I already was planning on putting the White PC on top of one and the Series X on the other. Having the Series X in White would look incredible with my set up having a high-end PC in White and the Series X in white on the left/right sides of my entertainment center.

Aug 26, 2019
Sometimes, I wonder what it is like to be a Nintendo fan. We need the world's fastest and most powerful console to be even remotely impressed, another character gets added to Smash or something and they're elated for months.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
So what we have so far is PS5 is slightly more than 12 TF based on Klee who has claimed he has the final specs?

How the hell are these consoles going to be affordable and how would these consoles sell better than the launch years of their predecessors?

senjutsusage

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
GPU/CPU specs guess work is beyond pointless. What they can do with these and SSDs is what we should be discussing not which console is better. Leave that for the DF videos released in a years time.

I understand the importance of the SSDs, but please let's not pretend that the most important upgrade in either of these consoles isn't the CPU. I'd argue the CPU is a lot more important than the SSD. Honestly, they all matter. CPU, GPU, SSD, memory, I/O, everything. How could we be staring at all this amazing power and somehow only focus on the SSD, which I admit is badass that we are even getting them lol.

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
I've always believed people overestimated Playstation's market leadership position, and I still believe this. So many things went wrong in the lead up to Xbox One that it was at times comical in nature. Xbox 360, even with ps3's missteps, proved that with the right strategy and combination of games to offer people out the gate, xbox can compete and compete very evenly or even beat playstation. Sony and their first party is excellent. They are far from beyond Xbox's reach for legit competition. Xbox did it with the xbox 360 on multiple fronts, jrpg offerings and the like. It was a while before PS3 really started hitting its stride and xbox 360 started to wind down.

For people saying Microsoft is already doing gamepass and xbox one s + xbox one x and sony is still winning, that is not the same thing as entering an entirely new gen with the proper focus, launching with a big gun like Halo, the offering that is gamepass with all those games plus your entire xbox one collection along with BC games available day one. Toss in xcloud and it becomes more interesting. A console that even if it should not have the performance crown, will not be as disadvantaged as xbox one was in likely price or performance. And possibly with a cheaper model available to undercut the competition day one, it can gain momentum even without the higher end model outselling ps5. These things are not as impossible as some think. Microsoft fell into a weakened or down position, but they were never completely out of true contention with playstation. Maybe they were if all you were counting was console sales. We know microsoft needed to do better on first party, but clearly we've seen they've taken serious steps to correct that, and I have faith they will strike true in those efforts.

Lastly, people always underestimate the importance of price to the larger market. They don't all think like us who want the most powerful thing we can buy.
This is really subjective. In the USA you might be right. But for instance in western europe, I can honestly say PlayStation absolutely decimated Xbox. (At least in the Netherlands).

Online gaming ofcourse is localized due to ping constraints etc. so Microsoft and Sony almost going even in the USA doesn't matter even the slightest bit for western europeans. So underestimating or overestimating is subjective to your location.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I thought Microsoft nailed it with the design of the xbox one s and xbox one x. They were absolutely gorgeous as oppose to the PlayStation 4 slim and pro.

It seems people also really like the new Xbox series x design, but I really think it's the most weird and ugly looking console out there. It looks like weird cardboard chimney.

Might be because I'm really used to flat consoles tho. To each their own I guess.
The Weird/Chimney is the point. Chinney's by design are made to take heat and pull it up (heat rises) and out. This fucker was designed from the outset to pull heat out of it in the most efficient manner possible and the way thermodynamics works is if you can release heat up and out, it is very efficient. I think it looks great...but yeah it was purely a design made because of thermals and how to efficiently push heat out of the console.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is really subjective. In the USA you might be right. But for instance in western europe, I can honestly say PlayStation absolutely decimated Xbox. (At least in the Netherlands).

Online gaming ofcourse is localized due to ping constraints etc. so Microsoft and Sony almost going even in the USA doesn't matter even the slightest bit for western europeans. So underestimating or overestimating is subjective to your location.
Or Asia.

Still, I would expect Xbox Series X to at least do really well at launch, especially as it's coming out with Halo Infinite. I would reckon that there's a possibility it can beat PS5 launch sales in the US.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Wow this thread went places. Page 108 is especially awful. Whole lotta ⭕️ you-know-what going on there.

Anyway, are people here hoping for the SSDs in these consoles to at least have a standard connection type, specifically M.2? I've been wondering how space concerns will be addressed on the new consoles, especially if one or both manufacturers are going to do proprietary SSD solutions.

Honestly I hope they just decide to go with PCiE 4.0 so they can be replaceable. I don't want to have to use any external options if I don't have to. Sony has been good about that for their systems so I hope they keep allowing internal replacement as an option.

Sometimes, I wonder what it is like to be a Nintendo fan. We need the world's fastest and most powerful console to be even remotely impressed, another character gets added to Smash or something and they're elated for months.

It's the best

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
I think everyone is a fanboy to some extent depending on what platforms you grew up with.
Being a fan and having a preference isn't the same as being a fanboy.

Or Asia.

Still, I would expect Xbox Series X to at least do really well at launch, especially as it's coming out with Halo Infinite. I would reckon that there's a possibility it can beat PS5 launch sales in the US.
It's not going to take much for xbox to win in the US and UK. It's probably a guarantee at this point.

YoungGunsII

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Denmark
Personally i don't care if it's 10 or 12TF,anything over 8TF RDNA architecture is still a damn good GPU. I'm just so happy we're gonna(finally) have a powerful CPU and on top of that fast SSD. Next gen is gonna be amazing.
I only care because I was planing on building a new beefy PC next year. But if one or borth of the consoles gonna end up matching or even surpassing my current GTX1080ti+i7-7700k build, I might gonna put off the new build a year or two and just grab one of the consoles next year instead

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
That he has specs for both consoles - PS5 and Anaconda
Really? Why would he do that though? It makes no sense. I thought he was not posting as much because people were being assholes and giving him shit about what he has posted? Posting out of all places here that you have specs for both and then running away without saying anything else is bad form imho and will just incite people to be worse. If he truly does have specs, he should of kept it to himself unless he was going to spill the beans.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017

I'm a Nintendo fan and I'm still waiting for fucking Metroid and Bayonetta 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.