• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Godfall must be a game tragetting all types of PCs so more mahcines, and trust me there will be more macines less capable to run it with PS5 capabilities than those that can so that is why they ddin't aim for the highest graphics anyway so everyone can get it.

I can logics in that.

Oh my God. read above.

Edit:

Seriously, did you read my post above?
Yeah your above posts admits Lockhart will hold back next gen games, but ive been told ive been wrong about that too. lots of different opinions in here.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Hey buddy why are becoming so defeatist sometimes? How come they gonna rely on this? We didn't see any of their exclusive games. I bet we will be more impressed by their next-gen reveals more than how we were with Hellblade, considering that every Sony game use its own engine.
It's just the right moment didn't come yet.

It was the first impression. And we are comparing apples to apples. In a comparison of the first games shown for their respective upcoming consoles, MS came out on top. Sony simply should have shown better, or not at all yesterday.

There is no doubt about the strength of Sony's IP. They should have led with that.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
We have had multiple threads on era bragging about what Unreal Engine 4 can do on lesser than 10 tflops & telling us imagine what PS5 exclusives could do, then we get some footage of a PS5 exclusive & the engine isn't ready? I mean UE4 isn't the Source Engine.

What an engine can do in one pair of hands, and what it could do - period - are very different things. It's not like you're guaranteed a certain standard because of a particular engine choice and a particular piece of hardware. So much depends on the developer, their choices, their aims etc. Without wanting to diss Godfall, there'll be more impressive UE4 games on PS5. And less impressive ones too, I'm sure! Games won't magically homogenise to a certain level of 'technical impressiveness' just because of new hardware... there'll still be a range of stuff that's clearly aiming for different technical goals.

The question of the choice of Godfall as 'the first PS5 game shown' is a different one, but I don't think it was chosen because it was the best looking thing in dev at the moment for PS5. It was probably chosen because the publisher thought it would be a good opportunity to get it some attention, and Sony allowed it.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It was the first impression. And we are comparing apples to apples. In a comparison of the first games shown for their respective upcoming consoles, MS came out on top. Sony simply should have shown better, or not at all yesterday.

There is no doubt about the strength of Sony's IP. They should have led with that.
MS's first was halo, if that showing can be forgotten so can Sony's right?

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry, did Sony show off a first party PS5 game? A bit strange to compare, or be worried about, a 3rd party multiplatform game.
Personally, I think they are waiting on Sony. It makes sense from a strategic move if they do in fact have the more powerful console (for sales purposes)

1. Put pressure on competitor by announcing your product first, but without revealing too much.
2. Then, let your competitor reveal their product and generate excitement.
3. Squash the excitement over their product with revealing the beefier specs of your product as a move to show superiority.
4. Lastly, fine-tune your marketing based on this public knowledge.

This sounds exactly like what Sony is already doing. 1 and 2 especially.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
And yet MS cant confidently say they have next gens most powerful console. Only that it's their most powerful Xbox and that they feel like they want to be the most powerful.

Direct quote from Phil Spencer last night

"Our goal has always been to build the most powerful console we can, and I think we're there. We like leading in power and performance and I feel like we're going to be there again."

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

I hoped they would have shown big too. It seems they are holding their nuclear weapons for their event.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Why not just reveal now though. It makes more sense to go balls to the wall with the messaging that it's next gens most power console.

Too early. You can't just drop all the important info 10 months before and then repeat yourselves for the next 10 months until release. People will get bored of the message and start to poke holes in it. Marketing 101.

The reveal wasn't a Sony reveal. It was a Gearbox reveal from their publishing arm of an indie game. All they did was get permission from Sony to say that it is releasing on the PS5.

You can see that this is obvious by looking at the end of the trailer, which uses current gen marketing/branding. They'll likely have new marketing/branding for the official reveal.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017
And yet MS cant confidently say they have next gens most powerful console. Only that it's their most powerful Xbox and that they feel like they want to be the most powerful.
A. It's poor form, you don't announce your competitors specs before they even have a chance to market. Sony didn't do that with the ps4
B. Phil used the same lingo " we believe" before the pro was even announced, it's called safe guarding
C. Who's to say some random ass console don't come out next year that will be more powerful like a steam machine or sega comes back. It's covering your ass pr

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Just look what I found in my twitter feed: LOL

ELq803wW4AAymE8
LOL. I hope somebody tweets that at Phil.

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Direct quote from Phil Spencer last night

"Our goal has always been to build the most powerful console we can, and I think we're there. We like leading in power and performance and I feel like we're going to be there again."

The correct PR/marketing move here is to say this quote even if you know you are weaker. Why? It's easy to walk back and shows that you have confidence in your brand and product.

In reality, it does not mean much of anything.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
The reveal wasn't a Sony reveal. It was a Gearbox reveal from their publishing arm of an indie game. All they did was get permission from Sony to say that it is releasing on the PS5.

You can see that this is obviously by looking at the end of the trailer, which uses current gen marketing/branding. They'll likely have new marketing/branding for the official reveal.

Understood.

If I was Sony, I would have politely declined to attach the PS5 name to Godfall.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Why not just reveal now though. It makes more sense to go balls to the wall with the messaging that it's next gens most power console.

If anything, this thread has proven how obsessed people are with which console is more powerful, so Microsoft knows that's marketable. Also, why reveal everything now when you know more people are in invested in PlayStation and excited for the PS5 reveal, which is a perfect time to combat some of that excitement by revealing more about your console and its power. People are suckers for numbers and wondering who has the more powerful console.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Isn't this Godfall game like the equivalent of the PS4 launch game Warframe. Small studio low budget. It's certainly no sign of the ultimate graphics lol. Hell blade looks incredible. We get glimpses of those photorealistic landscapes crammed with detail that we can hope to expect how. The next GTA game will be ludicrous.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't this Godfall game like the equivalent of the PS4 launch game Warframe. Small studio low budget. It's certainly no sign of the ultimate graphics lol. Hell blade looks incredible. We get glimpses of those photorealistic landscapes crammed with detail that we can hope to expect how. The next GTA game will be ludicrous.

Imagine if Sony shows a trailer of GTA6 during their event? What will happen?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

This is why I have zero interest in which console is more powerful than the other. At the end of the day, we are gamers who just want awesome experiences — regardless of brand we play on. I'm just so excited for Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 to ring-in the new generation!
Look, ppl arguing about which has more flops, and I'm excited that another impossible thing was laid to rest with the reveal. Multiple games can be suspended.

This was at the top of my wish list. Everything else is whatever.

Can utilize streaming to start playing games while waiting for it to download.

This has my attention.

I value, welcome and want the quality of life improvements.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019
Imagine Kratos with those photorealistic graphics

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Thanatos better at analyzing PR than I am, and I wasn't half-bad at my job.

I work in PR/Marketing as a Product Marketer/Community Manager, so I've had quite a bit of practice! The trick, not sure if it was the same for you, was to always look at what was NOT being said.

When a company knows they have a unique selling point/feature/strength, they almost grind it into the dirt from shouting it so much. This is not one of those cases, yet (or it may not be the case at all).

Either way, always nice to see another PR friend :)

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
I work in PR/Marketing as a Product Marketer/Community Manager, so I've had quite a bit of practice! The trick, not sure if it was the same for you, was to always look at what was NOT being said.

When a company knows they have a unique selling point/feature/strength, they almost grind it into the dirt from shouting it so much. This is not one of those cases, yet (or it may not be the case at all).

Either way, always nice to see another PR friend :)
I appreciate the insight

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I think they are waiting on Sony. It makes sense from a strategic move if they do in fact have the more powerful console (for sales purposes)

1. Put pressure on competitor by announcing your product first, but without revealing too much.
2. Then, let your competitor reveal their product and generate excitement.
3. Squash the excitement over their product with revealing the beefier specs of your product as a move to show superiority.
4. Lastly, fine-tune your marketing based on this public knowledge.

I really don't think Sony feels pressure.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Because you can't just come out and say you have the most powerful console when the other side hasn't publicly revealed their specs.

You say it with a caveat like (we believe).

Over the past week, MS has leaked the 12TF and revealed the power of the console and made a ton of statements around how they believe they will be the most powerful console next gen. PS5 dev kits have been out for awhile so PS5 specs are known. Tom Warren keeps hinting at this fact.

Considering the above and MS' confidence in their statements, you should be able to easily read between the lines.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Avoided Era last night.

So what's the take on Series X? Is it just the Anaconda model? Or would LH be part of Series X?

Also, what has people been calling it? I've been using XBSeX on discord because I'm 5.
im not 5

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was talking about this because of the rumros that Sony would buy Take 2 or that GTA6 was going to be a timed exclusive for PS5. Not my own preferences or yours.
I don't think buying GTA6 timed exclusivity is a thing. It will cost an insane amount of money. And I mean, everyone can paste anything into a pastebin, post it here and use it as "there was a rumor for bla" arguments.

Deleted member 56995

Banned
May 24, 2019
I was hoping that we would get a Shadowfall moment last night. I was not disappointed. As a former 8TF GCN guy, I am so glad I was wrong.

Avoided Era last night.

So what's the take on Series X? Is it just the Anaconda model? Or would LH be part of Series X?

Also, what has people been calling it? I've been using XBSeX on discord because I'm 5.
im not 5

XSeX or just the SeX seems to be the consensus.

Jan 20, 2019
Because you can't just come out and say you have the most powerful console when the other side hasn't publicly revealed their specs.

You say it with a caveat like (we believe).

Over the past week, MS has leaked the 12TF and revealed the power of the console and made a ton of statements around how they believe they will be the most powerful console next gen. PS5 dev kits have been out for awhile so PS5 specs are known. Tom Warren keeps hinting at this fact.

Considering the above and MS' confidence in their statements, you should be able to easily read between the lines.

You should calll klee, because he obvious didnt read between the lines.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
That Hellblade trailer is so fucking good. I'm also so happy at the specs we seem to be getting all around. I've apparently underestimated AMD and both companies' engineering teams and am so happy to be wrong. Can not believe we're really looking at Zen 2 CPUs with healthy clocks, SSDs, and 12tflop GPUs with RT and VRS. The stars aligned for some amazing technology this time around and I am so excited to see what comes of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.