• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised that MS told very little about their new controller though. Probably leaving some stuff out for the next reveal.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
For comparison to the Hellblade 2 and Godfall footage, this was probably the most impressive looking content I'd seen to date, although some parts of Death Stranding gave it a run for its money:

The Hellblade 2 video certainly seemed like a step up from this in terms of creating a life-like persons face. Then again TLOU does seem to go for a bit more stylized look so there's that. The scenery in some parts certainly reminded me of Death Stranding, but bumped up in terms of fine detail which is to be expected.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Is no one concerned about the 1tb storage? These articles make it seem like external memory isn't an option with how the games need to run off the ssd.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, before Navi most peoples predictions were very Conservative.
Lol, yeah. I've been saying twice the perf of the XbX from the beginning, but some were adamant about it barely matching a Vega 56.

You still read it now. They used to say "Explain how they'll achieve that target when the Vega II exists" and then they replaced it with the 5700XT.

Profound lack of imagination.

I remembered when an 'industry veteran' told us his source said next gen consoles were 1080 tier.

God save the poor souls that believed his pile of crap.
Ha!
If the current information pan out, and I have little reason to think otherwise, these consoles will match, if not exceed, the 2080.

I'm gonna hold out on calling it "nearly matching the 2080Ti" just to be a bit more reasonable :p

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For comparison to the Hellblade 2 and Godfall footage, this was probably the most impressive looking content I'd seen to date, although some parts of Death Stranding gave it a run for its money:

The Hellblade 2 video certainly seemed like a step up from this in terms of creating a life-like persons face. Then again TLOU does seem to go for a bit more stylized look so there's that. The scenery in some parts certainly reminded me of Death Stranding, but bumped up in terms of fine detail which is to be expected.

I mean, Hellblade 2 is a start of the new gen with a game so it takes a while to really get your tools ready for everything and getting used to the new hardware. Additionally, Naughty has a very matured pipeline to help get their games impressive visually and same goes to almost all the Sony studios.
In any case, Hellbalde 2 looked amazing and I can't wait for next gen :)

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Do you realize tha between XB1 and PS4 there was just a half of Tflop of gap and that along was enough to give the difference? We are talking about GCN here, let alone RDNA/RDNA 2. You should consider even ounce of flop to be used fully and make a difference in many cases.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Is no one concerned about the 1tb storage? These articles make it seem like external memory isn't an option with how the games need to run off the ssd.

I'm not concerned for myself. That will likely be 6-8 games installed - when we're talking "AAA." I can see people who like to have "all" of their game installed are though.

Feb 10, 2018
I think the talk of "which console is more powerful" will die down quickly. The differences will be so minimal that it wont even matter.

MrDeveus

Apr 26, 2019

TLOU2 and Hellblade 2 is only games that really look Next Gen to me Halo Infinite is also up there.

Feb 10, 2018
I mean, Hellblade 2 is a start of the new gen with a game so it takes a while to really get your tools ready for everything and getting used to the new hardware. Additionally, Naughty has a very matured pipeline to help get their games impressive visually and same goes to almost all the Sony studios.
In any case, Hellbalde 2 looked amazing and I can't wait for next gen :)

I think hellblade 2 and other games will benefit from UE4s rather mature next gen features, UE4 is essentially already a next gen ready engine.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I think hellblade 2 and other games will benefit from UE4s rather mature next gen features, UE4 is essentially already a next gen ready engine.

They were implementing next-gen features for quite some time: Full RT support (some features are still in beta like RTGI), chaos destruction engine, Quixel megascans and other features.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
KAOm3HK.gif

r3sEOhV.gif

TIiN1sX.gif

p7Qxxl1.gif

pDqRhaw.gif

Impressive!

Blizzje

Jul 7, 2018
2X GPU power of the Xbox One X is not 12 TF RDNA. That's close to 9 TF of RDNA, which is still nothing to be disappointed about. I hope PS5 can bring the RDNA tflops closer to 10TF but doubt it. Sticking with my prediction of 9.2 TF RDNA for PS5, which is still great.

Feb 10, 2018
unfortunately, it will never stop.

Sure you will get some in digital foundry thread, but people just accept that the pro is weaker and te 1x is stronger, there is far less bickering about it.
Probably because still some of the best looking games are in the pro.
I think it will take a lot less time for both sides to mellow out.
If the specs are 12tf vs 13tf, 3rd party games will have parity and exclusives I share a similar of technical sophistication. X1 exclusives kept with ps4s despite being 40% weaker and shifter memory.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, yeah. I've been saying twice the perf of the XbX from the beginning, but some were adamant about it barely matching a Vega 56.

You still read it now. They used to say "Explain how they'll achieve that target when the Vega II exists" and then they replaced it with the 5700XT.

Profound lack of imagination.

What was worst is every time they were wrong it was still the same thing over and over again .

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

I didn't dig the facial animations in the previous game. They tried to look so real yet they faleld so ahrd in the Uncanny Valley Syndrome because of the limited tools they had back then and mostly limited budget and resources. Now with proper funding from MS, buffed up console and engine and mostly more advanced capturing tools they could overcome this threshold and make facial aniamtions as natural as it could be.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Some people read what you say and then try to figure out how to make it fit into what they believe in the truth. They are coming at it from the wrong angle the console warrior one, i am grateful for all the info you have given

Some console warriors try to know which console is the more powerful, Knowing the two consoles TFlops are maximum 9% of difference, this is not important. The PS5 GPU is probably between 11 and 13 TFlops.

Other PC warrior want the console to be low power and continue with GCN nonsense.

Md Ray

Oct 29, 2017
Chennai, India

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So we have
  • 4k 60fps games
  • new controller which you can still use on Xbox One family as well as using your Xbox One controllers on the new X (this is big to me, no mandatory new controllers anymore)
  • gaming up to 120fps
  • VRR
  • 8k capabilities (I guess this is more marketing - it's like the 4k capabilities of both Xbox One (before the s) and PS4 base)
  • Zen2, RDNA (which was a given)
  • "patented" VRS
  • next-gen SSD, "virtually no load times" (whatever that means)
  • Auto Low Latency Mode (never heard of that before)
  • Dynamic Latency Input (never heard of that before)
  • BC with all Xbox generations (I guess you still have to download the games for 360 and OG Xbox, you can't just put the disc in but still great to hear)
That's quite something from Microsoft. Still a lot of details missing but they really have a strong box planned.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So we have
  • 4k 60fps games
  • new controller which you can still use on Xbox One family as well as using your Xbox One controllers on the new X (this is big to me, no mandatory new controllers anymore)
  • gaming up to 120fps
  • VRR
  • 8k capabilities (I guess this is more marketing - it's like the 4k capabilities of both Xbox One (before the s) and PS4 base)
  • Zen2, RDNA (which was a given)
  • "patented" VRS
  • next-gen SSD, "virtually no load times" (whatever that means)
  • Auto Low Latency Mode (never heard of that before)
  • Dynamic Latency Input (never heard of that before)
  • BC with all Xbox generations (I guess you still have to download the games for 360 and OG Xbox, you can't just put the disc in but still great to hear)
That's quite something from Microsoft. Still a lot of details missing but they really have a strong box planned.

So if they gave all those details, what they gonna do during a proper reveal event? Or they gonna just settle for E3 to present the games only?

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.