• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
but death stranding and tlou 2 already look better?

kfE9qJ6.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Halo-Infinite-E3-2019-Trailer.jpg

Halo-Infinite-Master-Chief-Screenshot-E3-2019.jpg
what if the cutscenes in halo are using the same assets as gameplay?

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Personally I wasnt impressed by the halo infinite E3 2019 trailer, nothing in it looked impossible for current gen, which makes sense considering it is a current gen game with a higher resolution, framerates and some increased setting quality rather than a ground up next gen scarlett game.

the halo infinite trailer was also shown at the Xbox Scarlett segement, implying their target is 4k60 on Anaconda, not X1X, so its not crazy to think that those Sony will games will get 4k 60 patches too.
Of course Halo Infinite is targetting 4k60 on Scarlett, I was not implying otherwise. The original post was about next gen games after all.

As for TLOU or Death Stranding being able to get 4k60 patches, it's possible. But from the first Halo Infinite trailer we saw the maps are supposed to be huge, and we don't know how many enemies and other entities (like wildlife), along with their AI and graphical resources, will exist in the moment to moment gameplay. The actual system load of those games at 4k60 and Halo Infinite also at 4k60 may actually be pretty similar, subjective preference for the outcome of using those resources notwithstanding.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
I think e3 2020 will be the big reveal for Halo Infinite it will be much better than this year.

Hopefully, it really needs something with a lot more impact than what it got so far. It doesn't even need to be action per se, but give me a narrative, a buildup, a set up, show me why I should care about this stuff, what are the stakes. What we got so far amounts to a big ball of nothing.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm pretty disappointed we haven't seen any real next-gen games... you know, like stuff that's impossible on current gen.

Last gen we had Star War 1313, Watchdogs etc etc. Sure one got canned and the other downgraded, but it was sure fun dreaming about the possibilities.

Jason mentions in Blood, Sweat, and Pixels that apparently neither Sony nor Microsoft were very happy with how that played out. I'm betting the current contracts required to get access to dev kits mandate that no games targeted for the new generation can be shown or announced as tied to the new hardware until they're given the go-ahead. It shouldn't be too much longer now, and it just means something of a flood when the time comes.

Aug 26, 2019
Jason mentions in Blood, Sweat, and Pixels that apparently neither Sony nor Microsoft were very happy with how that played out. I'm betting the current contracts required to get access to dev kits mandate that no games targeted for the new generation can be shown or announced as tied to the new hardware until they're given the go-ahead. It shouldn't be too much longer now, and it just means something of a flood when the time comes.
Rightfully so tbh. The WD demo created such unrealistic expectations for next-gen. It fooled me too, all of the other early next-gen games looked drab in comparison.

mangochutney

Jun 11, 2018
Don't discount this tweet.

Tom would be in a better position than anyone to know where both consoles were ending up. He said he won't do anything until stuff leaks out elsewhere, but he already cheekily put the 4 / 12 numbers out last month.
Cloud-based dev kits?

Random query: Do the Xbox One/X dev kits have fully functioning Xbox Live connectivity?
I would have thought so - but if they do they will connect to test environments, not the Xbox Live or PSN that you or I connect to.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Rightfully so tbh. The WD demo created such unrealistic expectations for next-gen. It fooled me too, all of the other early next-gen games looked drab in comparison.

Hoping we see 2 or 3 Sony first party games at there revel since they normally match what they show.
When you see HZD2 or spidey 2 you know it going to look and have everything they showed .

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, good insights
What if they were 2x the Framerate?
Context, people.
2x 60 fps? ;)

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You serious lol
One way to know if a leak fake is if they start talking about the APU size no dev is going to care about that .
There is such a thing as to much info when it comes to leaks .

We know that PS5 dev kits have been out for almost a year. Tom Warren has stated this.

Rumors were that PS5 was at 13TF early this year.

Was AMD pumping out 13TF RDNA cards in time for dev kits? No. But they were pumping out 13TF GCN cards that can be the equivalent of what was expected of the Navi 2 cards because RDNA does not equal GCN.

The reason this made sense to me is that it covers why 13TF was thrown around earlier this year when the RDNA cards for 13TF RDNA didn't exist. Its because the dev kit was running 13TF GCN which was planned to translate into the equivalent of a lower TF RDNA card.

This leak (if accurate) would explain a lot of the confusion on the TF figures. 13TF GCN target is much higher than Stadias 10.8TF GCN target.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing? This would also explain Tom's cryptic tweets on dev kits. MS did not go out with a GCN kit. They are out with RDNA kits at 12TF.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
We know that PS5 dev kits have been out for almost a year. Tom Warren has stated this.

Was AMD pumping out 13TF RDNA cards in time for dev kits? No. But they were pumping out 13TF GCN cards that can be the equivalent of what was expected of the Navi 2 cards because RDNA does not equal GCN.

The reason this made sense to me is that it covers why 13TF was thrown around earlier this year when the RDNA cards for 13TF RDNA didn't exist. Its because the dev kit was running 13TF GCN which was planned to translate into the equivalent of a lower TF RDNA card.

This leak (if accurate) would explain a lot of the confusion on the TF figures.

You have a leak that using old numbers but can't give you the latest ones and then decide to talk about the APU size.
I could do a much better fake than that with what people think or saying in this thread.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I actually think that PS5 could very well be lower than Anaconda, if they used 13/14TF GCN cards, it's most probably well...

...it's the limit of what was available at the time.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This leak (if accurate) would explain a lot of the confusion on the TF figures. 13TF GCN target is much higher than Stadias 10.8TF GCN target.

Can someone tell me what I'm missing? This would also explain Tom's cryptic tweets on dev kits. MS did not go out with a GCN kit. They are out with RDNA kits at 12TF.
you are missing the fact that GCN cards cannot do ray tracing. so any devkits without rt are useless.

Aug 26, 2019
Don't remind me LMAO.
To much people online like to say downgrade with out knowing what they talking about .
I swear you could show them different 2 real life picture with different lighting or weather and they would call one downgrade lol.
Yeah tbh I thought the UC4 E3 2016 demo was faked and I was shocked that the entire thing was legit and looked just as good if not better

Jun 23, 2019

? That still wouldn't any sense because how would Sony be able to convey that to the public that, "Hey, our TF number is lower than MS's, but that's because ours is equivalent to another architecture, we swear!" ?

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't remind me LMAO.
To much people online like to say downgrade with out knowing what they talking about .
I swear you could show them different 2 real life picture with different lighting or weather and they would call one downgrade lol.
Remember the Driveclub fiasco because it looked like a car was floating, but apparently it was accurate and the problem was that it was noon in the game.

Deleted member 2379

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you are missing the fact that GCN cards cannot do ray tracing. so any devkits without rt are useless.

What AMD cards have had RT since earlier this year? We know that Sony has had dev kits out for awhile. Unless I'm missing something I don't know how you have dev kits out for a year with AMD equipment and no RT as the cards with RT weren't ready.

I assume there was no RT on the initial cards.

Adahel

May 28, 2018
Spain

I'm not sure about this. We know that Sony and AMD were working together on Navi and maybe RDNA. That could explain why the PS5 devkits have been out for almost a year.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Remember the Driveclub fiasco because it looked like a car was floating, but apparently it was accurate and the problem was that it was noon in the game.

That was another bad one .
Rusty had to go out side and take a picture of a car at that time of day to show it was accurate .
It's like people don't understand lighting does not look good all the time even in real life.
Then there things look better to people when there wet even thought there the same with everything else.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What AMD cards have had RT since earlier this year? We know that Sony has had dev kits out for awhile. Unless I'm missing something I don't know how you have dev kits out for a year with AMD equipment and no RT as the cards with RT weren't ready.

I would assume that leaks were based on spec sheets, than what is available in the devkit.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I would think early dev kits didn't have RT. It's also possible we're looking at some kind of separate RT tech independent from the gpu given amd is behind on rt stuff. Like I wouldn't be surprised is all.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was another bad one .
Rusty had to go out side and take a picture of a car at that time of day to show it was accurate .
It's like people don't understand lighting does not look good all the time even in real life.
Then there things look better to people when there wet even thought there the same with everything else.
Yep.

Probably why Horizon Zero Dawn decided to have the day-night cycle to fast forward in certain hours to get the best looking lighting though. Made some of the transitions too weird, but at least it didnt leave it with some dull looking scenes.

Rikimaru

Nov 2, 2017

PS4 had rapid packed math before Vega. And custom features such as ID buffer.
Xbox One does not have either.

Deleted member 2379

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
? That still wouldn't any sense because how would Sony be able to convey that to the public that, "Hey, our TF number is lower than MS's, but that's because ours is equivalent to another architecture, we swear!" ?

Why would that be an issue for Sony? They haven't been out advertising any TF figures. Both will launch with Navi 2 and show the RDNA numbers. I don't see them converting to GCN figures because its dumb.

My point is: How do you provide developers with a dev kit early unless you provide them with the equivalent horsepower? The RDNA cards weren't around but you know what the efficiency translation is between GCN and RDNA. Developers can target a GCN horsepower figure until you can get them the RDNA cards with lower TF but equal processing power.

Ignoring the fact that the APU thing throws the whole leak off (and likely kills it), the entire thought process remains.

There were no 13TF RDNA cards earlier this year. There is a greater than zero chance that Sony's initial dev kits were running on 13TF GCN cards which existed which is where the 13TF rumors came from. The 13TF GCN was never meant to be final it was the stop gap until the RDNA cards could be swapped in.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Thanks. Reason I asked was Phil Spencer's recent Tweet about taking his Scarlett console home and 'connecting to the community'. Just sounds more pre-production retail console than dev kit?

As someone who formerly worked directly on this issue: Some dev kits, particularly on Xbox, can toggle between a test environment and live rather easily.

No matter what network you are talking about, there is always a need for at least some portion of test machines within it to connect to the final version of said network to check for unexpected bugs.

So Spencer's console either has a toggle or is an in-network model designed to test certain features. A good example of why this config might be needed is testing cross-gen play on the current Xbox Live environment.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Yep.

Probably why Horizon Zero Dawn decided to have the day-night cycle to fast forward in certain hours to get the best looking lighting though. Made some of the transitions too weird, but at least it didnt leave it with some dull looking scenes.

I know we will get better lighting in HZD2 but i hope they keep the out worldly look compare to something like DS.
I really enjoying the lighting in that game since it was not going for a realistic look fully.
The world always seem to pop if you understand what i trying to say .

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know we will get better lighting in HZD2 but i hope they keep the out worldly look compare to something like DS.
I really enjoying the lighting in that game since it was not going for a realistic look fully.
The world always seem to pop if you understand what i trying to say .
Havent played Death Stranding yet, Summer 2020 cant come soon enough for me.

Also who do I complain to for Microsoft to release Forza Horizon on Steam? Game pass isn't really supported here.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see more interactivity in HZD, closer to BOTW. Also more world persistance, maybe less than Skyrim, but something closer than what we had.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
As someone who formerly worked directly on this issue: Some dev kits, particularly on Xbox, can toggle between a test environment and live rather easily.

No matter what network you are talking about, there is always a need for at least some portion of test machines within it to connect to the final version of said network to check for unexpected bugs.

So Spencer's console either has a toggle or is an in-network model designed to test certain features. A good example of why this config might be needed is testing cross-gen play on the current Xbox Live environment.

Thanks for the insight.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see more interactivity in HZD, closer to BOTW. Also more world persistance, maybe less than Skyrim, but something closer than what we had.

It would be disappointing if HZD2 don't have more destruction and interactivity .
Part 1 they already had a okay amount with tress, rocks ,small house by the need to take it much further .

Status
Not open for further replies.