• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleegamefan

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 16, 2017
I've been a fan of Kleegamefan since the best magazine existed. The way he's handled himself here justifies that IMO.

small.gallery_9_45807.jpg.06e571f91bb0a6fd208abbc3411883a1.jpg

Thank you very much :)

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
I actually will be really impressed if MS hits 12 TF. That is such an absurd number. It's an amazing achievenent in engineering.

By reading this thread I came to the conclussion that the maximum power we would get was 11 Tflops tops. It's crazy if Ms (or Sony) get to 12Tflops Navi. They will completely make my i7 4970 paired with a GTX1080 extremely obsolete, taking into account that when the Xbone and Ps4 released they felt a bit short. My GTX670 could destroy both consoles and we are talking about a only-decent GPU. If I am not mistaken EPIC expected both consoles to hit circa 2.5Tflops, and well, they didn't.

These beasts are supposed to destroy GPUs that cost about $700. It's madness, I am extremely pleased no matter which one comes on top.

Feb 10, 2018
When Jason said that we had the leak anaconda specs that had them over 10.
The change Ana from 10 to 12 since last year if you go by pastebin .( which is nonsense)
It was this year when Jason said both were aiming above stadia .
People are acting like there were no dev kits out for Ana there were it just few people had them .
Klee also straight out said that 10.2 number was wrong when ask about few months back we went over this yesterday .

Ok I'll take your word for it, however Sony going $499 12-14tf does not line up with Ryan's "fastest transition ever" and the mentally Sony had throughout the ps4 gen though. Things can change, but history is a good indicator of future behaviour especially when it was successful.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
PSA: Any post involving any/all of the following:

SpinningBirdKick
I'm an expert
JeffRigby
Redeemed
VFX_Veteran
Culture
TimDog
Pastebin
Lockhart

may safely be assumed as a joke

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I'll take your word for it, however Sony going $499 12-14tf does not line up with Ryan's "fastest transition ever" and the mentally Sony had throughout the ps4 gen though. Things can change, but history is a good indicator of future behaviour especially when it was successful.

IMO they could still do that .
Maybe the will eat a bigger lost this or maybe these system not as expensive as some here seem to think to make.

EDIT i am at the point where what people say impossible or can't happen in this thread is just wait and see.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
Plenty of big development here last night, the premium Scarlett SKU sounds utterly amazing.

Also, happy that Jason killed that old pastebin rumor on PS5 being 10.24 TF. They are going to be close in power.

Feb 10, 2018
IMO they could still do that .
Maybe the will eat a bigger lost this or maybe these system not as expensive as some here seem to think to make.

Well there is as much chance as ps5 being 12-14tf @ $399 as a 12tf anaconda being $349.

Talking about which company can take the bigger loss is just silly talk, because both are $billion companies, its just a useless discussion, never leads to anywhere constructive.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best part about these recent revelations is that they put us right back where we started.

Anaconda > PS5 > Lockhart in terms of the power scale. Microsoft trying to have the high and low ground at the same time. I can't wait to see what next-gen plays out like.

Kleegamefan

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 16, 2017
What do you make of 16 gigs in Anaconda? (and i think PS5 as well)
I think you were hoping for more?

Is it really Anaconda that has 13+3 GB memory?

I thought Windows Central was saying this was the minimum amount of memory used for next generation games and that also Lockhart has less memory than Anaconda.

I might be misinterpreting that, though.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
Is it really Anaconda that has 13+3 GB memory?

I thought Windows Central was saying this was the minimum amount of memory used for next generation games and that also Lockhart has less memory than Anaconda.

I might be misinterpreting that, though.
From that article:

"We're told that at least Anaconda will guarantee 13GB of RAM for games, with 3GB on the OS a total of 16GB."

They also say Lockhart will have less then that,my best guess is 12GB.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
The best part about these recent revelations is that they put us right back where we started.

Anaconda > PS5 > Lockhart in terms of the power scale. Microsoft trying to have the high and low ground at the same time. I can't wait to see what next-gen plays out like.

They didn't do anything of the sort. No one with insider knowledge has confirmed or stated that Anaconda > PS5. Spreading that line of thought is spreading false information.

Now if you want to spread false info, go for it. But a lot of people following this thread are looking for reliable, close to confirmed info and this statement does not help do anything but confuse.

A lot of this thread is people taking someone's conjecture and running off of it as confirmed fact. Stop and think for a second and see where the source of the original info is before going more offroading people :)

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Well there is as much chance as ps5 being 12-14tf @ $399 as a 12tf anaconda being $349.

Talking about which company can take the bigger loss is just silly talk, because both are $billion companies, its just a useless discussion, never leads to anywhere constructive.

But it part of how business is done and you have to think about it.
Answer me this most things people say were impossible happen .
So people saying it could not happen did not lead to anything constructive either but harm the thread instead.

Feb 10, 2018
I don't think most regular or wise people here question Jason, actually most debunk rumors based Jason and klee

I don't know how you can really have any idea at all how "wise" the people were who questioned Jason's statement, but it happened multiple times.

But my point is that rumours and info is so all over the place, it's not wise to place more faith on one set of legit rumours over the other.

Oct 25, 2017

It doesn't do that because we don't know where PS5 is.

All this tells us is that Scar is quite powerful.

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
Where does this keep coming from given recent scarlett news?

Why would the scarlett news change this?

What the rumours were before the Scarlett news

Scarlett = X TF
PS5 = 1.1X TF

What we learned from the Scarlett news:

X = 12

They didn't do anything of the sort. No one with insider knowledge has confirmed or stated that Anaconda > PS5. Spreading that line of thought is spreading false information.

Now if you want to spread false info, go for it. But a lot of people following this thread are looking for reliable, close to confirmed info and this statement does not help do anything but confuse.

A lot of this thread is people taking someone's conjecture and running off of it as confirmed fact. Stop and think for a second and see where the source of the original info is before going more offroading people :)

Some sense finally.

Again, all we learned from the Windowcentral article was the TF of Scarlett. Nothing more. Nothing about the relative power of the two consoles.

40 CU's at around 1.8ghz seems likely at this point

PS5 < 10TF now? Despite every single reliable source saying otherwise? And that makes this likely?

Nov 11, 2017
This thread has turned into a zoo, random pastebins, reinterpreting already vague ass post to fit whatever narrative you have. Honestly this shit is embarrassing 😄. Shout out to the specs that actually leaked yesterday the end is almost near.

Kevo

Oct 17, 2019

Microsoft's market cap is over 1 trillion dollars more than Sony's. They have more cash reserves than the entirety of what Sony stock is worth. Might not be silly to talk about if Microsoft is willing to take bigger losses for market share.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Microsoft's market cap is over 1 trillion dollars more than Sony's. They have more cash reserves than the entirety of what Sony stock is worth. Might not be silly to talk about if Microsoft is willing to take bigger losses for market share.
I dont believe that is the way business lines in a company work.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands

The Xbox division does not have the treasure chest of Microsoft. I always find this such a weird statement. Like Microsoft would say here go ahead and spend what you want?

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019

ohzrd5t.jpg

Now we're back to the "MS has more money" arguments?

This thread man...

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

Thank you.

Although, I don't think that's a bad spot to be in for PS5.

Wild part is some ppl acting like it was a forum wide bet or something. At times it's an actual discussion about the specs of the consoles.

Other times it's.....oh boy......

Last edited:

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, looks like I made a mistake that really gives me some perspective on this thread and forum. I clearly don't have the level of free time you folks have to research this stuff, and as a result I can't contribute to the conversation.

That's enough forum posting for me. Have fun people.

Kevo

Oct 17, 2019
The Xbox division does not have the treasure chest of Microsoft. I always find this such a weird statement. Like Microsoft would say here go ahead and spend what you want?
If Microsoft decides to take a huge loss on hardware they can easily make that back and billions more with a huge gain in market share of hardware users subscribing to Game Pass ultimate. The gaming market is worth over $130 billion per year. That may be worth breaking open the Microsoft treasure chest to do better this generation.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I think there are a couple of other possibilities besides the ones you listed. [for lockhart's return]

2) Sony is indeed weaker but a $399 10 tflops console. The $299 is ms' backup plan to ensure Sony can't undercut them on price.

this is what makes most sense to me. lockhart was in flux because both ps5 and anaconda final specs were in flux. i dont necessarily think that ps5 is 399 though, and i doubt the difference in power is significant (i see no reason to change the expectation from the previously accepted 10.X TF).

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Alright, looks like I made a mistake that really gives me some perspective on this thread and forum. I clearly don't have the level of free time you folks have to research this stuff, and as a result I can't contribute to the conversation.

People here make all kind of mistakes. Ignore those pretending they don't make mistakes.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Hey - what happened? If you got snapped at because you were caught up in the noise I wouldn't worry about it. Don't stop posting - you're one of the more sensible doggies.

No_Face

Dec 18, 2017
Brigerbad, Switzerland
Companies don't waste money just because they already have a lot. That's not how business works. The xbox division exists for quite some time now and it's not like Microsoft was poor in the lead-up to prior generations. Did you see them spend unnecessary amounts of money back then?

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Why would the scarlett news change this?

What the rumours were before the Scarlett news

Scarlett = X TF
PS5 = 1.1X TF

What we learned from the Scarlett news:

X = 12

Some sense finally.

Again, all we learned from the Windowcentral article was the TF of Scarlett. Nothing more. Nothing about the relative power of the two consoles.

PS5 < 10TF now? Despite every single reliable source saying otherwise? And that makes this likely?
Because 2ghz is unrealistic in a Console & the benchmark leak shouldn't be taken as gospel, it likely runs hot as hell even in a big devkit case.

Status
Not open for further replies.