• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
If PlayStation 5 is really at 10 TF and Anaconda at 12TF, it probably means that those consoles will have a different price, which would be awesome. Probably $400/$500 or $500/$600.

It would give more choices to consumers.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Scarlett and PS5 targeting 12 tflops... I mean, I was always hopeful, and I believed it was definitely possible, but having it basically confirmed like this...

tenor.gif

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Told y'all both Sony and MS were aiming to beat Stadia's number. Anyway, I'm no engineer, but my understanding from talking to people who are is that the CPU speed and the streaming capabilities of the high-end SSDs on both PS5 and XB2 will make wayyy more of a difference than teraflops, which seem more like console war bait than an actual measure of what video games will look like on these things. Games already look ridiculous enough; my hope (one that I imagine is shared with most reasonable gamers) is that the next generation of consoles is more focused on accessibility, 60+fps, and function rather than graphical fidelity.

Hopefully though I'm not holding my breath, I see devs chasing 4k with RT faster than ditching 30fps. Main reason why I'm planning on buying a PC next year.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Told y'all both Sony and MS were aiming to beat Stadia's number. Anyway, I'm no engineer, but my understanding from talking to people who are is that the CPU speed and the streaming capabilities of the high-end SSDs on both PS5 and XB2 will make wayyy more of a difference than teraflops, which seem more like console war bait than an actual measure of what video games will look like on these things. Games already look ridiculous enough; my hope (one that I imagine is shared with most reasonable gamers) is that the next generation of consoles is more focused on accessibility, 60+fps, and function rather than graphical fidelity.
dude i have gone to war on your behalf over that quote. your subsequent post in that last thread was used by many to dismiss your 'higher than stadia number' quote.

my blood pressure and cholestrol has gone up trying to convince people you meant what you wrote initially lol.

can you confirm if the ps5 is also 12 tflops? your rtx 2080 comments suggest a 12+ tflops number. What have you heard?

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So your ps5/scarlett being close in power tweet was before this 12tf revelation?
Hmmmmm look if I start answering questions like this some shitty websites will start picking up my posts and running stories like they did last week based on mischaracterizations of things I said on Splitscreen (which was really fucking annoying) so I'm gonna shy away from writing about what I have or haven't heard, sorry.

Aug 26, 2019
It's 12:30 pm.

It's been a rough morning for Cerny. After months of internal confidence within Sony as to PS5's TF superiority, legitimate rumors have suddenly turned the tables, placing Cerny's hard work in doubt.

"It's OK", Cerny thinks to himself. "It's 12:30 pm, which means it's time for a respite from the day's insanity".

Cerny, of course, was referring to his daily afternoon bathtub. It was the one place Mark could get away from it all - his aquatic fortress of solitude.

Cerny swings the door open to his private bathroom, primed for relaxtion.

Only, it's Jim Ryan sitting - in his birthday suit - comfortably in Cerny's private bathtub, with a smug look of disapproval.

"What's this about 12 TF, Mark?"

"Oh, sweet Knack", Cerny said internally. His bathtub rejuvenation would have to wait another day. A sore ass due to a Ryan spanking was imminent, however.
10/10

nah

12/12

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Remember when DF signaled to people to reduce their expectations and talked about 8TF or such? Yeah, that won't age well.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
People are saying this because of an anonymous pastebin post?

Jason I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just trying to understand if we can expect the same teraflops number from PS5 or not.

So the 10.24 number is BS, and we can throw that pastebin in the bin.

Stadia is not on RDNA architecture. It has 10.7 TF from GCN architecture.

Jesus guys at least let me try squeeze something out of the people in the know. :p

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmmmm look if I start answering questions like this some shitty websites will start picking up my posts and running stories like they did last week based on mischaracterizations of things I said on Splitscreen (which was really fucking annoying) so I'm gonna shy away from writing about what I have or haven't heard, sorry.

You can answer our questions on pastebin. Don't worry, we will believe whatever's on that site.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

That is fair cause it crazy how next gen rumours getting twisted and pick up every where .
With out people even paying attention or saying the correct things.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Gamesradar right now

IgMyx.gif

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom

Devs aren't done yet, and games can still look a LOT better.

I honestly don't care much about 60fps, but I do want next-gen games to be as ambitious as devs can imagine them to be.

I want scale, immersion, complex interacting gameplay systems and a greater overall degree of interactivity. I'm hoping next-gen is poised to provide this.

I don't just wanna play the same games at 4k 60fps.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017

Haha smart move.

What I'm interested in is if there's a big power difference between the two (depending on what you count as big), will there be a different in price as well? 🤔

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
If Anaconda turns out to be 12tflops then I won't be surprised if Ps5 ends up with 13tflops. It would also confirm the claim that the difference between them would be the same as an OG Xbone and an XBOS (between 7-8% and extremely difficult to tell appart in games).

If Ps5 is 10,24 Tflops as people are claiming here, then I am sure Anaconda would be $100 more expensive (say, $599)

Also I am worried about bandwith if it only comes with 16gb GDDR (would that be enough? I really have no idea on this)

Lastly, the speed of the SSD being only 1gbps would be slow compared to the rumored 3.5gbps of that on the ps5.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Guys, jschreier has given us enough info to piece it together. They'll be close, and they'll both be beasts.

Him saying a "bunch of new people" just finding out about it means it isn't really news, just news to some. Which in turn means, higher probability for leaks aaaand... Voilà! Like clockwork! 😊

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Devs aren't done yet, and games can still look a LOT better.

I honestly don't care much about 60fps, but I do want next-gen games to be as ambitious as devs can imagine them to be.

I want scale, immersion, complex interacting gameplay systems and a greater overall degree of interactivity. I'm hoping next-gen is poised to provide this.

I don't just wanna play the same games at 4k 60fps.
Expensive.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, that's understandable.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I really wonder if MS is just shuffling power supply figures and cooling solutions now as it seems to be a bit late to redesign an APU for a retail product which should hit the market in a huge unit numbers in less than a year.
Which means that it's highly possible that they both have same number of units in their GPUs but MS may be willing to go with a hotter, louder, more expensive to cool product to claim the performance crown.
Another possibility to consider is that Lockhart is in fact a salvage part product which would allow them to use APUs with a higher number of yielded CUs in Anaconda and dump the rest of them into Lockhart - recouping some costs of producing the higher specced chips for Anaconda.
The first option is likely open for Sony too right now if they are willing to go with a more expensive PS5 than planned originally.
My only concern here is that they both may end up with hot, loud and fragile consoles trying to one up each other in the Tflops game which doesn't really translate into many benefits for the players - unless we're talking about upgrading the spec from 10 straight up to 20 - which won't happen of course.
Agreed. If MS wants the power crown, let them have it. I would think folks at Sony are smart enough to realize this. I hope they are.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I hate Lockhart already.

12 total GB of RAM means less than 10 will be available for games. The 12 useable GBs for Anaconda already seems low. This is why I hate the idea of a cheaper, weaker console. It lowers the overall baseline.

lower res textures because lower resolution. Lower res screen buffers.
Less ram than anaconda would be fine

anaconda = switch docked
Lockhart = switch portable

same games, lower resolution for the lower power option

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018

I agree graphics are not the thing I'm to bothered about, but Aside from loading times and 60fps I also hope game systems, A.i, npc realism and World detail (more enterable buildings) are better next gen, following in RDR2's footsteps.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, Jason. I would much more appreciate a full-fledged article from you on the specs of Project Scarlett and/or PlayStation 5 once more details have been made available. While it can be amusing to discuss these Pastebin communications and whatnot, specs are almost always in an interative phase at this time (in respects to what SDKs have gone out of course) and should be treated as just that, as we have seen in many past generation shifts. I don't think now is the time to panic over any supposed power disparity between the two systems.

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
Thank you, Jason. I would much more appreciate a full-fledged article from you on the specs of Project Scarlett and/or PlayStation 5 once more details have been made available. While it can be amusing to discuss these Pastebin communications and whatnot, specs are almost always in an interative phase at this time (in respects to what SDKs have gone out of course) and should be treated as just that, as we have seen in many past generation shifts. I don't think now is the time to panic over any supposed power disparity between the two systems.

There is never a time to panic over the power disparity between to video game devices.

MrDeveus

Apr 26, 2019

I agree, i would want to see faster load times and 60fps+ all the time then i care about graphics at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.