• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I don't know if this conversation has come up yet but I think the PS5 controller will either be a portable or able to connect to any device like the Stadia controller. They have patents on it but of course not all their patents get used, I feel like that would be a great way to expand PSNow's capability.
I hope not. Sounds too bulky and unwieldy.

It's pushing into the xb1 strategy of making people buy something most won't want.

PSNow can just work on any phone no need to muddy the waters when they could just include a phone clip for the few who would want it.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i dont understand VFX Veteran's argument, the game that klee saw running was a 2021 game (knowing game dev cycles, its likely to be delayed too etc.), by then 2080 wont be as high end PC GPU as it is today anymore. its not that confusing.

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
i dont understand VFX Veteran's argument, the game that klee saw running was a 2021 game (knowing game dev cycles, its likely to be delayed too etc.), by then 2080 wont be as high end PC GPU as it is today anymore. its not that confusing.
I wouldn't bother, he thinks that if gpu is 90-100% utilize in game that means it's best graphic it can deliver ;d

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Best "looking" is subjective and has nothing to do with the hardware. That's a huge red flag on the logic of fans on these boards.

Take everything into context. If you say that game is gorgeous compared to other games, examine what it is that makes it look superior. It's not the hardware - period, so find out what it is. Presentation? Foliage? Texture work? Animation?

Ok, please, give us an example of a more impressive game than RDR2 -or Uncharted 4, or HZD-...that came out on PC during the previous generation of consoles...I am genuinely curious.

Also, work on your anger and frustration, brother, your hatred of all things Sony/PS is transparent and quite fascinating (you felt the need to take a shot at a first party game being more impressive when the person had previously mentioned the title they saw was actually multiplatform...If that is not a sign of an obsession spilling over, I don't know what is).

Take a deep breath and relax...

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Dude that argument card is old and tiring. It happens with every new generation release. From now on, just hope whatever you saw doesn't come out on the PC, because if it does, it will look better and play faster on the PC vs. the PS5. Next year, there will be a LOT of games that will be very popular and they will be multiplats. By default, the PC will look better and play better than the next-gen consoles throughout the entire generation. Only the handful of companies that still develop for Sony only will have to be the basis for (i.e. "this game is the best looking of all games") argument until that eventually goes away..

Doubt.

Red Tapir

May 10, 2019
That is exactly what I am asking for.
I literally put a list of which kind of games are likely candidates in my post...

Putting down a list of specific games is pointless, as my point still stands: there is a good business case to be made for patching PS4 games for PS5.
Patched games would be cheaper and more content-rich, face less competition from big releases and need less dev time (as they could be used as internal benchmarks for new hardware).

If I had to guess a few likely ones:
- W3: eventually as they are busy with CP2077, which leads me to
- CP2077: no way in hell this doesn't get updated
- FO4: rubbish, but must play
- MGSV: little update, though with our luck they'll patch Survive (I think MGSV is their internal benchmark)
- FFXV: sold really well
- DMCV: but it gets more in a Special Edition
- DS3
- Hitman 2: pretty self-explanatory
- MHW: also very obvious

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
I'm kinda hoping Hitman 2 will be part of Hitman 3. Brand new game with the previous two games as DLC as it works now. Or they could be really nice and throw it all in one big package.

Metalane

Jun 30, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
I did not think that "next gen games will look better than current gen games pushed to their limit on PC right now" would be such a triggering statement lol.

Can't wait to see all those glorious graphics next year. 😍
I know, it's absurd! In their defense I have my source to reassure me of the stuff we're getting next-gen. So mayne they just don't know any better.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Dude that argument card is old and tiring. It happens with every new generation release. From now on, just hope whatever you saw doesn't come out on the PC, because if it does, it will look better and play faster on the PC vs. the PS5. Next year, there will be a LOT of games that will be very popular and they will be multiplats. By default, the PC will look better and play better than the next-gen consoles throughout the entire generation. Only the handful of companies that still develop for Sony only will have to be the basis for (i.e. "this game is the best looking of all games") argument until that eventually goes away..
oh my....

Deep Friar

Mar 17, 2018
I know, it's absurd! In their defense I have my source to reassure me of the stuff we're getting next-gen. So mayne they just don't know any better.
No, in their case it's simple stupidity. We have this argument every generation, and they're consistently proven wrong. Even speaking as a PC player, there's plenty of evidence: PC's don't set the baseline for development, consoles do. If people continue to ignore the evidence after years and years, they don't get the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough

Astonishing.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I did not think that "next gen games will look better than current gen games pushed to their limit on PC right now" would be such a triggering statement lol.

Can't wait to see all those glorious graphics next year. 😍

Yep thought that would be common sense.
I mean PC will still run it better any way it's just that the baseline has move much higher up than this gen in everything .

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, boy, things are getting hot in here. That's fine, though, at least that won't be a concern in the PS5 because of its excessive fans

VFX_Veteran

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

You miss the point. The next-gen hardware is finalized. It's not more powerful than what's out now on the high end PC, therefore it can't do extraoridinary things that a 2080 can't do.
Ok, please, give us an example of a more impressive game than RDR2 -or Uncharted 4, or HZD-...that came out on PC during the previous generation of consoles...I am genuinely curious.

Also, work on your anger and frustration, brother, your hatred of all things Sony/PS is transparent and quite fascinating (you felt the need to take a shot at a first party game being more impressive when the person had previously mentioned the title they saw was actually multiplatform...If that is not a sign of an obsession spilling over, I don't know what is).

Take a deep breath and relax...

Didn't one of the Mods say that steering the conversation into personal space was a bannable offense? I'm not frustrated or angry. I'm just tired of the same old claims, same old next-gen fans believing what they want to believe and seeing what they only want to see.

If you want to see what I'm tired of wait till the first PS5 demo that gets talked about on these boards. I'm 100% sure I'm going to get the reception we got when we saw the first Uncharted 4 reveal. LOL!

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
You miss the point. The next-gen hardware is finalized. It's not more powerful than what's out now on the high end PC, therefore it can't do extraoridinary things that a 2080 can't do.

You really don't have a point .
The first set of next gen games blew anyway anything that was on PC during the ps3\360 era.
It will be the same next gen and then PC gamers will have them look even better .
It don't matter than 2080ti is out no devs build a game around all the power it has be it for effects , character models , textures etc etc etc .

Last edited:

Kleegamefan

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 16, 2017
LOL. So you saw a game that will be releasing on the PC too but still argue that the PS5's hardware somehow will outshine the 2080? I am confused then. Why would you bring up a game that's going to release on the PC but act like it's superior looking to any current RTX-enabled game? That doesn't paint any picture that the PS5 is more capable than the RTX PC. What is your agenda?

I literally never, ever said PS5 was more powerful than nVidia 2080 and you know that.

Don't try to bait me.

Your condescending, abrasive style is why people tend not engage in any meaningful conversation with you.

You are obviously intelligent and well experienced and versed in what you do. But what attracts me and others like me to this thread in this forum is it encourages SMART and COURTEOUS discussion of Next-gen videogame hardware. Too much of one and not enough of the other usually results in the circular conversation we are having now. As should be obvious, but I will state it again and extend you the courtesy you don't offer me....

1-Current games running on RTX hardware are just that, current games.

2-Next-gen games (not to be confused with cross-gen games) are different from current generation games and are built to different specifications.

3-The game I saw was not designed to work on current spec hardware like a PS4 for instance.

4-I gave impressions of that Next-gen game running on PS5 which, to my eyes, look superior to current generation games in certain ways, which I have outlined as well as I can on several occasions.

New generation software exceeding previous generation software is definitely a thing and will continue to be a thing. The original reference I made to RTX is I saw Modern Warfare running on RTX and the RT shadow effects in that game looks similar to the PS5 demo I saw, but the PS5 game also had additional effects and scale of effects that seems even better.

I also said that (and this seems to be the crux of the hand-wringing/pearl-clutching) if you didn't know it was running on PS5 hardware, you would guess it was running on a 2080.

That's it.

Anything beyond that is a different discussion for a different person at a different time.

Last edited:

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
LOL. So you saw a game that will be releasing on the PC too but still argue that the PS5's hardware somehow will outshine the 2080? I am confused then. Why would you bring up a game that's going to release on the PC but act like it's superior looking to any current RTX-enabled game? That doesn't paint any picture that the PS5 is more capable than the RTX PC. What is your agenda?

Jeeeeesus christ dude

Just look at Dark souls 2 on PC ultra, and then look at Dark souls 3 on consoles, DS3 on consoles destroys DS2 on PC even with ultra settings. Ofcourse DS3 will look better on PC but thats beside the point.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Didn't one of the Mods say that steering the conversation into personal space was a bannable offense? I'm not frustrated or angry. I'm just tired of the same old claims, same old next-gen fans believing what they want to believe and seeing what they only want to see.

If you want to see what I'm tired of wait till the first PS5 demo that gets talked about on these boards. I'm 100% sure I'm going to get the reception we got when we saw the first Uncharted 4 reveal. LOL!

Learn how to communicate rationally. You're arguing against ghosts.

Chamon

Feb 26, 2019

Are you ok? Lol 😂

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
just wow

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
So what kind of improvements are you expecting for unpatched bc games on next gen systems?

With the mid gen refresh, Sony didn't do much, other than boost mode. Which gave us smoother frame rates.

MS on the other hand went a little crazy with it. Providing , faster loading times.
Smoother frame rates, Vsync, and improved textures filtering(AF 16x) for every unpatched game.

I have big expectations for MS. Not even sure what to expect from Sony at this point. That scares me because I didn't get a one until the X. Which means, that I purchased the majority of my multiplatform games on ps4. :0

Kleegamefan

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 16, 2017
Well......

If you guys think it's bad now....

What if Google delivers on the promise that they can harness cloud computing in ways no console or even high end PCs can?

What if it's not bullshit they have developed tech that can link and combine the performance of 2,4,6,10 or more Stadia instances.

What happens if the day comes when the PC is no longer the Master Race in term of compute performance?

What would the reaction be?

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well......

What if Google delivers on the promise that they can harness cloud computing in ways no console or even high end PC can?

What if it's not bullshit they have developed tech that can link and combine the performance of 2,4,6,10 or more Stadia instances.

What happens if the day comes when the PC is no longer the Master Race in term of compute performance?
Can't wait, I've had enough of the pc master race gang, plus it will save me money so win win

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Well......

What if Google delivers on the promise that they can harness cloud computing in ways no console or even high end PC can?

I mean that day will come and everything going to be streaming but we IMO a long way off before we see games build game around that sort of stuff .
On the bright side that going happen compare to companies building games around people that have more than one GPU in there PC lol
Unless they find a way for people with more than 1 GPU to take advantage of stuff like that on local hardware .

Metalane

Jun 30, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
I literally never, ever said PS5 was more powerful than nVidia 2080 and you know that.

Don't try to bait me.

Your condescending, abrasive style is why people tend not engage in any meaningful conversation with you.

You are obviously intelligent and well experienced and versed in what you do. But what attracts me and others like me to this thread in this forum is it encourages SMART and COURTEOUS discussion of Next-gen videogame hardware. Too much of one and not enough of the other usually results in the circular conversation we are having now. As should be obvious, but I will state it again and extend you the courtesy you don't offer me....

2-Next-gen games (not to be confused with cross-gen games) are different from current generation games and are built to different specifications.

3-The game I saw was not designed to work on current spec hardware like a PS4 for instance.

4-I gave impressions of that Next-gen game running on PS5 which, to my eyes, look superior to current generation games in certain ways, which I have outlined as well as I can on several occasions.

New generation software exceeding previous generation software is definitely a thing and will continue to be a thing. The original reference I made to RTX is I saw Modern Warfare running on RTX and the RT shadow effects in that game looks similar to the PS5 demo I saw, but the PS5 game also had additional effects and scale of effects that seems even better.

I also said that (and this seems to be the crux of the hand-wringing/pearl-clutching) if you didn't know it was running on PS5 hardware, you would guess it was running on a 2080.

That's it.

Anything beyond that is a different discussion for a different person at a different time.
Thanks again for all the info and insight you've given us! The game you've seen is probably just scratching the surface of hybrid-RT too. Next-gen will allow us to have all different sorts of combinations of techniques! Digital Foundry will have a hell of a time.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
Well......

What if Google delivers on the promise that they can harness cloud computing in ways no console or even high end PCs can?

I think the hard part isn't the tech, but the actual game(s). If they don't build their own first party studios I think they'll have trouble funding games that are developed exclusively for 2 or more stadia blades from the get go.

Jan 21, 2019
God, this vfx guy derailed this thread pretty well. It's so obvious that he is a PC masterrace apostle and will not budge on the relationship of consoles and PC. If someone doesn't understand the concept of current gen games on PC being just that and next gen being a completely different beast, what can you do?

There are a dozens of examples where last gen games on ultra look like a joke compared to their current gen sequels even on Xbox 1 (not even S). Yeah, these same games look better on PC but that doesn't mean that next gen games will not look completely different.

OnPorpoise

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Being annoyed by some of the crazy overhyping that goes on is kind of understandable.

Ultimately though, "you better hope whatever you saw doesn't come out on the PC" feels like it draws from the same exact well of stupidity as "secret sauce" and "dual GPU".

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts

Don't try to bait me.

That's it.

You are too good of a human being.

I think it's obvious he'snot to be reasoned with. Cause if he were looking at the obvious facts of all you have said and anything said to support it, he would have long since realized there is absolutely no reason for him to be making the kinda argument he is.

One will think its common sense, but as they say, common sense isn't common.

You can take the most powerful hardware in the PC space today, short of SC, everything (feel I need to add "the majority of") running on it is based on games designed for sub 2TF GPUs hardware. That is the floor of the industry as it stands right now.

Come the next-gen consoles, that floor gets drastically raised. At that point everything is based on games that are on 10TF+ machines along with SSDs and great CPUs. That 2080ti rig today that can run console games at 100+fps, will be brought to its knees. And would be lucky if able to run the same console games of 4K,30fps at anything close to 60fps. Until the next iteration of GPUs comes along, and over the years, that performance delta will continue to increase.

This should be common sense.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017

Don't try to bait me.

That's it.

we appreciate you fam

STech

Sep 24, 2018
Kleegamefan the games that are being developed for Stadia, are being developed with the current consoles as base line or there are games being developed with next gen specs in mind?

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Well......

i think you know something around the corner but believe the masses aren't ready for it. like a reason why sony nor Ms can claim the fastest/most powerful is because of stadia. that would be a twist!

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Indeed.Plus 32 gigs of RAM and minimum 8C/16T CPU.
8c/16t is a reality for pc

All the other things you guys dreaming here is embarrassing...it looks more like a bunch of fanboys jealous about pc.

Ps5 and scarlet with 2080/2080 ti Power... Lol will be hilarious when the reveal happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.