• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How much money are you willing to pay for a next generation console?

• Up to $199

Votes: 33 1.5%
  • Up to $299

Votes: 48 2.2%
  • Up to $399

Votes: 318 14.4%
  • Up to $499

Votes: 1,060 48.0%
  • Up to $599

Votes: 449 20.3%
  • Up to $699

Votes: 100 4.5%
  • I will pay anything!

Votes: 202 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
16GB of GDDR6 RAM is fine if its paired with 4- 8GB of LPDDR4 RAM. The OS can sit in the LPDDR4 RAM and only need like 500MB - 1GB of the GDDR6 RAM. This is already being done in the PS4/PS4pro, albeit partially. 15GB of available GDDR6 RAM for games also represents 3x more RAM than is currently the baseline in current-gen consoles... and thats plenty.

16GB of GDDR6 and 4-8GB of LPDDR4 is fine by me, like I said I expect the next gen consoles to have 20-24GB RAM (with 16-20GB available for games as you say).

There are some suggesting it will be 16GB GDDR6 total, which is not enough to carry a console launching next year for another 6-7 years.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so, but we have seen in the past few generation we only received a slight gfx updates. I'm sick of it, they really need to deliver this time.
"Past few generations"?! Yeah, PS2 to PS360 was such a slight graphical update, totally... same for this gen, Gears 5 TOTALLY look only slightly better than Gears 2!

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
I hope so, but we have seen in the past few generation we only received a slight gfx updates. I'm sick of it, they really need to deliver this time.
-1278395328.jpg

GoW%20III%2010.jpg

hq720.jpg

WTH are you talking about?!

Peterc

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
than it will be diffecult to compare, what is the best looking game at ps4?
I didn't bring up gods of war

I want this graphics on next gen, nobody wants to pay for a next gen that is already behind what PC can delivers already now.
www.youtube.com

UE4 - Storm test

Unreal Engine 4.23 - Speedtree - Substance Designer(Sorry, no audio)UE4 Plugins :- VICODynamics by VICO Game Studio LLC- Custom Lens Flare VFX by Artyom Cher...

Md Ray

Oct 29, 2017
Chennai, India

I want this graphics on next gen, nobody wants to pay for a next gen that is already behind what PC can delivers already now.
www.youtube.com

UE4 - Storm test

Unreal Engine 4.23 - Speedtree - Substance Designer(Sorry, no audio)UE4 Plugins :- VICODynamics by VICO Game Studio LLC- Custom Lens Flare VFX by Artyom Cher...
Best looking PS4 game is either The Last of Us part 2 or Detroit: Become Human

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017

www.youtube.com

UE4 - Storm test

How? God of War series considered as one of the best looking games in each generation it get released on, and it was in the last 3 gen so...

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

www.youtube.com

UE4 - Storm test

That looks great but there nothing super impressive that can't be done on next gen .
Then again it also has to make sense in the game if devs wants to do something like that .

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019

www.youtube.com

UE4 - Storm test

Ah PC fanboy. It all makes sense.

Stop trolling with nonsense. Using remasters to say there is no improvement in graphics between gens. Using tech demos to say "PC gAmees LUK like Dis".

Peterc

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ah PC fanboy. It all makes sense.

Stop trolling with nonsense. Using remasters to say there is no improvement in graphics between gens. Using tech demos to say "PC gAmees LUK like Dis".

I don't own a high end pc, Not sure you are accusing me? I don't prefer a system, I just wants the best and fees like i'm not getting it anymore.
Most of the gamers are discussion about xbox and ps4 slightly differences, I don't care about those small differents, I want to have the best that will make me happy for the next 7 years. I prefer console before PC, I don't like sitting behind my pc. So Stop trolling. And again i didn't bring up the god of war comparison again.

Just for example compare tombraider 1 on ps1 and tombraider 2 on ps2

PS1 https://i.ytimg.com/vi/mlKaRuIRsZo/hqdefault.jpg
PS2 http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/p2/t/o/tomb-raider-underworld-playstation-2-ps2-011.jpg

I don't see that hugh of differents anymore while there is still room to bring more. The gaps getting smaller and smaller for each gen and thats a dissapointment.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017

www.youtube.com

UE4 - Storm test

If you expect/demand performance of a £2000+/high-end PC in next-gen consoles then you're going to be shit out of luck. The last time that was remotely the case was with PS2 at launch. It just doesn't work like that anymore I'm afraid.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
How much is it gonna take to build a PC similar to next gen consoles? +$1k?

I'd honestly hope so. When you consider that PC parts are made in small numbers and generally sold at the standard high industry margins while the tech in a console is manufactured in enormous bulk and bought at low margins, then throw in a hopefully decent loss enabled by digital revenue and the advantages of a closed-box system, it's a reasonable expectation.

That will be my one and only reply.

Hopefully the others follow your lead.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017

www.youtube.com

UE4 - Storm test

4D CHESS

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
I don't even bother with people like that anymore in general talking about how there's no next-gen leap and all that nonsense.

They usually always either have an agenda or are just ignorant. Either way, there is no point feeding the trolls.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
That's cool. Loads of "unlimited" data plans in Ireland but when you read the fine print there's 100gb soft limit. They'll throttle if you go over.

5g launching here on one of the bigger networks next week. Things might change.
To further elaborate: While those plans ARE available and are indeed truly unlimited (or so it seems at least, no caps mentioned anywhere on the fine print) they're ridiculously expensive. Your average priced plan has 5GB to 10GB of data available.

Though, if you can pay for them, you can even have 1Gbps speeds on your phone, which is kinda nuts tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.