• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How much money are you willing to pay for a next generation console?

• Up to $199

Votes: 33 1.5%
  • Up to $299

Votes: 48 2.2%
  • Up to $399

Votes: 318 14.4%
  • Up to $499

Votes: 1,060 48.0%
  • Up to $599

Votes: 449 20.3%
  • Up to $699

Votes: 100 4.5%
  • I will pay anything!

Votes: 202 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Motorstorm 4K60 with a proper HDR treatment would be bananas and a fantastic launch title.

edit: and it sounds like a perfect demo for those new controller features 🤔

As long as the graphics were technically every bit as good as, if not better than the Motorstorm E3 2005 CG used to hype the PS3. Not just the feeling or look of it, but keeping or exceeding all the most complex aspects of the short CG trailer.
And not some 4K 60fps remaster of the PS3 game.

Then yes, that would be a perfect showcase for PS5, even though I would much prefer a new mainline Ridge Racer or Rave Race, Remake,?Reboot/Reimaging. It would need to showcase mind blowing graphics in the tracks and car models, so you could mistake it for prerendered CG at first glance.

Any RR Remake would probably also need to go back to the less over-the-top, more "driving sim" feel of the original 1993 Namco System22-powered arcade game.

Just a thought on what could be made for a launch game that doesn't take 4-5 years of development, but maybe 2.5 years.

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I realy hope it's not Demon's Souls remake tbh. Thus won't add anything to the PS5 at all. I know some want to play it again but this is not a good example to promote your new console. First the hardware is more than capable ti run the original game in Native 4k by emulation like seen from emulators. The game is just a spritual precursour to all thise similar soul games. The PS5 can play dark soul games, Bloodborne, Ni-Oh games, Shadow Die Twice and this won't be something very impactful to have because the genre has many similar games even GOW has combat close to it. The genre is getting tiring at some point (there is a thread about it).
The game and its similar games were never technical and graphical showcases to start with and even remaking them on PS5 won't fo any justice to them especially that Demon Souls has the gloomiest art style that is hard tobappreciate even in top notch graphics.
Another problem would be that if this game is under Sony's server supervision then the online features won't stay that long operating or not available at all since it's a remake.
Tbh, I don't think this the Bluepoint remake and Tidux has been wrong many times.
Where are the 2 PS4 games, 2 PS Now games of choice and 2 movies of choice after PS Plus price increase?

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The demo I saw had the very best real time graphics I've ever seen. And what I mean by that is it looked like a real game you can play.

Not some super polished UE4 or Unity technical demo that you would see at gdc.

To me, there was no mistaking this for a current generation on PC or console.

To be clear, in terms of scope, lighting and environment dynamics, RDR2 or TLOU2 aren't even in the same time zone as this.

and yeah, it kinda was like a Shadowfall moment to me in that it seemed totally different from what I've been used to in the previous generation.

Now granted, Framerate was maybe 25 to 30-ish and it was early, early,early. But I actually said out loud WTF when I first saw it.

Hugely impressive.
This shit is so hype.

STech

Sep 24, 2018
We need a new motorstorm for the PS5 launch.

I can't remember being more excited than when I started my PS3 (60Gb) with an online race.
It was so thrilling that I had to stop after two races.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Last edited:

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Motorstorm wouldve been amazing but Sony killed Evolution Studios because they only sold 2 million copies of DriveClub. There is a whole defense force on era for that so called business move by Sony. So i will stop here.

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
It would look like this

What most racers have missed in recent years, certainly the ones ive played, is that the camera shake is non existent...These vehicles are violent beasts...That MS trailer is absolutely what id be expecting of such a thing. Playing GT:Sport this aspect is sorely lacking. Looking at F1 2019 the same. Look at a real life on board cam...masses of movement.

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom

True when you think about it, every gaming event from now till Holiday 2020 that announces a new game will be a next gen game, low chance a newly announced game will release for current gen consoles.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Where do we think any real power differential is coming from between the two? I mean you'd think given they share the same technology supplier for the APU any differential will largely be a result of price point/how much of a loss each company is willing to suffer. I don't imagine there will be that much "secret sauce" simply because of the limitations of them both using AMD with a similar set of requirements. You're talking marginal efficiencies unless some is ponying out more for exotic cooling, HBM2 or more silicon.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Why would they ignore ~150m current instal base?
If you look at the statistics from PS3 to PS4. Next gen sku's largely outsold last gen sku's, and it was essentially the same situation. The people who drive first day sales, are the same people that drive launch console sales, who are the same people are well aware this time next year it's essentially a month from next gen release, who are the same people who are already aware of backwards compatibility, who are the same people who would delay buying a game a few months to get the definitive version with upgrades

Oct 27, 2017
I realy hope it's not Demon's Souls remake tbh. Thus won't add anything to the PS5 at all.
I agree and I hope BP's game and the rumored DS remake are separate.

I think a demon souls remake would be great and it's a highly influential game but commercially, would it qualify as "bigger" than SoTC? Maybe if you consider the Dark Souls series the spawned from it but if we're talking the stand alone game idk.

I still think BP's game will be a little older, PS1 or PS2 gen. MGS, Silent Hill or something similar but that's just me hoping.

outside dark horse candidate for BPs game: GTA 3, full remake.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Where do we think any real power differential is coming from between the two? I mean you'd think given they share the same technology supplier for the APU any differential will largely be a result of price point/how much of a loss each company is willing to suffer. I don't imagine there will be that much "secret sauce" simply because of the limitations of them both using AMD with a similar set of requirements. You're talking marginal efficiencies unless some is ponying out more for exotic cooling, HBM2 or more silicon.
RAM difference imo. Still banking on one of them using HBM.

Also we know nothing of the price.

Would be absolute megaton if the specs were nearly identical but one of them were 100$ cheaper again. Like MS flip the tables and do to Sony what Sony did to them in 2013 lol

Don't think the latter will happen mind you, just anything is possible at this point.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I agree and I hope BP's game and the rumored DS remake are separate.

I think a demon souls remake would be great and it's a highly influential game but commercially, would it qualify as "bigger" than SoTC? Maybe if you consider the Dark Souls series the spawned from it but if we're talking the stand alone game idk.

I still think BP's game will be a little older, PS1 or PS2 gen. MGS, Silent Hill or something similar but that's just me hoping.

outside dark horse candidate for BPs game: GTA 3, full remake.

Good point.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
From Software/Soul's games are hugely popular atm (Sekiro sold a record numer of copies), and they will be even more known after Elder Ring, sonñ having a remake of the game that started all the Soulsmania exclusive as a launch title will be a huge selling point for the PS5.

I myself have played all the Soul's and most of the Soulslike games except Sekiro and can't wait to experience the Remake

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I wonder if the game hinted by Keef could be Starfield or TES VI.
I mean it's 3P, great OW, some perfomance problems...and so far Bethesda is the only publisher that announced next gen exclusive games.
I know that good looking games is not something I should expect from Beth but it would be really cool if they really take their games to the next visual level with the upcoming gen.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's 3P, great OW, some perfomance problems...and so far Bethesda is the only publisher that announced next gen exclusive games.
I know that good looking games is not something I should expect from Beth but it would be really cool if they really take their games to the next visual level with the upcoming gen.
He said it's a new IP. Also the performance problems he mentioned actually bodes well. That's much higher than games typically run at this stage in development.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Majority of the announcements will be indie games anyway. I don't see next-gen AAA games being announced there this year

I disagree, the viewership of the game awards more than DOUBLED from 2017 to 2018, exact numbers 11.5M to 26.2M viewers.

I'm sure bigger companies would love to promote their games on the stage this time.

thebigmanjosh

Nov 5, 2017
California

I believe he said he's going to be in California this week and will get more info while he's here.

More likely along the lines of EA, Activision/Blizzard, or Warner Bros.

Sawzer

Nov 5, 2017
I disagree, the viewership of the game awards more than DOUBLED from 2017 to 2018, exact numbers 11.5M to 26.2M viewers.

I'm sure bigger companies would love to promote their games on the stage this time.
Surely already announced games will be marketed but i just don't see PS5&Scarlett projects revealed before actual presentations of next-gen consoles in the first half of 2020.

Dragon Age logo announcement last year seemed more like a desperate measure tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.