• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How much money are you willing to pay for a next generation console?

• Up to $199

Votes: 33 1.5%
  • Up to $299

Votes: 48 2.2%
  • Up to $399

Votes: 318 14.4%
  • Up to $499

Votes: 1,060 48.0%
  • Up to $599

Votes: 449 20.3%
  • Up to $699

Votes: 100 4.5%
  • I will pay anything!

Votes: 202 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
they are going up against Halo. They will need an AAA exclusive. they know this.

Horizon would have been in dev for 3 years and 8 months by the time PS5 releases in November. KZ SF had 2 years and 8 months of dev time. Yes, it sucked, but Horizon has the A team behind it and an extra year. 3 years and 8 months is plenty of time to make a sequel.

Both consoles will sell out at launch. the entire point of a launch lineup is to create hype in order to sustain the sales post launch after the hardcore have already bought their consoles. And having a strong launch lineup is critical to building hype. especially when you are about to charge $500 for a console.

Horizon 2 and GT7 are pretty much guaranteed to be launch titles. I think ND spinning off TLOU mp as a stand alone title makes me think it will be a GaaS game with PvE and PvP modes. Open world, coop, loot based shooter will be exactly what they need at launch.

I do agree that Sony is going to go deep into securing exclusives. wouldnt be surprised if GTA6 is a 6 months excluisve and if Rocksteady's next game is also some kind of exclusive. I totally think MS went out and acquired all those studios as a response to something. With sony losing the crossplay battle and shutting down so many studios, its possible they took a page out of Phil's book and moneyhatted some big timed exclusives. spec ops must have cost them a lot of money and its pretty much at the end of a gen they have already won. i hate moneyhatting regardless of who does it but i wouldnt be surprised if they do it next gen at launch.

Big exclusive or not they will sold all PS5 the first six months. I expect the first Housemarque AAA games during launch period maybe the mp GG games, probably Ratchet and Clank games maybe a Demon soul's remake,

Horizon 2 will launch in 2021. GT 7 I don't think so too.

GTA will never been exclusive.

Against crossplay, Sony will simply produce more mp games.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018
they are going up against Halo. They will need an AAA exclusive. they know this.

Horizon would have been in dev for 3 years and 8 months by the time PS5 releases in November. KZ SF had 2 years and 8 months of dev time. Yes, it sucked, but Horizon has the A team behind it and an extra year. 3 years and 8 months is plenty of time to make a sequel.

Both consoles will sell out at launch. the entire point of a launch lineup is to create hype in order to sustain the sales post launch after the hardcore have already bought their consoles. And having a strong launch lineup is critical to building hype. especially when you are about to charge $500 for a console.

Horizon 2 and GT7 are pretty much guaranteed to be launch titles. I think ND spinning off TLOU mp as a stand alone title makes me think it will be a GaaS game with PvE and PvP modes. Open world, coop, loot based shooter will be exactly what they need at launch.

I do agree that Sony is going to go deep into securing exclusives. wouldnt be surprised if GTA6 is a 6 months excluisve and if Rocksteady's next game is also some kind of exclusive. I totally think MS went out and acquired all those studios as a response to something. With sony losing the crossplay battle and shutting down so many studios, its possible they took a page out of Phil's book and moneyhatted some big timed exclusives. spec ops must have cost them a lot of money and its pretty much at the end of a gen they have already won. i hate moneyhatting regardless of who does it but i wouldnt be surprised if they do it next gen at launch.

Sony would need to compensate R* the amount they would make from 6 months of xbox GTA6 sales, they would want at least $250 million, Sony would be better off making like 3 exclusive games.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
New Gizmodo Story

New Story about PS5 leaker. Don't know why it is on Gizmodo and not Kotaku as they are sister sites?

Edit: How to insert websites with a preview?
The info seems legit but the only new info we're getting is that PS5 and Scarlett handle raytracing differently and that both devkits seem to come with a camera since streaming has gotten so big.

MS investing more into the camera makes me think they're going to push the fuck out of Mixer and streaming at launch and its giving me Kinect vibes all over again but who knows.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting:
In terms of graphics performance, our tipster offered fuzzy details about how each console would handle ray tracing differently, but frankly, the statements were too hard to parse, so we won't reprint them here.

Different implementations of ray tracing. My thoughts are perhaps one is using an implementation of RDNA 2 RT, and the other is either a modification of that or perhaps something else.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting:

Different implementations of ray tracing. My thoughts are perhaps one is using an implementation of RDNA 2 RT, and the other is either a modification of that or perhaps something else.
Its probably just going to come down to differences in Directx and PSGL's handling of RT but who knows maybe it is hardware

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
" According to our tipster, Microsoft will make the camera a huge priority "

uh oh...

05-21Mattrick_Web.jpg

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
I can't wait to see the reveal about launch titles. Jaws are gonna drop for both consoles lol.

Some of you really have no faith.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Sony does something revolutionary and makes the PS5 compatible with standard USB webcams, barring any potential security issues.

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Everyone gets a camera.....

Maybe Microsoft will offer Kinect 4.0 (currently known as Kinect Azure) for Scarlett. It's small, only requires USB power (unlike the power hungry Kinect 2.0) and is over twice as good in resolution and microphone quality as the older 2013 Kinect.

I'm personally down with that. I love my Kinect and it's games.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
I strongly doubt H2 makes 2020. Sony already has three major exclusives fr 2020. TLO2, FF7r, and GoT. GoT will probably launch alongside the console, will also probably be rebranded as a PS5 game being it's the one of all three that we have seen the least of.

Ideally, GT7 should have made an appearance with the launch lineup, by that time it would have been 3 years since the last GT release... but its GT... you stand a better chance expecting the sun to not ome up tomorrow than expecting thse guys to make a launch date.

On the contrary.... they don't need to do anything. No matter what MS has lined up or sony doesn't, bth will be limited by stock. That's the thing about those November launches.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
The more I think about software lineups for launch day on both consoles, the more excited I get about Scarlett. Even though it'll be cross-gen, having Halo Infinite there on day one with the "best" console experience will great.

On the Sony front, I'm really wondering what they'll have. Horizon 2 doesn't seem like it'll be ready for Fall 2020, and I can't think of another comparable AAA game. Maybe GoT as a cross-gen title? But I think we have rumors about that hitting in May right?

This isn't an attempt to downplay one console or the other, I'm just trying to prepare and decide which one I might start the gen with.
[/
Yeah, the ray-tracing comment was a super head-scratcher. I had a few games devs take a look at it too, but there were SO many interpretations of what the person means.

More clarity is always welcome!
Please let us know. There are detectives here that will boggle the mind!

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Playstation will include a camera in the box. This is probably an accessory and highly tuned for PS VR 2.0

Oct 27, 2017
Having the camera built into the physical PS5 may be weird but combined with the patented PlayStation Assist it could be good Imo. So long as it doesn't add too much cost.

the post does say xbox's Camera is higher quality so I would think Sony's is more likely to be included in a $400 box since it's likely cheaper too.

it may also help them with PSVR2 if the camera is already in each system.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Having the camera built into the physical PS5 may be weird but combined with the patented PlayStation Assist it could be good Imo. So long as it doesn't add too much cost.

the post does say xbox's Camera is higher quality so I would think Sony's is more likely to be included in a $400 box since it's likely cheaper too.

it may also help them with PSVR2 if the camera is already in each system.
I have a suspicion this is not going to happen and is for devkits only. Sony will most likely make the camera a separate purchase. The key is to make the box as cheap as possible

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Do you really believe anything in the Gizmodo rumor is legit?

I don't know why they would invent two fuzzy photos of a devkit. And this not the first hint of two differents implementation of raytracing for the two next-generation consoles.

EDIT: And I would want to know about the raytracing stuff because it can give a big hint of the implentation or even if it is a fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.