• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How much money are you willing to pay for a next generation console?

• Up to $199

Votes: 33 1.5%
  • Up to $299

Votes: 48 2.2%
  • Up to $399

Votes: 318 14.4%
  • Up to $499

Votes: 1,060 48.0%
  • Up to $599

Votes: 449 20.3%
  • Up to $699

Votes: 100 4.5%
  • I will pay anything!

Votes: 202 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
No,this sounds to me like Lockhart and Anaconda story: both with Zen2 CPU with difference in GPU power/bandwith and probably SSD size.

Zen 3 and RDNA2 will be ready by next year you know. Maybe even NVME 5.0 They can ready up a current PS5 in devkits to develop games for it to be ready by launch and crank up everything with next year's tech for PS5 Pro and may be release early 2021 few months after PS5.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Ok but I'm not a game developer, what bad effect it could have for user?
it will hold back what exclusives can do because they have a GPU limit of 8TF when the games can use over 10TF on the pro device in the example you suggested.

and you should definitely think of the developers when making a new generation console, the more consoles they need to work on, the more time it takes to make the game or the more stuff will be cut due to lack of time, or the developers will crunch to hell to make sure it runs well on so many systems (and nobody wants developers to crunch even more than they do now)

No,this sounds to me like Lockhart and Anaconda story: both with Zen2 CPU with difference in GPU power/bandwith and probably SSD size.
i dont think there is any reason to trust this rumor right now, we have heard developers like the PS5 (i dont think they will like working on 2 new playstation systems at the same time) and going by the way sony talks about their next generation plans i havent seen anything to indicate a 2 sku plan (compared to MS saying consoles in their previous E3 for example), also apparently this writer isnt very reliable.

Zen 3 and RDNA2 will be ready by next year you know. Maybe even NVME 5.0 They can ready up a current PS5 in devkits to develop games for it to be ready by launch and crank up everything with next year's tech for PS5 Pro and may be release early 2021 few months after PS5.
yea, this aint happening.

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
i've seen this earlier today, but according to responses translated from japanese, seems like this journalist isnt very reliable.

but yea apparently this journalist claims that the rumor going on in CEDEC is that there will be 2 PS5 SKUs at launch, which i highly doubt going by other current rumors and the way sony have been talking about their next generation console.

my personal opinion:
Please dont, i hated the idea of a lockhart and i hate this too.

It seems to me that Sony definitely wants to launch one $399 PS5 model and that might require lots of compromises considering it will have SSD.That would be more or less some sort of beefier Lockhart.

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
it will hold back what exclusives can do because they have a GPU limit of 8TF when the games can use over 10TF on the pro device in the example you suggested.

and you should definitely think of the developers when making a new generation console, the more consoles they need to work on, the more time it takes to make the game or the more stuff will be cut due to lack of time, or the developers will crunch to hell to make sure it runs well on so many systems (and nobody wants developers to crunch even more than they do now)

i dont think there is any reason to trust this rumor right now, we have heard developers like the PS5 (i dont think they will like working on 2 new playstation systems at the same time) and going by the way sony talks about their next generation plans i havent seen anything to indicate a 2 sku plan (compared to MS saying consoles in their previous E3 for example), also apparently this writer isnt very reliable.

When the difference would be as small as 8 to 10-12 the amount of work is really small probably, only some resolutions tweak

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

Regardless it will obsolete anyway becasue we won't see its full potential anyway just like PS4 Pro and XB O X (whcih were only used to bump resolutions or FPS or little graphicla features) since not a single game will be developed from ground up for it, unless midgen Sony drops the base PS5 for the PS5 Pro and releases a PS5 Super Pro by then. This would be troublesome.

Last edited:

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Regardless it will obsolete anyway becasue we won't see its full potential anyway just like PS4 Pro and XB O X (whcih were only used to bump resolutions or FPS or little graphicla features) since not a single game will be developed from ground up for it, unless midgen Sony drops the base PS5 for the PS5 Pro and releases a PS5 Suêr Pro by then. This would be troublesome.

If they do this is a very bad decision but the journalist launching the rumor is not very credible. Wait what the guy from Wall Street journal will say.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
regardless, sony learned their lesson about multiple SKU launches with the PS3, and that was only increased storage sku, but the perceived price of the PS3 stuck to the big storage sku, think what would happen if they go all out and have 2 separate SKUs with one at >500 dollars, i am calling big bullshit on the 2 sku rumor.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
If they do this is a very bad decision but the journalist launching the rumor is not very credible. Wait what the guy from Wall Street journal will say.

Well th old pastebin stuff exists too so I think this levels up the stuff a a little more. We will see how this turns out.
And I agree this is a completely messed up situation.
I'd rather have just one 500 buck strong console for the whole next-gen rather than one 400 buck potato one holding back the whole next-gen and a 550 buck console just improving resolution or fps of a lowly developed game for a 400 console that could have looked much better if the it was developed on a 500 buck console from scratch. You see what I mean?

Or at least have the pwoerful 500 PS5 and have anotehr 600 even 700 buck console for enthusiasts only.

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds terrible to me...

I was hoping we are out of the "low power" and "high power" SKU business and were going to have a really solid base level for next gen...

EDIT:
I'd rather have just one 500 buck strong console for the whole next-gen rather than one 400 buck potato one holding back the whole next-gen and a 550 buck console just improving resolution or fps of a lowly developed game for a 400 console that could have looked much better if the it was developed on a 500 buck console from scratch. You see what I mean?

Or at least have the pwoerful 500 PS5 and have anotehr 600 even 700 buck console for enthusiasts only.

These are my thoughts exactly. I wanted a really solid high floor for next-gen so developers could focus on doing their best work without having to worry about being limited in hw. The only way I would be ok with this is if the floor is still high and the second SKU is just a higher ceiling.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
I'd rather have just one 500 buck strong console for the whole next-gen rather than one 400 buck potato one holding back the whole next-gen and a 550 buck console just improving resolution or fps of a lowly developed game for a 400 console that could have looked much better if the it was developed on a 500 buck console from scratch. Yous ee what I mean?
As far as I know the lowest prediction from any rumours about ps5 was 8tf navi, it's not potato at all an would not hold back anything ;)

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Well th old pastebin stuff exists too so I think this levels up the stuff a a little more. We will see how this turns out.
And I agree this is a completely messed up situation.
I'd rather have just one 500 buck strong console for the whole next-gen rather than one 400 buck potato one holding back the whole next-gen and a 550 buck console just improving resolution or fps of a lowly developed game for a 400 console that could have looked much better if the it was developed on a 500 buck console from scratch. Yous ee what I mean?

Pastebin are you serious? All this 4chan and pastebin things are only some bullshit... The pastebin looks like it take the information of PS4 Slim (110 mm2) from Reddit HBM + DDR4 and mix it with a two skis idea and knowing price strategy of Sony... When there is price this is bullshit...

Last edited:

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
That sounds terrible to me...

I was hoping we are out of the "low power" and "high power" SKU business and were going to have a really solid base level for next gen...
for now there isnt much pointing to this rumor being correct, so i wouldnt worry.

just to be clear, everyone, no need to meltdown over every rumor! they are 99% of the time fake.

Pastebin are you serious? All this 4chan and pastebin things are only some bullshit... The pastebin looks like it take the information of PS4 Slim (110 mm2) from Reddit HBM + DDR4 and mix it with a two skis idea and knowing pric strategy of Sony... When there is price this is bullshit...
this thread believes everything too easily, i could make a paste bin right now saying 2 SKUs and everyone will think its true because this rumor said so too.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Pastebin are you serious? All this 4chan and pastebin things are only some bullshit... The pastebin looks like it take the information of PS4 Slim (110 mm2) from Reddit HBM + DDR4 and mix it with a two skis idea and knowing pric strategy of Sony... When there is price this is bullshit...

Anyway, regardless if the train of leak or rumor started, it won't be stopped even if it has a great percentage of beaing fake. This will turmoil and haunt us for a long period.

for now there isnt much pointing to this rumor being correct, so i wouldnt worry.

just to be clear, everyone, no need to meltdown over every rumor! they are 99% of the time fake.

this thread believes everything too easily, i could make a paste bin right now saying 2 SKUs and everyone will think its true because this rumor said so too.

AFter all, the lockheart sku thing staretd as a rumor leak from reddit and other sites and it was nearly confirmed later by insiders until it got scrapped. Things escalate quickly anyway.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless it will obsolete anyway becasue we won't see its full potential anyway just like PS4 Pro and XB O X (whcih were only used to bump resolutions or FPS or little graphicla features) since not a single game will be developed from ground up for it, unless midgen Sony drops the base PS5 for the PS5 Pro and releases a PS5 Super Pro by then. This would be troublesome.

Why do you think Xbox One X and PS4 Pro were only used to bring a bump in resolution ? It's not about a baseline.
It's because they couldn't even run those games at a higher fidelity to begin with.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Why do you think Xbox One X and PS4 Pro were only used to bring a bump in resolution ? It's not about a baseline.
It's because they couldn't even run those games at a higher fidelity to begin with.

What I mean is that if games were developed with those games in mind as base then we would have seen really different games with bigger scopes and even different concepts that no way could run on base consoles. It's a mechnical logic. Pac-Man could run like hell on stronger hardware if that hardware wasn't the focus from the start and just dealt with as a gimmick extra sidekick.

Last edited:

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
What I mean is that if games were devloped with those games in mind as base then we would have seen really different games with bigger scopes and even different concepts that no way could run on base consoles. It's a mechnical logic. Pac-Man could run like hell on stronger hardware if that hardware wasn't the focus from the start and just dealt with as a gimmick extra sidekick.

It's not a mechanical logic. Or they would aim for a lower resolution. People are acting like Pro models are underutilized. But they're not.
If Red Dead Redemption 2 was made with PS4 Pro as a baseline it'd look the same. Unless they aimed for 1080p and not a higher resolution like they do.

You want a good exemple of that ? The Last of Us and Uncharted 4. The Last of Us runs at 60fps on PS4. 1800p and 60fps on Pro. Uncharted 4 though ? 30fps. 1440p and 30fps on Pro. To reach a higher graphical fidelity, compromise on framerates and resolution were made.
But those games on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X even with a weaker baseline are already pushing those hardware. If you had to make more complexe games with those hardware as a baseline, you'd have more complexe games... But running at a lower resolution and framerate.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So the last rumor
Ps5
Ps5 pro
Psvr2
Psvr2 pro
Lol what else ? How many skus Sony wants to launch ?

Doesn't make sense .

$499 ps5 for everyone .

For you and you and you (Oprah style ) haha

Oct 27, 2017
I think GhostTrick & Plastica-Man are kind of making the same point and don't see it?

eg designing games intending them to run at 1080 on base consoles vs designing games 1080 solely intended for Pro/1X.

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
It's not a mechanical logic. Or they would aim for a lower resolution. People are acting like Pro models are underutilized. But they're not.
If Red Dead Redemption 2 was made with PS4 Pro as a baseline it'd look the same. Unless they aimed for 1080p and not a higher resolution like they do.

You want a good exemple of that ? The Last of Us and Uncharted 4. The Last of Us runs at 60fps on PS4. 1800p and 60fps on Pro. Uncharted 4 though ? 30fps. 1440p and 30fps on Pro. To reach a higher graphical fidelity, compromise on framerates and resolution were made.
But those games on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X even with a weaker baseline are already pushing those hardware. If you had to make more complexe games with those hardware as a baseline, you'd have more complexe games... But running at a lower resolution and framerate.

You are still not getting do you? Many won't because they don't have live examples of games being made with midgen consoels not possible on cbase ones.

Let me explain in this from the cooking world. Let's take for example some basic low level ingredients (in this acse game with a concept and scope limited to base PS4 hardware). At last minute I provide you wiith better seasoning, better spices and better cooking tools better oven etc.. (in this case PS4 Pro as a back up plan) and I ask you to improve on what you have, you will cook the same dish but with better flavour and taste and in the right level of cooking thansk to the extra stuff I gave you but it will be always the same dish since you are stuck with the same low scale ingredients.
In anotehr scenario I provide with high quality noble ingredients (in this case let you conceive a game from scratch on PS4 Pro) then leave you the choice to use any spice you want, you will cook a high quality dish from start since you already have the adequate ingredients.

This is the same with going from current gen to next-gen. The problem is that on next-gen, devs are allowed to fashion a game tailored for the next-gen hadrware but not allowed to do so with mid-gen consoles eventhough both mid-gen consoles are respectively 2.3x and 4.6 more pwoerful than their base counterparts which is nothing to underestimate.
Still if you don't get any picture yet, becasue no game is only developed with mid-gen hadrware only in mind and something that base console can't run, then i give you a real example that is no way possible to run on base consoles which is The Book Of Th Dead demo that many even said at that time would be even so much for a late next-gen title, yet devs could run it on PS4 Pro. Now try to run this demo on PS4, if you don't mind?

Of course could develop a whole game running with those graphics on PS4 Pro only (or XB O X only) but due to console manufacturers' policies they aren't allowed to to neglect base console and only develop for mid-gen. I agree that to develop a higher fidelity graphic game needs to have lower resolution on those midgen consoles but running in 1080p or little higher (doesn't need to be Native 4K to be perfetc for this gen) but still a higher fidelity graphic game or a game with bigger scope or with much more richer vision is still better.
That is why, the only loophole and escape they have is to do what they weren't allowed to do for midgen by developing on next-gen since they are allowed to do so.

I think GhostTrick & Plastics-Man are kind of making the same point and don't see it?

eg designing games intending them to run at 1080 on base consoles vs designing games 1080 solely intended for Pro/1X.

haha we are arguing for nothing then. :p

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
You are still not getting do you? Many won't because they don't have live examples of games being made with midgen consoels not possible on cbase ones.

Let me explain in this from the cooking world. Let's take for example some basic low level ingredients (in this acse game with a concept and scope limited to base PS4 hardware). At last minute I provide you wiith better seasoning, better spices and better cooking tools better oven etc.. (in this case PS4 Pro as a back up plan) and I ask you to improve on what you have, you will cook the same dish but with better flavour and taste and in the right level of cooking thansk to the extra stuff I gave you but it will be always the same dish since you are stuck with the same low scale ingredients.
In anotehr scenario I provide with high quality noble ingredients (in this case let you conceive a game from scratch on PS4 Pro) then leave you the choice to use any spice you want, you will cook a high quality dish from start since you already have the adequate ingredients.

This is the same with going from current gen to next-gen. The problem is that on next-gen, devs are allowed to fashion a game tailored for the next-gen hadrware but not allowed to do so with mid-gen consoles eventhough both mid-gen consoles are respectively 2.3x and 4.6 more pwoerful than their base counterparts which is nothing to underestimate.
Still if you don't get any picture yet, becasue no game is only developed with mid-gen hadrware only in mind and something that base console can't run, then i give you a real example that is no way possible to run on base consoles which is The Book Of Th Dead demo that many even said at that time would be even so much for a late next-gen title, yet devs could run it on PS4 Pro. Now try to run this demo on PS4, if you don't mind?

Of course could develop a whole game running with those graphics on PS4 Pro only (or XB O X only) but due to console manufacturers' policies they aren't allwoed to to neglect base consoel and only develop for mid-gen. The only loophole and escape they have is to do what they weren't allowed to do for midgen by developing on next-gen sicne they are allowed to do so.
Ok but xox has 4.6x more teraflops than x one and what difference could be ps5 vs ps5 pro if basic ps5 is 8tf ? 1.2-1.5x ?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Ok but xox has 4.6x more teraflops than x one and what difference could be ps5 vs ps5 pro if basic ps5 is 8tf ? 1.2-1.5x ?

I really don't know. If the PS5 Pro/PS5+ uses RDNA2, Zen 3 and NVMe 5.0 (which will be ready for next year so they have time to adopt it for an early 2021 release), then the jump could be big something around 2x or 2.5. If PS5 Pro gonna use same architecture as PS5 with boosted clocks or more CUs or Brandwidth or sth else, then yeah the jump won't be crucial.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
They totally do - DX11 on Xbox and GNM are kinda this.

Incorrect. DX on Xbox is closer to a PC DX API but still exposes more than on the PC nor does the API have to concern itself with the near infinite variation of PC desktop PC components that a user might have. So it still isn't technically as high level of abstraction as DX12 on PC.

GNM is a low level API through and through. You're prob thinking about GNMX which Sony developed for PC indie devs coming from a PC dev environment to make the porting easier. Almost no AAA PS4 game uses GNMX.

They are going to develop games for ps4 and ps5, how is that any different that ps5 and ps5 pro?

This is not the same argument you were making previously. You've moved the goal posts. My response was addressing your point that developing for a PS5 + PS5Pro is just like on PC, I.e. trivial as it's entirely handled by the API. It isn't.

A PS5 pro or lockheart will only increase the number of discrete target platforms devs need to develop, author content for and test on. The more platforms just unnecessarily increase development time, thus cost, regardless of how close in hardware the platforms are.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
This is not the same argument you were making previously. You've moved the goal posts. My response was addressing your point that developing for a PS5 + PS5Pro is just like on PC, I.e. trivial as it's entirely handled by the API. It isn't.

A PS5 pro or lockheart will only increase the number of discrete target platforms devs need to develop, author content for and test on. The more platforms just unnecessarily increase development time, thus cost, regardless of how close in hardware the platforms are.

Exactly devs on PC provide you with different levels of graphical options to choose from and differernt resolutions and they don't ensure that the game works flawlessly on every PC platform or your own settings and again a user can choose settings his PC can't run well. In PC ecosystem, the betetr your hardware, the better you get performance and graphics normally and automatically.
On consoles, devs have to ensure personally that the game works fine on every platform. Adding otehr skus will request extra work for them to make the same game work flawlessly on that otehr sku unlike on PC where you tweak the settings down if your PC can't run well or crank them up if you get a new rig.

So is not a question of difficulty but a question of work/more time to develop. If that is the reasob, i understand the developers concern.

Yeh hmore time and more human resources cut from the main team to work on extra platforms.

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Devs already has to work with different sku's (ps4, ps4 pro, x one, x one s, x one x) so nothing will change.

Bu throw the extra work to them from start of next-gen? Keep in mind some games will be cross-gen so it gonna be PS4, PS4 Pro, XB1, XB O X, Scarlet, lockheart (if it resurfaces), PS5, PS5 Pro.
I imagine every dev losing hair soon.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Why are we giving this rumor any more time than it deserves. Its flat out the most stupid thing sony could do, and totally unnecessary. And absolutely nothing about their messaging so far has even hinted to the remote possibility of something like this being a thing, even less likely when we can all see even MS has deemed it better to focus on one SKU as opposed to two.

I am going to assume that this silly rumor has gained traction mostly because we have nothing solid to talk about... guess when nothing is known everything is something.

Jan 20, 2019
Incorrect. DX on Xbox is closer to a PC DX API but still exposes more than on the PC nor does the API have to concern itself with the near infinite variation of PC desktop PC components that a user might have. So it still isn't technically as high level of abstraction as DX12 on PC.

GNM is a low level API through and through. You're prob thinking about GNMX which Sony developed for PC indie devs coming from a PC dev environment to make the porting easier. Almost no AAA PS4 game uses GNMX.

So is not a question of difficulty but a question of work/more time to develop. If that is the reasob, i understand the developers concern.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Why are we giving this rumor any more time than it deserves. Its flat out the most stupid thing sony could do, and totally unnecessary. And absolutely nothing about their messaging so far has even hinted to the remote possibility of something like this being a thing, even less likely when we can all see even MS has deemed it better to focus on one SKU as opposed to two.

I am going to assume that this silly rumor has gained traction mostly because we have nothing solid to talk about... guess when nothing is known everything is something.

Tbh, I wouldn't give it anymore importance yet, yet I learned that anything could happen these days. When the lockheart rumor was announced, I took it with a grain of salt so I never believed it nor refuted it(eventhough I really was against of it like this one too) until it went nearly confirmed till it got scrapped. So will deal with this rumor with the same distance, neither put too much emphasis on it nor fully bury it and wait how things end up being.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
They totally do - DX11 on Xbox and GNM are kinda this.
From what I understand Xbox SDKs offers the same abstraction just like the PC does. If you want to, you can produce your game on those APIs. Though there are also additional function calls that give you more granular control over the hardware. A thing you cannot do on PC because PC hardware is not fixed. This also explains to me why MS is able to offer BC with an almost entirely software approach (besides some very specific HW modifications).

I am not sure if Sony's GMN is on the same abstraction level or not, but from what I have heard GMN seems to be less abstract. It also explains the many patents for BC on a hardware level in my opinion.

------

Oh my...hmm... Colbert ,is this fully correct in original German?
The translation is entirely correct. The news is part 2 of my social media experiment ...

/jk

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
How is he unreliable? How woudl risk his name publicly? Just asking, I don't know him.
idk, but going by japanese comments i read from the site that first reported this, he has been inaccurate in the past already, which is why i am not freaking out over this.
now if someone like jason or andrew reiner would have said this, i assure you i will go crazy in concern.

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Slightly off-topic (but not entirely):

Massive detail blowout about the graphical effects were used for Gears 5.
Deep dive technical interview with The Coalition's technical art director Colin Penty and studio technical director Mike Rayner.

Very interesting quote from the interview!
The Coalition said:
We love running a game at native resolution and the simplicity and purity of that - but we feel like this will become less and less common, especially if we begin to see 8K games next generation. Temporal reconstruction techniques offer cheap performance returns allowing for higher quality visual systems with very hard to perceive visual quality loss - especially at higher resolutions.

I think Sony and MS were not joking talking about 8K games for next gen consoles ...

Last edited:

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
That 2 PS5 SKU rumor sounds like garbage honestly. The only two things that make any sense for Sony with such a scenario are (1) just a couple of options at launch with storage size differences or (2) rumor came from chatter about Sony already planning for a mid gen PS5 upgrade which is likely on both the Sony and Microsoft side.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Slightly off-topic (but not entirely):

Massive detail blowout about the graphical effects were used for Gears 5.
Deep dive technical interview with The Coalition's technical art director Colin Penty and studio technical director Mike Rayner.

Very interesting quote from the interview!

I think Sony and MS were not joking talking about 8K games for next gen consoles ...

Thanks for sharing, a good read for tech geeks to be sure. Gears 5 really is a technical masterpiece in how the visuals look when still running at a solid 60 FPS, and I suspect that some of the techniques that they used will definitely be shared with other Xbox Game Studios for future development. I thought that this was quote was interesting as you wouldn't expect Rare to necessarily have such a contribution to a Gears game, lol: "We made a big push for GPU based particles on Gears 5, so we integrated some GPU spawning technology from Rare which helped ease the particle burden on the CPU and helped us achieve 60fps on Xbox One X."

Deleted member 12635

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Thanks for sharing, a good read for tech geeks to be sure. Gears 5 really is a technical masterpiece in how the visuals look when still running at a solid 60 FPS, and I suspect that some of the techniques that they used will definitely be shared with other Xbox Game Studios for future development. I thought that this was quote was interesting as you wouldn't expect Rare to necessarily have such a contribution to a Gears game, lol: "We made a big push for GPU based particles on Gears 5, so we integrated some GPU spawning technology from Rare which helped ease the particle burden on the CPU and helped us achieve 60fps on Xbox One X."
Made a thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/df...hit-60fps-and-improved-visual-quality.141014/

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Do you actually read what you link, Jeff? These voluntary agreements mainly cover repairability, sustainability, and use of recycled or recyclable materials. The suggested power caps are only for navigation and media playback modes, in addition to standby modes. There are no power caps for gaming modes. The only requirement even related to gaming mode is a timeout for auto power down after 60 minutes of inactivity.

lol imagine consoles being the only devices with some arbitrary power usage restriction set by the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.