• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think could be the memory setup of your preferred console, or one of the new consoles?

• GDDR6

Votes: 566 41.0%
  • GDDR6 + DDR4

Votes: 540 39.2%
  • HBM2

Votes: 53 3.8%
  • HBM2 + DDR4

Votes: 220 16.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ombala

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
1. Halo Infinite
2. Gears 5
3. Gears Tactics
4. Gears POP
5. Forza Expansion
6. Ori 2
7. Battletoads
8. Age of Empires 4
9. Sea of Thieves Expansion
10. State of Decay 2 Expansion
11. Outer Worlds
12. Wasteland 3
13. Ninja Theory New IP
14. Fable 4 ( or Banjo/revival/etc)
That would be such a big yawn, we need new ips

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its not like they will announce the specs anyway, what you saw in thurrott's article is what you will see in E3, anaconda 2x performance multiplier from X1X and lockhart 4x from X1S.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Think it would be for the best too.

Even if say, Anaconda's teraflops is less than PS5 I dont really think it means much. They could resolve the performance issue somewhere else, like the CPU.

Okay bud. No one refuted the specs for the last 5 hours after Tom Warren stepped in. You could inform me instead of being an ass.

No worries man. Just that if you see a leak just ask people in this thread. There are a lot here who know what they are talking about (not me obviously)

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
No worries man. Just that if you see a leak just ask people in this thread. There are a lot here who know what they are talking about (not me obviously)
You weren't here. There were plenty of people around. There was no need to ask. No one refuted it. Thanks. Idk why you're acting like I just pulled these specs out of my ass. They've been discussed here for hours.

I will not return to this thread. I'll just wait for the specs tomorrow. ;)

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You weren't here. There were plenty of people around. There was no need to ask. No one refuted it.
Guess they were sleeping.

I'm going with 11.1tf, especially with Navi.

4+ teraflops for Lockhart sounds underwhelming, but it's a 299 machine that is targeting 1080p TV, has a MUCH better CPU (Jaguar wasn't even an upgrade on Xbox360's PowerVR CPU) and of course, Navi's CU improvements.

kungfuian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Wonder how to market would respond to a lower end scarlet at $100+ less than PS5 and a high end one something crazy like $200+ more. They could build a beast for the enthusiast crowd just for the sake of having the most powerful and then focus on the lower end unit for sales.

Whatever they do will be interesting to see how they approach a dual console launch and how that plays out in the market.

Nov 12, 2017
If it will have 12 core
its not like they will announce the specs anyway, what you saw in thurrott's article is what you will see in E3, anaconda 2x performance multiplier from X1X and lockhart 4x from X1S.
I'm sure they will use some other keywords ...to recognize the differences or superiority from cerny interview
Btw Seeing the other thread Tom Warren commenting those specs with just :

"Those are dev unit specs, which Microsoft always boosts CPU clock speed and storage requirements inside. Even the Scorpio dev kit had double the RAM of the retail unit."

Gave me a shackle haahh

Last edited:

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
GGGOOODDD morni....wwwwaaaaaa?!?!?
What the hell have I just read? 1 or 2 individuals going with their heart rather than their head it seems...

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
GGGOOODDD morni....wwwwaaaaaa?!?!?
What the hell have I just read? 1 or 2 individuals going with their heart rather than their head it seems...
Not at all. You know what's funny? You weren't here for the craze so now you're seeing stuff out of context. Wow who would have thought that the world goes on when you sleep.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well big_z I'll take your word for PS5's spec probably under 11 tfp

I'm ok with it! Wasn't in the last thread because I was going in with unreasonable expectations.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Less than 24hrs until we learn if MS is serious about next gen or not.

20tf here we come?!

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone going with avatar bets? I'll take one with my guess with Anaconda at below 11.5 tfps.

Need a better avatar than this crap MGS one anyway.

wachie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I dont think the performance delta (pure GPU TF) will define the "most powerful next-gen console" when there could be other things in play. We've seen that the Xbox One had ESRAM but with a weird setup so it never lived up to it's hype from Microsoft. We have also seen the Xbox One X being significantly more powerful than the PS4 Pro yet there are no titles that have showcased that delta. Sony realizes this which is why I think this time around, they're willing to give a deficit while focussing more on other features and (even more) on their first party titles.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wonder how to market would respond to a lower end scarlet at $100+ less than PS5 and a high end one something crazy like $200+ more. They could build a beast for the enthusiast crowd just for the sake of having the most powerful and then focus on the lower end unit for sales.

Whatever they do will be interesting to see how they approach a dual console launch and how that plays out in the market.
If Sony is smart they rebrand PS4 pro to ps5 light maybe even give it a bump. Launch for 299.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
At this point I dont think the performance delta (pure GPU TF) will define the "most powerful next-gen console" when there could be other things in play. We've seen that the Xbox One had ESRAM but with a weird setup so it never lived up to it's hype from Microsoft. We have also seen the Xbox One X being significantly more powerful than the PS4 Pro yet there are no titles that have showcased that delta. Sony realizes this which is why I think this time around, they're willing to give a deficit while focussing more on other features and (even more) on their first party titles.
Sony first party titles will look better due to no Lockhart base to optimise for, im still choosing to believe this.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Sony first party titles will look better due to no Lockhart base to optimise for, im still choosing to believe this.

I absolutely agree with this. I would bank on it personally. I think a lot of people don't seem to get that if you release two next gen consoles with one of them being really low spec then companies will develop for that and just increase the resolution, framerate and a few small graphical effects for the higher end system much like they obviously are doing with the Pro and X whereas Sony will only be developing for next gen systems only.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wont be surprised if that mandate is changed after a year though.

The first year make sense, having first party games being made for the Xbox One on the third year seems a little too much.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
So am i , is he a insider \someone who knows stuff ?
i looked over his previous posts, he mentioned that he has information about next generation games, and now he is saying that PS5's performance (not sure if by raw teraflop count or in real time performance) is closer to stadia than it is to the xbox anaconda? if its in real time performance, then it sounds like the power gap between the 2 is greater than i thought... (of course assuming he actually knows stuff like that)

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
i looked over his previous posts, he mentioned that he has information about next generation games, and now he is saying that PS5's performance (not sure if by raw teraflop count or in real time performance) is closer to stadia than it is to the xbox anaconda? if its in real time performance, then it sounds like the power gap between the 2 is greater than i thought... (of course assuming he actually knows stuff like that)

Okay , sometimes it is be hard to keep up with this during this seasons lol.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just gonna repost the Xbox Scorpio reveal to hype folks up in here even more, this is the kind of style i expect tomorrow about Scarlett.

High fidelity VR. Oops

I wonder what happened there - it was only a year out from launch so they should have had a solid idea what they'd do. I assume they were aiming for WMR compatibility which should have been achievable

Feb 10, 2018

You will never know, because those games will never come to lockhart.
A lot of people think Sony exclusives look better because of art style and ability, I'm sure sony's first party devs will continue to be strong in these areas, however on a technical level don't expect to be using graphic technologies superior to Xbox's first party.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Never seen those PS5 dev kit numbers before, so not sure where they are from.

So Xbox 1X has 10% GPU extra in the devkit. If that holds for the rumoured 14.3tf / 80CU devkit then we'd be looking at a 72cu 12.6tf consumer version?

For PS4/5 that doesn't help unless we have an indication what PS4/pro devkits we're and whether they had any GPU headroom to compare

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
If PS5 was slated to launch this year, but was delayed to 2020, then it makes sense for Anaconda to be powerful.

PS5 specs were probably locked-in for a while now.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
So Xbox 1X has 10% GPU extra in the devkit. If that holds for the rumoured 14.3tf / 80CU devkit then we'd be looking at a 72cu 12.6tf consumer version?

For PS4/5 that doesn't help unless we have an indication what PS4/pro devkits we're and whether they had any GPU headroom to compare
That could be right. Brad Sams did say that MS targeting or going to tell consumers that scarlet will be 4x more powerful than Xbox one s. And anaconda will be 2x more powerful than Xbox one x.

Maybe we will really find out today.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
not an 80CU chip.

arcturus is bullshit. its a stupid talk that spread around about some secret AMD architecture that doesnt even exist.
Arcturus exists, it's an AMD chip

That makes 13 Tflops. It's 10% of 13, not 10% of 14.3

End of gens rarely introduce new IPs
TLOU

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
That could be right. Brad Sams did say that MS targeting or going to tell consumers that scarlet will be 4x more powerful than Xbox one s. And anaconda will be 2x more powerful than Xbox one x.

Maybe we will really find out today.

Going to be interesting to see if they do .
Since you can work out the TF number rather easy with that .
Unless they say something like 4x plus and 2x plus which give them wiggle room.

Status
Not open for further replies.