• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
Current (more solid) evidence for announcement today (Feb 5th PST):
  • PlayStation Employee said "Plead the Febth" when asked about an event (PS Meeting?) occurring.
    • Fifth (as in fifth amendment) mixed with February: 5th of February
  • The Official PS5 Signup pages went up but can't be accessed from the website itself.
  • Heavy trademark traffic
Less solid evidence:
  • JhugeX tweet about something happening in "Fortnite" or could be Fortnight (either the game or the period of time)
    • Played it off as a joke kinda(?) so who knows
Can you access the sign-up in some other way?

YoungGunsII

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Denmark
This thread is so much more entertaining when thirsty and people starts to lose their goddamn minds 🤣

Madhouse4.gif

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
Publishing a story about a leak but not actually a leak but an information that are passed to a journalist to publish as a leak? Integrity? Should we really explain?

Information passed to a journalist through unofficial channels to publish as a leak is the definition of a leak. Are you suggesting that journalists shouldn't publish information that they think their readers will find interesting if they think that the company wants them to publish it? How do they establish this? Where exactly is the line drawn here?

Sure it would. Your reputation is built on your integrity, and if you're lying to your readers, what does that say about your integrity?

Lying? "Sources within company X tell me Y", where's the lie?

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
www.playstation.com

PlayStation®5 | Play Has No Limits | PlayStation

Everything you need to know about the PlayStation®5 console and PlayStation®5 Digital Edition - the best PS5 games, PS5 accessories, and introducing the DualSense wireless controller.

For me it's the first non-story link:
Thx

Oct 31, 2019
Ppl asking if we are ungrateful for the logo reveal, damn right we are... it is just a logo and it is literally following their convention so it is nothing of importance in my opinion. At least it is not what we care for. I can understand spec reveal is too early but saying logo reveal is something to be counted as a reveal is just stupid, they could've revealed that with the Wired article couldn't they??

CypressFX

Banned
Feb 25, 2019
You are still holdning out hoe for a PSM?

I believe they started their SoP last year for this very reason. And if they can skip not one bu two E3s, then the PS reveal wil be in a state of play.
I also thought (while definitely not being a fan of it), this could push SoP massively, and became a huge one like Nintendo Direct for a constant time. So its definitely possible

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
You are still holdning out hoe for a PSM?

I believe they started their SoP last year for this very reason. And if they can skip not one bu two E3s, then the PS reveal wil be in a state of play
Believe!
I have no idea how current Sony wanna do this. My guess before was a PSM with a PSX-like event before launch. But that doesnt seem to be the case 🥵
Maybe they will do like Nintendo, a PS5 SoP then a full reveal event later

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
The lie is if you know it's coming from the company, but pretend that it isn't. That's a controlled leak.

Controlled or not, isnt it always coming from the company or someone trusted with company info?

Why would readers care to judge the journalist based on whether or not source was supposed to provide the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.