• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Here's a larger version
329e835faae4ce7ad824912d731a18e6.jpg

lol wtf is that abomination.

Lol wtf is this thing? Dear god its ugly

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
As others have mentioned, CUs in Navi architecture are much larger than CUs in GCN. In addition, there's more silicon used on caches and other support hardware. On the other hand, it's unlikely either platform will use the full-size Zen2 version. The Flute leak tells us PS5 is using a version with cutdown cache, right around 50mm^2. This and other sizing math is in my threadmarked post.

How much of a negative effect is this likely to cause, compared to the cost savings?

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Definitely think we'll get something tomorrow.

"We're not ready quite yet" sign up site goes up

Next day drop hype video for an event that also tells people to sign up to get notified.

Oct 27, 2017
The Ether
And the real story with ntkrnl is quite unbelievable.

Holy shit! Really?

So "he" used to message me on the old site. I thought he was full of shit. I had tons of people trying to troll me with bad info and I assumed he was one. He made his posts, people bought into it. I didn't.

And then one of the head mods, who i considered a friend... or atleast friendly... messaged me and was like "this ntkrnl thing is very serious and you may need to talk to MS about him." I laughed it off. I honestly felt like this was him fucking with me and I actually got mad at him since I suffer from anxiety issues and I thought it was shitty he would try to play on that. I also at that point decided that he was totally a MS controlled leak and they were "using" me to make it seem like they were upset. I guess i was wrong - lmao.

MS never contacted me and honestly i never thought about any of that again until right now.

And now i'm SUPER FUCKING CURIOUS.

AverageFisk

Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit! Really?

So "he" used to message me on the old site. I thought he was full of shit. I had tons of people trying to troll me with bad info and I assumed he was one. He made his posts, people bought into it. I didn't.

And then one of the head mods, who i considered a friend... or atleast friendly... messaged me and was like "this ntkrnl thing is very serious and you may need to talk to MS about him." I laughed it off. I honestly felt like this was him fucking with me and I actually got mad at him since I suffer from anxiety issues and I thought it was shitty he would try to play on that. I also at that point decided that he was totally a MS controlled leak and they were "using" me to make it seem like they were upset. I guess i was wrong - lmao.

MS never contacted me and honestly i never thought about any of that again until right now.

And now i'm SUPER FUCKING CURIOUS.
I wasn't around during the last console launch. Did this ntkrnl figure leak MS plans or something?

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't around during the last console launch. Did this ntkrnl figure leak MS plans or something?
If I recall they leaked a TON of stuff. Some of it came to pass but I'm not sure all did. I want to say, and others are free to correct me it's been a while, they leaked virtually everything in one of the E3's

edit: it was pretty wild. Gaf had a lot more leakers back in the day than era seems to have now. Those were some crazy (train) days. Cboat, ntkrnl, and many many more

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
If I recall they leaked a TON of stuff. Some of it came to pass but I'm not sure all did. I want to say, and others are free to correct me it's been a while, they leaked virtually everything in one of the E3's

He was very solid, leaked a lot of things that came true. that why people believed it was a controlled leak or somebody pretty high up who knew a lot of details. He spoiled the whole E3.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I think you're correct because people were passing around a list of leaked game reveals in the E3 conference thread while it was going on. They checked them off as it went on. It was a long ass list too.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
He was very solid, leaked a lot of things that came true. that why people believed it was a controlled leak or somebody pretty high up who knew a lot of details. He spoiled the whole E3.
I think you're correct because people were passing around a list of leaked game reveals in the E3 conference thread while it was going on. They checked them off as it went on. It was a long ass list too.
Yeah I thought I remembered it being E3 cause it was one of the bigger leaks I'd ever seen (even though some things didn't come to pass). Cboat may have been bigger bombs but nothing as cohesive and long as this had ever been leaked to my knowledge. This reminds me I was having DM convos with superdae while he was leaking all that stuff too. I only met him through twitter and we didn't talk often but that whole early pre-and start of the generation was a pretty exciting time.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Ya'll have gone crazy to the point of talk of eating ass eh?

de745b2e9c1a6445454b1d31623b47f65d4ea324b3631a9156cc2acb750dfe16

Beaten. Wanted to post this.

BTW shinobi602 , please don't provide any leaks to the people asking for them. I think it's best we just let nature take its course and wait for the official info. Sure some asses may get eaten in the process, but damnit it'll be worth it! :)

Fixed.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I thought we were going to get some interesting info on ntkrnl, I'm sure his leak was still getting revealed years later, it wasn't so much E3 related as almost the entire road map for years to come.

I take it Penello can't say anything else or did I just miss his answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.