• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Here's my theory:
Why launch a website for a product that they are not ready to announce? It's like Apple launching a website about the iPhone 12. People know that they will launch a new iPhone this year, yet, they haven't put a website that say "Coming this fall". They do it either at the day of the announcement, or days/weeks before.

If Sony is launching a placeholder website, is because they are already in preparations to do something. They are already testing things, in order to be ready for when the reveal takes place. They know that if they register a site, or do it behind the scenes, people will find out seconds later, so they are just coming forward and tell people: Here it is a placeholder website for our upcoming PS5.

The "we are no ready to unveil it" might mean as a clarification that the website is not meant to unveil it, or show everything, but just a placeholder (maybe for legal purposes, or whatnot).

My guess is that an unveil is coming soon. If they are building a website is because stuff is getting ready and things are getting closer to an unveiling.

If I am wrong, then I can only think that Sony is trolling, and they just want the hype to keep going until they decide to actually reveal the console.

lynux3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why is Sony website hosting this ps5 controller image?
ps5

The site referenced in the image is: https://www.ps5playstation5.com/

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't speak for "the game industry" but I can tell you that in my time at EA and at Xbox in Marketing, it never happened. It honestly makes no sense from a PR perspective, because any information you have would be much more valuable to use as an exclusive story with an outlet.

Maybe it happens at other companies, I can't say. But not on anything I've ever worked with.

And the real story with ntkrnl is quite unbelievable.

Things like ntkrnl story/fate is what should be a controlled leak!

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my theory:
Why launch a website for a product that they are not ready to announce? It's like Apple launching a website about the iPhone 12. People know that they will launch a new iPhone this year, yet, they haven't put a website that say "Coming this fall". They do it either at the day of the announcement, or days/weeks before.

If Sony is launching a placeholder website, is because they are already in preparations to do something. They are already testing things, in order to be ready for when the reveal takes place. They know that if they register a site, or do it behind the scenes, people will find out seconds later, so they are just coming forward and tell people: Here it is a placeholder website for our upcoming PS5.

The "we are no ready to unveil it" might mean as a clarification that the website is not meant to unveil it, or show everything, but just a placeholder (maybe for legal purposes, or whatnot).

My guess is that an unveil is coming soon. If they are building a website is because stuff is getting ready and things are getting closer to an unveiling.

If I am wrong, then I can only think that Sony is trolling, and they just want the hype to keep going until they decide to actually reveal the console.
Very soon at that.

Believe in Tonky.

🙏🏾

Kreten

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
Era is trying to find justification for the thirst. The truth is, Playstation is the leader this gen and can do anything they wants, like waiting.
MS needs to prove themselves, shake the tree, but they have a free pass because they show a box and are USA based? Weird.

Yep, I think it is quite interesting to watch.
Hasn't MS shown the box, shown a game, leaked power, set expectations for SSD speeds, and Sony has released a logo. Don't you think that since there are so many more PS fans on here that they also want to know more about PS than Xbox? Plus with how little came from camp Sony it's natural that people would push more for Sony info.

Instead in other words you are saying Americans are nationalists. This would mean that PS would be selling very poorly in US which, unlike how xbox is selling in Japan, is not the case. Your comment comes across as an insult to Americans however.

Don't think that Sony can do as they please just because they sold more consoles, we clearly see MS changing their rules and going for subscription based services without seeking Sonys approval.

I really don't get this entitlement you think one company should have over its competitor who happens to be third most valued company in the world.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Hasn't MS shown the box, shown a game, leaked power, set expectations for SSD speeds, and Sony has released a logo. Don't you think that since there are so many more PS fans on here that they also want to know more about PS than Xbox? Plus with how little came from camp Sony it's natural that people would push more for Sony info.

Instead in other words you are saying Americans are nationalists. This would mean that PS would be selling very poorly in US which, unlike how xbox is selling in Japan, is not the case. Your comment comes across as an insult to Americans however.

Don't think that Sony can do as they please just because they sold more consoles, we clearly see MS changing their rules and going for subscription based services without seeking Sonys approval.

I really don't get this entitlement you think one company should have over its competitor who happens to be third most valued company in the world.
If you think all Sony has done is show a logo... I don't know what to say.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

Umm, Sony has revealed, among other things:

-AMD Navi-based GPU and Zen 2-based CPU
-Backwards compatibility with PS4
-PSVR1 works on PS5
-Super fast SSD (faster than anything on PC at the time of the article)
-Hardware-accelerated ray-tracing
-Adaptive resistance triggers
-Haptic feedback replaces rumble in the controller
-4K blu-ray player
-100GB blu-rays

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When a casual fan wants to play call of duty, fifa, Madden, Assasins creed and can barely tell a difference side by side between the ps5/xsx and the Lockhart version. Yes Lockhart will have a huge impact.
Why go there when it's on Ps4 and Xbox one? Seriously?

Since they are cross platform they will not even look that next gen based on what so many people want to push. So In that case how would casuals even see the difference?

Cross platform games will continue for atleast 2 years so what incentive is there for them to even upgrade?

Last edited:

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
So if no info tomorrow do we get to eat Tonky? If so I call dibs on the left asscheek, I hear that's where the best meat is. Gonna sous vide dat cheek up nicely!

Kreten

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
Which would be a nonsensical argument but sure.
No more than stating that division accounting for 11% revenue from third most valuable company in the world is meaningless to that company.
Umm, Sony has revealed, among other things:

-AMD Navi-based GPU and Zen 2-based CPU
-Backwards compatibility with PS4
-PSVR1 works on PS5
-Super fast SSD (faster than anything on PC at the time of the article)
-Hardware-accelerated ray-tracing
-Adaptive resistance triggers
-Haptic feedback replaces rumble in the controller
-4K blu-ray player
-100GB blu-rays
Most of those on the face value mean absolutely nothing and everything you listed MS has confirmed themselves in their own words except resistance triggers. I didn't mention 8K, 120FPS, VRR, VRS, ALLM, DLI, suspend up to 3 games, stream game right away while it's downloading in background, actuat APU, apu size etc. I think these things are very niche in importance of knowing it's there.
Biggest elephant in the room is that there is no leak of PS5 TFlops or what it will look like. And a biggest reason people want to hear from Sony in some way.

Not much left for MS to reveal really except some exact numbers and technology behind everything if they ever choose to.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Why go there when it's on Ps4 and Xbox one? Seriously?

Since they are cross platform they will not even look that next gen based on what so many people want to push. So In that case how would casuals even see the difference?

Cross platform games will continue for atleast 2 years so what incentive is there for them to even upgrade?
For the first 2 years ya that's a valid point. Lots of casuals won't jump over as usual. But as games stop being cross gen those casuals will move over eventually.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
No more than stating that division accounting for 11% revenue from third most valuable company in the world is meaningless to that company.

Most of those on the face value mean absolutely nothing and everything you listed MS has confirmed themselves in their own words except resistance triggers. I didn't mention 8K, 120FPS, VRR, VRS, ALLM, DLI, suspend up to 3 games, stream game right away while it's downloading in background, actuat APU, apu size etc. I think these things are very niche in importance of knowing it's there.
Biggest elephant in the room is that there is no leak of PS5 TFlops or what it will look like. And a biggest reason people want to hear from Sony in some way.

Not much left for MS to reveal really except some exact numbers and technology behind everything if they ever choose to.
I'm not denying that MS has revealed more, but it's ridiculous to say that all Sony has revealed is the logo.

Also, Xbox Series X will have haptic feedback (voice-coil actuators) in the controller? I don't remember hearing that.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
If something happens tomorrow a new OT should be started for the occasion.

|OT11| Tonky Talks Real Tonk

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Ya'll have gone crazy to the point of talk of eating ass eh?

de745b2e9c1a6445454b1d31623b47f65d4ea324b3631a9156cc2acb750dfe16

Well I wasn't in the mood for scrotum or nipples so I figured a good ol' rump would do.

BTW shinobi602 , please don't provide any leaks to the people asking for them. I think it's best we just let nature take its course and wait for the official info. Sure some people may get eaten in the process, but damnit it'll be worth it! :)

DammitLloyd

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a larger version
329e835faae4ce7ad824912d731a18e6.jpg

lol wtf is that abomination.

EDIT: Came from that PS5 site, just concepts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.