• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

-Optimus Prime

oMzaEGL.png

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
I have a theory.
we might be getting a wired article in a few days.
hear me out, throughout the day, the PS5 website went up in regions around the world (not yet in japan i think), however these werent just linked through the main page, someone had to search up the link and changed PS4 to PS5 and by accident got the jackpot. sony didnt link this page, you cant access it unless you got the link externally.

where am i getting with this?
sony should be tweeting out a link to the PS5 newsletter page at some point, so maybe we are getting a blogpost alongside the link?
and then we also have the fact that reading the site details, it mentions 3 major points to announce: price, release date, and launch titles, but not specs. what if, specs are getting revealed in a few hours/days in a wired article and they will also link to this page to get everyone signed up to the newsletter? If this page was supposed to go up alongside the article that revealed specs, then specs wouldnt be one of the main points left to announce.
I hate your theory on principle, because it gives me hope.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
The logical thing for me to do is chuckle at Tonky now, get a good night's sleep, then chuckle at him again tomorrow. Yet, here I am about to join his crusade.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
what's the exact quote?
If you are talking about the PS5 potential price point, from the other thread:
"First, we must absolutely control the labour cost, the personnel cost, it must be controlled," Totoki said. "And the initial ramp up, how much can we prepare initially, we will work on the production and the sales and we will have to prepare the right volume as we launch this.

"What is not very clear or visible is because we are competing in the space, so it's very difficult to discuss anything about the price at this point of time, and depending upon the price level, we may have to determine the promotion that we are going to deploy and how much costs we are prepared to pay.

"So it's a question of balance," Totoki continued, "and because it's a balancing act it's very difficult to say anything concrete at this point of time, but when I said smooth transition, we mean that we will definitely choose the optimal approach and that we will try to have the best balance so that we will be profitable in the life, during the life of this product."

Deleted member 2379

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exact full quote per transcript:

Junya Ayada JP Morgan Chase & Co, Research Division
The second question is on the Game & Network Service. And please answer, if you can, to the best you can. Mr. Totoki said that you intend to have a smooth transition to the new generation. And as you do so, what are the factors that you can control such as marketing or development cost or there could be factors which are not visible, could be volume or price. So that best you can, can you discuss on what you can discuss and what is already visible?

Hiroki Totoki Senior Executive VP, CFO, Representative Corporate Executive Officer & Director

First, we must absolutely control the labor cost, the personnel cost. It must be controlled. And it leads to what should be recognized as a cost. We will definitely control that. And the initial ramp-up, how much can we prepare initially, we will work on the production and the sales and we will have to prepare the right volume as we launch this. What is not very clear or visible, it's because we are competing in the space. So it's very difficult to discuss anything about the price at this point of time. And depending upon the price level, we may have to determine the promotion that we are going to deploy and how much cost we are prepared to pay. So it's a question of balance. And because it's a balancing act, it's very difficult to say anything concrete at this point of time. But when I said a smooth transition, we mean that we will definitely choose the optimal approach. And that we would try to have the best balance, so that will be profitable in the life -- during the life of this product.

I have my own read on this, but I'll let Albert opine.

Aug 26, 2019
what the fuck is even going on here
I doubled down on a prediction that we're getting a reveal tomorrow, based on some things that have come up over the last few weeks (Zhuge's tweet, AcridMeat's post etc). I was so confident in these things pointing to a Feb 5th reveal that I basically guaranteed it, but unfortunately I flew too close to the sun, derailed this thread and it looks like I will now be losing my account tomorrow if nothing happens :(

fiveshift

Banned
Apr 10, 2018
For Tonky's sake, If Sony drops a teaser video telling you to sign up for more info, does it count? I'm of the mind it needs to be in the vein of what Xbox did at TGA to count.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubled down on a prediction that we're getting a reveal tomorrow, based on some things that have come up over the last few weeks (Zhuge's tweet, AcridMeat's post etc). I was so confident in these things pointing to a Feb 5th reveal that I basically guaranteed it, but unfortunately I flew too close to the sun, derailed this thread and it looks like I will now be losing my account tomorrow if nothing happens :(
no one is gonna perma ban you over a prediction. we all know you were playing around. at worst you might be out for a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.