• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Who and where? And how do you explain the 56 CU and the hardware VRS support then? Right now I see overwhelming evidence in favor of SeX using RDNA2
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/12/12/microsoft-unveils-xbox-series-x/ - Note the use of "next generation RDNA, the same language used by AMD to describe their upcoming GPUs with dedicated RT HW.
Where have i seen someone argue mark cerny lied about RT?hmmm. 2nd one in the past week. Hmmmm🤔🤔

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, whenever I see someone trying to argue that Mark Cerny was misleading about hardware ray tracing in PS5, I just report the poster. There's no point arguing back because it's clear these posters are arguing in bad faith and may even be in it for the console wars.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I'm only looking at the cold hard facts and data. Of course I cannot see the future.
  • Oberon is Navi10Lite
  • Navi10 (RDNA1) lacks dedicated RT hardware
  • Sony said PS5 has HW RT
  • Therefor it must have some degree of HW acceleration for RT, but not dedicated HW for RT
  • SeX has 56CU
  • "Little Navi" (Navi10) taps out at 40 CU
  • SeX must be "Big Navi" then
  • Lisa Su recently confirmed "Big Navi" uses next-gen RDNA (RDNA2) (https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd-confirms-high-end-navi-gpu-2020-ray-tracing)
  • AMD's RT roadmap they revealed at E3 2019 says that next gen RDNA (RDNA2) will have dedicated RT hardware
    yaljls.jpg
  • Therefor SeX must be using RDNA2 and has dedicated RT HW
Make sense?

Oh but it is. See above, as well as the confirmation of hardware VRS, which is currently not supported in RDNA1.

Oh I see. Much, much more. Especially in the single threaded department. Zen2 has a higher IPC than Coffee Lake R. I think this should speak for itself:
rigbyesque

Jun 23, 2019
I swear if we start going through this "Klee is lying and doesn't know anything" narrative again, I'm going to start reporting people again. I swear this thread is so circular it's annoying.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and what makes you so sure of that? Got any Navi10Lite GPUs to show that it lacks RT?

I do not believe that the PS5 lacks RT. What I do believe is that it lacks DEDICATED RT hardware. It may have hardware that can accelerate RT, but said hardware is not purpose built for accelerating RT. This differs from the SeX which uses RDNA2/Big Navi and does have dedicated RT hardware
👀 👀
Why does the bolded always happen with Playstation? Also 2020 hits again! :). Déjà vu and all that jazz.
Cause MC is a filthy liar, IV
Anyone still arguing about whether the PS5 have HW RT or not is a troll. Sony has been clear on this, and the only reason to be pedantic about it is to troll/do not-so-subtle console warring.
Where have i seen someone argue mark cerny lied about RT?hmmm. 2nd one in the past week. Hmmmm🤔🤔

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Assumptions? Ok, let's walk through this one step at a time with sources:
Where are these "assumptions and twisting and turning"?
How has your first week on the forum been treating you?

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
So regarding the sign up page, what's the context of statement. Is "We've begun to share" referring to the Wired articles or referring to an imminent press release (whatever form that may take) and therefore the sign up page is premature. It specifies the sign up is to inform on price, release date and launch games but isn't the main elephant the specs and box design? Maybe the wider audience don't care about that stuff?

Deleted member 10747

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where indeed.....Just plain old hard facts and data.......LMAO, seriously? You don't see it?

You know what? I'm not going to crush your dreams and hopes.... So yeah, keep doing the twist because you are rocking it like the best off them.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (3 months): Antagonising another member over multiple posts, long history of similar behaviour
You have to hand it to this person .he/she made this account just to say cerny lied .

reminds me of JackAL who unfortunately got banned for being an alt account of senjetsu .he just made an account to say cerny lied .

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
These people denying the PS5 RT hardware support sound an awful lot like flat earthers. No matter what you bring to the debate, what Cerny says or doesn't, they always go back to this bizarre notion that just because a batch of tests inadvertedly leaked by an AMD intern didn't show RT hardware, Cerny and Sony must be both behind a conspiracy hide the fact that the PS5 won't have RT hardware.

Deleted member 10747

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone still arguing about whether the PS5 have HW RT or not is a troll. Sony has been clear on this, and the only reason to be pedantic about it is to troll/do not-so-subtle console warring.
At this point, whenever I see someone trying to argue that Mark Cerny was misleading about hardware ray tracing in PS5, I just report the poster. There's no point arguing back because it's clear these posters are arguing in bad faith and may even be in it for the console wars.
I got to say...I'm glad that i am not the only one noticing things... Thought my brain was playing tricks on me and seeing ghosts.......
Hahahaha, i love you!

Why do you think MC hammer needs his bath so much? It's to wash off the stink of his lies.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, you'd think they would save their alt accounts for something more substantial than to say Cerny lied about HW RT in this thread. There will be far biggest issues to console war about in the coming year yet they are burning through all their alts.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm calling it now:

Dreams is getting released on Feb. 14 and the whole PS5 announcement will be made in Dreams.

EsqBob

Nov 7, 2017
Calm down people, they are just putting the finishing touch in the ducks and will announce a date when everything is ready

Jun 23, 2019
User warned: Antagonizing other users
You have to hand it to this person .he/she made this account just to say cerny lied .

reminds me of JackAL who unfortunately got banned for being an alt account of senjetsu .he just made an account to say cerny lied .
Wait, did Senjutsu make another alt account again? I swear a new account pops up every week specifically saying that Mark Cerny is lying and that the PS5 doesn't have hardware RT ad nauseum.

Dec 10, 2019
Has anybody in here experience or deeper knowledge on CFexpress ???

Especially about
a) what is on the card? (controller & storage or storage only (has to be then controlled by the internal controller)
b) if the first, what IOPS metrics you can expect?
Thx in advance!
That would need 4 more PCIe lanes on the chip.
Also just PCI 3.0 and not 4.0?

PCI 3.0x4 is fast enough, but wouldn't that conflict with the Phison controller leak?

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
If saying, that Cerny hasn't specified mentioned dedicated hardware for RT, is a banable offense.

Why is it ok, to say the next xbox will be under 2 times the tf power of a xox ?
I mean, Spencer said 2 times the power.

Just wondering.
Maybe my wondering is already causing a offence and i will get a ban.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
How the hell is that possible in real life where things cost money? This makes sense only if Sony makes all the parts themselves.

Companies tend to use consoles as loss leaders. Losing an extra 50 dollars day 1 on a console means another person buying games, yearly $50 subscriptions, controllers and other accessories.

That $50 loss day one easily leads to $100's of dollars worth of profit down the road.

Losing too much day 1 is a bad idea, but losing a little bit is the norm (at least day 1).

If undercutting your competition makes someone buy your console, it also has the added benefit of that person's friends are more likely to buy the same console.

Losing an extra $300 million year one, so that people buy your console can mean billions in profit down the road.

Deleted member 10747

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If saying, that Cerny hasn't specified mentioned dedicated hardware for RT, is a banable offense.

Why is it ok, to say the next xbox will be under 2 times the tf power of a xox ?
I mean, Spencer said 2 times the power.

Just wondering.
Maybe my wondering is already causing a offence and i will get a ban.
Lol what? What are you talking about?

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Can you read? I've already answered all of these and why they are wrong. Can't see any point in repeating myself.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom

I gotta believe!!!

I just realised that Mark Cerny and Master Chief share the same initials... coincidence? I suspect not.... 👀

Hahaha, this is awesome. Where is it from?

brofist.gif

For knowing the GOAT feature length animation!!

Feb 27, 2019
Haven't kept up--can anyone tell me if the Reddit/4chan PS5 rumor has been definitively proven wrong?

I know that the Feb 5 event is obviously not happening, but is there anything else they predicted that has not come true too?

Oct 27, 2017
Question: Would it not make sense to have an external enclosure that one can put NVME SSDs into? I think the only thing needed would be a Thunderbolt 3 port.

I mean, you can see NVME prices go down by 50% in a year so having the option of cheap expandable storage seems necessary for the early adopters.

Dec 8, 2018

You are assuming that the GitHub leak that contains numerous errors all over the place is correct which is far from reality and just as DF say we don't know and can only speculate.

You are assuming it isn't possible to incorporate features from RDNA2 on a custom chip when PlayStation did it both with the regular PS4 and PRO features.

You are assuming that Xbox is not doing the exact same thing and using RDNA "1.5" features when we have an insider with VERY good MS knowledge.

You assume when Mark Cerny says that they have hardware accelerated ray tracing inside the GPU and the exact same words used by MS mean two different solutions.

Basically all you are doing is assuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.