• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
If Sony doesn't announce anything by end of day PST this thread should be locked for one week or until news breaks. You kids need to chill out and clear your heads. There's nothing of value here, only the mixing of trash. Reminds me of when people would use pre e3 threads to up their post counts on ign to get stars.

No fun allowed guys.

Albert Penello

Verified
Nov 2, 2017
Redmond, WA
On a first run, lets say DK1 of the custom APU, how many engineering samples are typically developed? A single wafer's worth? I presume initial testing would be done by AMD. How long does it take to reach Xbox? Or does Xbox just set performance criteria and get back test results from AMD and make decisions on that data? Thanks

I wouldn't know that LOD.

By the time that was happening, I would be knee-deep in PR and Marketing plans. Thinking about launch events, packaging, copy, etc. Or I would be thinking about the next update/form factor changes (e.g. "slim" versions), etc.

I would be in meetings where the team would discuss bringup, but I wasn't directly involved, so I don't want to speculate. This is why I have a good sense of where the overall process is, but for this question I can't give you a detailed answer.

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
Like someone mentioned earlier. Back in 2013 Sony attended E3 so an announcement in February was understandable, but now they won't attend E3 so they probably will have a different course then they did in 2013.

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Basarili

Oct 27, 2017
Haarlem
The problem of Sony is not E3, it is GDC after it I expect leaks and article by trustable journalists.

Not going to compare CES to GDC ofcourse, but we keep fooling ourself. Even at CES some insiders expected some stuff.
We will probably never know who knew something. I mean the real folks who know this kind of stuff and signed a NDA won't tell us anything.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Not going to compare CES to GDC ofcourse, but we keep fooling ourself. Even at CES some insiders expected some stuff.
We will probably never know who knew something. I mean the real folks who know this kind of stuff and signed a NDA won't tell us anything.

I don't expect direct information from Sony at GDC. They release a console at the end of the year, they will begin to need to brief more developers about the PS5.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
It's March now? And after March, it's April.
March is GDC, this is realistically the last date they can keep it under wraps as it will leak otherwise from devs and people who will attend GDC this year as you generally can't stop the information from spreading at such industrial events.
So if it won't be February then it will be March, no later.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Sony will only do one big show/SOP rather than a reveal and live show like they did in 2013.

saket08

Jun 13, 2019
Gn guys really disappointed but I guess we expected too much without any solid evidence anyways it was fun speculating with you peeps <3

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Imagine all the human productivity that was lost this month waiting for an announcement from Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.