• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Yes, this is important. And what they do to smaller is unfair, honestly Concrete Genie deserved more.
As does Dreams.
Yep, I really don't understand about Concrete Genie. I wasn't asking for paid commerials or anything like that. But being absent of 24th September SoP is really, really weird. Medievil had a section.
Dreams had a section on the december SoP so they probably do the same. I really hope not for MM.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
ok, i thought they meant advertise the announcement event, i didn't think they would actually advertise the PS5 itself until after the summer, i thought the PS4 campaign started fairly late.

I'm not really sure since when ps4 was advertised during the champions league,
but what would hinder them to make a banner like
"PlayStation .... PS5 .... Coming soon"
Right now they actually just only posted a ps5 logo on twitter.
And for most of europe, only the name playstation and a number is enough.

Edit:
As for the announcement of the ps5 event, yes, that is something for superbowl, because it will be in english and for US time zones.
There is no ps5 event for other regions.

Last edited:

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
ok, i thought they meant advertise the announcement event, i didn't think they would actually advertise the PS5 itself until after the summer, i thought the PS4 campaign started fairly late. it all seems a bit expensive to me but i suppose a live show isn't cheap either.
Because ads are for people who doesn't follow those things like us. There is no point to adverstise early for them, they will forget pretty quickly. You need to go big prior to launch to have an impact.
That's why the SB ad makes no sense to me.
If TLoU II released on the original 2/21 date, I think there would have been a SB ad.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I mean AMD solution is not yet avaible. So maybe Sony worked with another company like the one which created PowerVR. Maybe Sony decided to implement their own solution since AMD was not able to provide any solution few years ago.

But yeah maybe it's simplier to let AMD doing the RT stuff instead of letting another group for compatibility reasons.

But the PowerVR solution seems to be more efficient than nvidia on the specs. Maybe for the mid refresh.
I don't expect it to work anything like NVIDIA solution.

EDIT: Lisa Su has already talked about ray tracing many times.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get this superbowl stuff for a global brand like Playstaton.

This is why:

Here are the 50 most-watched programs of the decade (In the US):

Code:
Rank    Program    Network    Date    Viewers (millions)
1      Super Bowl XLIX       NBC    Feb. 1, 2015     114.44
2      Super Bowl XLVIII     Fox    Feb. 2, 2014       112.19
3      Super Bowl 50           CBS    Feb. 7, 2016      111.86
4      Super Bowl XLVI       NBC    Feb. 5, 2012      111.35
5      Super Bowl LI            Fox    Feb. 5, 2017       111.32
6      Super Bowl XLV        Fox    Feb. 6, 2011       111.04
7      Super Bowl XLVII      CBS    Feb. 3, 2013      108.69
8      Super Bowl XLIV      CBS    Feb. 7, 2010       106.48
9      Super Bowl LIII         NBC    Feb. 4, 2018      103.47
10    Super Bowl LIII         CBS    Feb. 3, 2019      98.48

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony won't waste the money on a superbowl ad when they can generate the same awareness through a tweet.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
This is why:

Code:
1    Super Bowl XLIX    NBC    Feb. 1, 2015    114.44
2    Super Bowl XLVIII    Fox    Feb. 2, 2014    112.19
3    Super Bowl 50    CBS    Feb. 7, 2016    111.86
4    Super Bowl XLVI    NBC    Feb. 5, 2012    111.35
5    Super Bowl LI    Fox    Feb. 5, 2017    111.32
6    Super Bowl XLV    Fox    Feb. 6, 2011    111.04
7    Super Bowl XLVII    CBS    Feb. 3, 2013    108.69
8    Super Bowl XLIV    CBS    Feb. 7, 2010    106.48
9    Super Bowl LIII    NBC    Feb. 4, 2018    103.47
10    Super Bowl LIII    CBS    Feb. 3, 2019    98.48

We will just have to see, it makes sense if you have something to sell, but watching a console reveal 9 months before launch I'm not seeing the value.

But again, I'm perfectly happy to be wrong and find out about PS5 in a couple of days.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Another

"Hey Guys, i know i'm not Jason Schreier or Nibellion, but i work as a journalist and editor of a vehicle here in Brazil. Recently, our website - Combo Infinito - received some information regarding the PS5 announcement and its pre-order.

Our sources are reliable, but for legal reasons, we were asked to keep them confidential. Therefore, we cannot reveal where we got such details from.

Our sources claim that the PS5 will be revealed after the 15th of February (no date was mentioned), and has never been cited for the 5th - as other rumors have suggested. This would be due to other investor meetings that Sony will hold early next month. In addition, the pre-order is expected to start around March. According to what we were told, Sony has already changed the date of the event and the pre-order twice.

Finally, we will keep the matter as a rumor until some news is officially released."

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...ewqrfq/ps5_reveal_and_preorder_details_rumor/

is interesting that supposed leaker said stores have already received promotional material and advance information. Hmmm....

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Well, he is a journalist and a editor of a vehicle from brazil, so i think there is no grain of salt needed.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another

"Hey Guys, i know i'm not Jason Schreier or Nibellion, but i work as a journalist and editor of a vehicle here in Brazil. Recently, our website - Combo Infinito - received some information regarding the PS5 announcement and its pre-order.

Our sources are reliable, but for legal reasons, we were asked to keep them confidential. Therefore, we cannot reveal where we got such details from.

Our sources claim that the PS5 will be revealed after the 15th of February (no date was mentioned), and has never been cited for the 5th - as other rumors have suggested. This would be due to other investor meetings that Sony will hold early next month. In addition, the pre-order is expected to start around March. According to what we were told, Sony has already changed the date of the event and the pre-order twice.

Finally, we will keep the matter as a rumor until some news is officially released."

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...ewqrfq/ps5_reveal_and_preorder_details_rumor/

is interesting that supposed leaker said stores have already received promotional material and advance information. Hmmm....
Combo Infinito is known in Brazil for their clickbait articles to generate console wars in Facebook comments and clicks.

I don't think they have any kind of credibility or inside information.

Oct 25, 2017
Another

lol, leaking information using the name of his own site to be more "credible".

not surprising... coming from this super console war and click bait site.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Playstation sending promotional material to stores is kinda funny with all the secrecy and lack of info, the leakers are terrible this year.

BGs

3D-VFX Generalist and VR Developer
Verified
Jan 21, 2020
Yeah it's not happening guys. So BGs was wrong.
giphy.gif

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
This is why:

Code:
1      Super Bowl XLIX       NBC    Feb. 1, 2015     114.44
2      Super Bowl XLVIII     Fox    Feb. 2, 2014       112.19
3      Super Bowl 50           CBS    Feb. 7, 2016      111.86
4      Super Bowl XLVI       NBC    Feb. 5, 2012      111.35
5      Super Bowl LI            Fox    Feb. 5, 2017       111.32
6      Super Bowl XLV        Fox    Feb. 6, 2011       111.04
7      Super Bowl XLVII      CBS    Feb. 3, 2013      108.69
8      Super Bowl XLIV      CBS    Feb. 7, 2010       106.48
9      Super Bowl LIII         NBC    Feb. 4, 2018      103.47
10    Super Bowl LIII         CBS    Feb. 3, 2019      98.48

Yeah, but compared to actual football those figures are peanuts and all in one (admittedly important) market. I think over 4bn people were thought to have watched the last World Cup Final.

Super Bowl is great for reaching America, but irrelevant to the rest of the world.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
If true it feels like PS5 isn't going as smoothly as PS4 did.
Don't see how you arrived at that? Because there were no leaks pertaining to pre-order and marketing talks of the PS4? How do we know that wasn't changed 7 times?

As for the SoP reveal thing, I personally think its a great idea, and it's yet another of my predictions that is seeming coming true lol. Well, not really a prediction I just said I won't be surprised if that is what they did.

But for those against it though, I ask this; how many here was going to go to the live event? And how many here were going to stream it?

Jdogg4089

Jan 28, 2019
J
The only thing i can think of is that Sony might have been planning on a PS4Pro+ that should have gone head to head with the One X.

I refuse to believe that the PS5 was ever planned to have a Jaguar CPU in it, specially not for a 2019 release date. It makes absolutely no sense at all...
The Jaguar was already a bottleneck this gen, imagine how big of a bottleneck it would be in a system with a blazing fast SSD and a RDNA GPU with at least 8Tf.

I'm not sure if it's the slow news or something but the things that are being discussed are making less and less sense as the days go on. We really need some news.

The jaguar is already a bottleneck in the underpowered consoles of today. The next gen consoles would be conplete trash if they had jaguar and an ssd and powerful gpu wouldn't change that.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but compared to actual football those figures are peanuts and all in one (admittedly important) market. I think over 4bn people were thought to have watched the last World Cup Final.

Super Bowl is great for reaching America, but irrelevant to the rest of the world.

A world cup final is once every 4 years.

And running an ad during the SB doesn't stop them from running it elsewhere.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they will do a super bowl commercial. I think if they were going to use a highly televised sporting event it would of been the PlayStation Feista bowl At the end of last month.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I really don't understand about Concrete Genie. I wasn't asking for paid commerials or anything like that. But being absent of 24th September SoP is really, really weird. Medievil had a section.
Dreams had a section on the december SoP so they probably do the same. I really hope not for MM.
Yeah. They need to hype it up.. and let us see a PS5 version in action also.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
It won't happen today. Bad news tends to get dumped on Fridays to bury it in the news cycle.

Unless... it's bad news?

/not an insider
//that's political news anyways, I think.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I'm really wondering now why everyone is waiting for a ps5 reveal, there is...... i think..... no post asking for more information on the xbox series x and maybe the other series.

I mean what did microsoft show until now, a black box and some goal posts.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
So that Remedy rumor was bogus?
There was never going to be a Remedy announcement today. People took a comment by BGs that in essence told folk IN THIS THREAD to quit giving themselves anxiety and spun that into a Playstation acquisition of Remedy being announced today. They (and you if you fell for it without sourcing) have only themselves to blame for any disappointment.

We're creating our own news and then being disappointed when nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.