• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
I think it's more likely Sony made the Jaguar chip for a PS4 Pro V2 as their answer to the Project Scorpio but then realised they didn't need too. Don't forget that with the X1X before it's official announcement there was a lot of people wondering if MS were going to jump the gun on "next gen" and that the X1X might have exclusives and things like that. So it's possible Sony came up with this as an answer to that but then realised they didn't need too as the X1X wasn't MS's next gen console, they had something else in the pipeline for that with the XSX.

Silencerx98

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember about a year ago when this series of threads was about how the new Call Of Duty was proof that next gen would launch in late 2019 because of job listings specifying it? Then after late 2019 was approaching too close for comfort with no marketing, the narrative shifted to Spring 2020 launch because people couldn't wait any longer. Those were hilarious times

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Coronavirus will have some effect on console launch later this year...
giphy.gif

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I find watching people descend into madness more entertaining than the possibility of actual news.

This time next year none of this will matter.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
There hasn't actually been any sort of credible evidence of a Jag-based PS5 folks. There isn't a single shred of evidence for that.

But I recall now it was a Dictator drive-by just to fan the flame I guess. I appreciate your work at DF and you have made some excellent contributions here, but a thread derailing post like that is a bit unnecessary.

What is the purpose of resurrecting that old rumor?

We know it's not relevant to the current PS5.

Edit: to soften the language per VX1 request but keep the original intent

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Remember about a year ago when this series of threads was about how the new Call Of Duty was proof that next gen would launch in late 2019 because of job listings specifying it? Then after late 2019 was approaching too close for comfort with no marketing, the narrative shifted to Spring 2020 launch because people couldn't wait any longer. Those were hilarious times
Ah, the good ol days before Github.

Oct 27, 2017
Awaiting the greatness of more PS5 info from oficial channels (a PS Meeting, a State of Play, something…), because the future is coming… but maybe not today. But maybe sometimes, there are surprises, that come out of nowhere, so… who knows?!

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
There hasn't actually been any sort of credible evidence of a Jag-based PS5 folks. There isn't a single shred of evidence for that.

But I recall now it was a Dictator drive-by just to fan the flames yesterday for the lols I guess. I appreciate your work at DF and you have made some excellent contributions here, but the trolling is a bit juvenile.

What is the purpose of resurrecting that old rumor besides just trying to get some group triggered?

Hell, Jaguar wasn't even Sony's first choice for PS4...

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
But I recall now it was a @Dictator drive-by just to fan the flames yesterday for the lols I guess. I appreciate your work at DF and you have made some excellent contributions here, but the trolling is a bit juvenile.

What is the purpose of resurrecting that old rumor besides just trying to get some group triggered?
There is really no need for this type of language.Alex is doing a great job and we are glad to have him here.

Besides if Albert, who knows these things much better then all of us here combined, thought Jaguars were possible back in 2017 during design of console for 2019 launch, Alex obviously had a point to mention it as a distinct possibility as well.

Last edited:

saket08

Jun 13, 2019
Source Osirus black Mod Edit: Removed Reference to Banned Site

These are FACTS

Gamestop has a temp SKU number for the PS5 its listed in the system NOW at a retail of $499:99. Their is also a SKU for SeX which is LOWER than the PS5 by $50:00 don't know why don't ask its in their and they are both temps. I have also KNOW some stores have jumped the gun and taken advanced preorders at these prices. Their is also a SKU for RE8, GodFall, Assassins Creed, (does not say ragnarok or kingdom)
hell blade 2,2k21 and broken filter no idea what it is its listed under ps5 titles and not accessories.
Accessories are priced way the fuck too high but again everything in the system at the moment is temporary. PS5 controllers are listed at $69:99 (there is no way that's right) and SeX controllers are $10 less. Their is a PS5 camera listed but it's $129:99 I didn't see one for SeX.

This is what I was TOLD
This is from a multi platform developer,"Neither system is less than 10, Period!" how is that for no riddles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 23, 2019
Nothing is happening today with Playstation, but you know what is? Lakers vs. Blazers at 7pm PT. Watch it for Kobe.

Source:

https://www.**********/threads/next...lation-analysis-leaks-thread.1480978/page-828

These are FACTS

Gamestop has a temp SKU number for the PS5 its listed in the system NOW at a retail of $499:99. Their is also a SKU for SeX which is LOWER than the PS5 by $50:00 don't know why don't ask its in their and they are both temps. I have also KNOW some stores have jumped the gun and taken advanced preorders at these prices. Their is also a SKU for RE8, GodFall, Assassins Creed, (does not say ragnarok or kingdom)
hell blade 2,2k21 and broken filter no idea what it is its listed under ps5 titles and not accessories.
Accessories are priced way the fuck too high but again everything in the system at the moment is temporary. PS5 controllers are listed at $69:99 (there is no way that's right) and SeX controllers are $10 less. Their is a PS5 camera listed but it's $129:99 I didn't see one for SeX.

This is what I was TOLD
This is from a multi platform developer,"Neither system is less than 10, Period!" how is that for no riddles.

1. Please do not link threads to the old site. We do not discuss them here.

2. All that Gamestop info is known and was discussed and is just placeholder info and not indicative of anything.

3. if you are actually hearing info, you need to verify with a mod or suffer the consequences of posting false information.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND

But I recall now it was a Dictator drive-by just to fan the flames yesterday for the lols I guess. I appreciate your work at DF and you have made some excellent contributions here, but the trolling is a bit juvenile.

That was not flaming at all.
Rather I am pointing out what I think happened. I think the PS5 was redesigned from its 2019 release for various reasons, and one of the dev kits from that now defunct 2019 release model was one with the Jag inside it.

The reason why I want to point that out is so people do not hold on to fantastical ideas that Sony is going to be scrapping APUs being tested in 2019. The scrapping already happened and redesigning already occured before 2019.

The whole PS5 being redesigned for its 2019 release happened long ago now, yet it keeps being mentioned in this thread in reference to Github leaks and Oberon and what not. It has nothing to do with that.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Rather I am pointing out what I think happened. I think the PS5 was redesigned from its 2019 release for various reasons, and one of the dev kits from that now defunct 2019 release model was one with the Jag inside it.

The reason why I want to point that out is so people do not hold on to fantastical ideas that Sony is going to be scrapping APUs being tested in 2019. The scrapping already happened and redesigning already occured.
your theory makes no sense because cerny said this in 2016:
Cerny doesn't see the PS4 Pro as a new generation for two reasons: It doesn't have significantly more memory or a new CPU
I mean..... Cerny already talked about the CPU thing.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
You know all of this to be true? People take your word with quite a bit of weight. Was it changed in 2017 or later? A custom next-gen APU with a Jag?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Source Osirus black Neogaf

These are FACTS

This is what I was TOLD

We don't source anything from that site.

And gosh, he was TOLD, well how can we not believe him.

And Hellblade 2 on PS5? LOL

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
This is mildly interesting. Sony wants to help developers analyze your objectives and playstyle to better recommend in-game equipment. This is ostensibly to lower frustration and quit-rate, but also admits it would be applicable to in-game economies as well.

The reason why I want to point that out is so people do not hold on to fantastical ideas that Sony is going to be scrapping APUs being tested in 2019. The scrapping already happened and redesigning already occured before 2019.

The whole PS5 being redesigned for its 2019 release happened long ago now, yet it keeps being mentioned in this thread in reference to Github leaks and Oberon and what not. It has nothing to do with that.
And here's why I think this rumor is BS. Cerny was filling patents 2015-2017 that dealt with changing clock speeds, disabling whole caches, spoofing IDs, simulating legacy bus behavior, and altering timing to allow for hardware BC. That's not something you'd need to do for a Jaguar core. You just adjust the clock speed, which is exactly what the Pro does. They were already thinking beyond Jaguar before the Pro even launched. Albert even admitted they were conceptualizing Scorpio before Xbox One launched. There's no logical scenario where Jaguar is in a PS5 as the main CPU.

Last edited:

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017

Do you think there was a PS5 devkit with a Jaguar CPU or are you saying there was a devkit with a Jaguar CPU?

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think anyone level-headed thought that PS5 was being redesigned in the past year.

And also, that last bit makes it seem as though you're 100% sure of it as a statement of fact.

We've never really heard of any devkit going out with Jaguars in them, let alone any devkit prior to Prototype1.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
There is really no need for this type of language.Alex is doing a great job and we are glad to have him here.

Besides if Albert, who knows these things much better then all of us here combined, thought Jaguars were possible back in 2017 during design of console for 2019 launch, Alex obviously had a point to mention it as a distinct possibility as well.

Well the person making the PS5 that also made the PS4 and PS4 pro said that a new CPU is what should be a part of next gen .
Also what Albert has been saying in here people have been saying for months so i really don' know what shows he know more that everyone combine .

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I really can't see how we have a dev kit with a jaguar. How do we make sense of this? The earliest dev kit renditions should have been PC equivalents. Are there any more details you can elaborate on Dictator ?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Awaiting the greatness of more PS5 info from oficial channels (a PS Meeting, a State of Play, something…), because the future is coming… but maybe not today. But maybe sometimes, there are surprises, that come out of nowhere, so… who knows?!

Need the same but different but still the same gif updated to say today, but not today, but still today

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is what I want to know....

I hope on Resetera we are all treated equally. Equal regardless of whether we have a "Verified" tag or not next to our name.

Jun 23, 2019
Alright guys, chill out with the dogpile on Dictator. He's entitled to his opinions and speculation just like the rest of you are. Don't run more people out of the thread with your overzealous behavior.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
I don't think anyone level-headed thought that PS5 was being redesigned in the past year.
Reading this thread as of late, I see the idea of the redesign popping up again recently.
And also, that last bit makes it seem as though you're 100% sure of it as a statement of fact.

We've never really heard of any devkit going out with Jaguars in them, let alone any devkit prior to Prototype1.
There's no logical scenario where Jaguar is in a PS5 as the main CPU.
Take whatever you wish from my statements here, I am just stating what I know and how I connect the dots between them. The idea we mentioned in the past about Jaguar being in a devkit is a a real thing as far as I know, whether as the final CPU for the intended product or as a stop gap for the first dev kits that were out there for it.

Considering the timeline of when we heard about that, I also imagine it is not the next gen design we will be getting in 2020, since it was mainly scrapped and brought back to the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.