• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
Remember there were a lot of rumours about Sony buying Remedy a few months ago. And Shu was visiting their headquarters...

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Zk5Lvyk_d.jpg

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since we are on the topic of New Year's Eve in NYC, it takes a special type of person to say, "I think it'll be fun to stand outside in the freezing cold for an entire day to see a ball drop." I don't even think this has to do with tourists. I don't imagine myself booking a trip to Paris or any other famous city and saying, "gosh, I would LOVE to just stand outside in the freezing temp just to see a ball drop." Nah man, that's a special person. lol

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, there's no such thing as a "GCN TF". A TF is a TF.
What does that even mean? When people compare GCN and Navi performance there's always a coefficient but when it could mean that the XSX is less powerful than people hoped then suddenly there's no difference anymore?
Can someone explain that chain of thought to me?

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Imaginations be running wild.

Remedy already said they were bringing Control to the PS5, if there is some sort of private PS5 related event, it would make sense for Remedy to be there. Control already features raytracing on PC, it would be an opportunity to show PS5 raytracing capabilities.

respawnfirst.com

Remedy Explains What Control Will Be Like On PS5 - RespawnFirst

Control has already released on the current generation consoles but it is also coming to PS5 and Xbox Scarlett. Here is what the game is going to be like.
these changes will be awesome but will they come in a patch or an entirely new SKU?

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Imaginations be running wild.

Remedy already said they were bringing Control to the PS5, if there is some sort of private PS5 related event, it would make sense for Remedy to be there. Control already features raytracing on PC, it would be an opportunity to show PS5 raytracing capabilities.

respawnfirst.com

Remedy Explains What Control Will Be Like On PS5 - RespawnFirst

Control has already released on the current generation consoles but it is also coming to PS5 and Xbox Scarlett. Here is what the game is going to be like.
If you haven't played Control, do it.
these changes will be awesome but will they come in a patch or an entirely new SKU?
There is at least one (two ?) paid DLC scheduled for this year. They will probably released a new complete edition for Next Gen (and I am waiting it to jump in).
Remedy is 100% compatible in the PlayStation portfolio, almost too compatible.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
I always saw the strategy change as a long time coming ever since Satya took over. His Microsoft is a back to basics after the Ballmer era. Microsoft's massive fortune was made selling you software and services, not hardware. Xbox eventually pivoting to a play our software and services anywhere plan is honestly to be expected. It will earn the most potential money. Even Sony is open now to the idea that exclusives simply limit your earning potential.

That's not true though. The XBOX and Surface lines are excellent business and even better for branding and marketing.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I am sure that MS tried to buy Remedy but they refused.

Sam lake wants to go to sony.

It's sad because there was a real bromance between MS and Remedy teams in 360 era.

Hockeymac18

Nov 14, 2017
What does that even mean? When people compare GCN and Navi performance there's always a coefficient but when it could mean that the XSX is less powerful than people hoped then suddenly there's no difference anymore?
A terraflop is a theoretical measurement of compute power.

Or: "a unit of computing speed equal to one million million (1012) floating-point operations per second."

TFs are equivalent. What might not be equivalent are how well different hardware are ablevto meet those theoreticals. What you're really getting at is efficiency.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
There is at least one (two ?) paid DLC scheduled for this year. They will probably released a new complete edition for Next Gen (and I am waiting it to jump in).
Remedy is 100% compatible in the PlayStation portfolio, almost too compatible.
I'm personally waiting for it to hit Game Pass xD but if it doesn't by next month I'll pick up a copy. Thing is tho, if there's going to be a new SKU with changes I'm better off waiting again...

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018

A tf is a tf.

Just a navi tf gives more power then a gcn tf.

Cerny was speaking about that you need 8tf for ps4 graphics in 4k, it was during the gcn time, so you don't need 8 navi tf, because it is more efficient.
Aparently somewhere Spencer said xbox series x is 12tf. 12tf is 12tf. But i don't know where that Spencer comment is.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Sony announcement date alone will probably be In the top 10 biggest threads on Era, never mind the actual conference.

Dec 8, 2018
I am not saying that somehow Sony doesn't end up buying Remedy, but FWIW that poster said in their very first post when they joined the site just last Friday that they weren't joining to provide any type of private information or anything but to just talk with the community. So they definitely changed their tune very quickly if they are already trying to hint at such things :)

You really love to try to drive away anyone that puts information you don't like away from here don't you?

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
isnt remedy a public company so wouldnt we have heard stuff by now if sony had bought them

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
When someone discusses numbers for next gen, they aren't multiplying the performance increase percentage and using numbers like that. If they say 12tf, it's 12tf.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Why does Sony need "an event" in NYC to announce they are buying Remedy...?

They can send just a press release like what they did with Insomniac.

I don't think that they are buying Remedy. Sony has always acquired studios that they had partnered with and, in a sense, nurtured. Remedy and Sony are yet to collaborate on an exclusive. ..

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
You really love to try to drive away anyone that puts information you don't like away from here don't you?

Wow, what a stupid thing to say. It would likely be good for Remedy to be bought, not sure about whether it really adds too much to Sony given that they have such good coverage of that type of game genre anyway. But in terms of this poster I simply pointed out his own words when he joined on Friday, lol.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I am sure that MS tried to buy Remedy but they refused.

Sam lake wants to go to sony.

It's sad because there was a real bromance between MS and Remedy teams in 360 era.
For me it's just sad because MS is finally releasing their games on Steam as well while Sony still only release on PS Store. This is the backside of it all that everyone seems to forget, every dev Sony acquire at this point is literally a loss unless you're gaming on Playstation only, which few of us are. Best scenario would be if they were independent or if a multiplat publisher picked them up.

Livetohard378

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 17, 2019
A teraflop is like the wheels of a car.
The architecture whether it be GCN OR RDNA. Is the model of the car.
Newer GPU's don't need to hit higher numbers for better performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.