• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So if we don't get an announcement tomorrow that basically means no event in February.

Fingers crossed!

Jayembi

Jun 19, 2019
Features.

I'm sorry but you will have to wait. Also, my information ends in DK1, so it is currently outdated information. Also, I have already seen things that I did not plan to see. So it can be said that they will not disappoint. Personally I am afraid that, when the time comes, my brain is not prepared to assimilate what ND (for example) can do.

Is time to live.

Thanks for the reply. I also can't wait to see the next of ND in next gen. Greetings and I guess we are two that use the google translator. Haha

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He did not say a next gen is using Jaguar, he said one version of PS5 was rumored to use Jaguar like a rumor of some sort of PS4 Pro 2 idea rumor. I heard the rumor elsewhere than on era.

But this is probably false.
That sounds unequivocally like a lie, its always been MS's modus operandi. I dont believe for one second that was Sony's plan. Also, not a single insider, not even Jason has alluded to this and he said outright devs are unhappy about Lockhart, that its PS4 Pro level and a next gen baseline. If Sony planned such a thing, Jason would've heard about it.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
You're absolutely on point with this.

Interesting that this Tweet does match up to Github leaks, though. It's been pretty consistent at least.
If it's an entry in Colbert's table, it's not much of a coincidence. It's basically like playing the lottery but there's only about 10 or so reasonable entries, and everyone that guesses right gets to peddle phantom features for the next seven years.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
If that is true, 8.X TF GPU is more likely.
So in 2017 they decided to change from Jaguar to Zen CPU.
But then again. Even to consider Jaguar in 2017 is super weird. Everyone knew CPU and HDD was the big weakness of the current gen consoles.

Who said it is 2017? In the first Wired article, the R&D for PS5 began in 2015 and for example, all Sony SSD patents were filed in 2015 and 2016. They work on PS5 for a long time. Same out of Ghost of Tsushima but we know the game is in development since the end of Infamous Second Son, Sony did not present a new AAA game probably all the AAA game greenlight after 2016 will arrive on PS5.

Last edited:

BGs

3D-VFX Generalist and VR Developer
Verified
Jan 21, 2020
Before I leave, if I remember correctly, tomorrow there is a private event in the Sony Hall. It is public information. Maybe they announce home Remedies against anxiety.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
So if we don't get an announcement tomorrow that basically means no event in February.

Fingers crossed!

No. It means it won't be the first to second week of February. I think it's either going to be late Feb, or sometime in March right after GDC.

More than likely since GDC is so soon, people have been informed on what they can say about PS5. But the truth is they can't go any longer without some sort of info or State of play to tease more info to come. Unless they have another wired article planed. But seeing as Microsoft already showed their console, at this point with Godfall being shown last month, I believe puts more pressure on them to at least get out in front of all speculation and control the narrative as they have been.

Playboi Carti

Jan 1, 2018
Portugal
Maybe they announce home Remedies against anxiety.
e3ca08068a8f5a74b640bcb5982c9a08.jpg

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Remedy bought by sony confirmed

I'm waiting someone(s) posting something in the lines "maybe Remedy bought Sony" because some weird and far fetched inference from an old and unrelated rumour. And then, after a Sony press release, they'll double down on it, saying that it didn't state the buy out in this or that way.

And the whole madness go on to no end in sight.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, WindowsCentral has generally been pretty accurate with their information and they posted that the Series X is 12 TF. Digital Foundry later said they heard the same thing. This board puts a lot of stock in things that people like Klee and Jason Schrier say, so there's no reason that WindowsCentral and Digital Foundry shouldn't be given the same respect.
Now there's a level-headed response.

We have information from many sources, and there's clearly two sides that contradict each other.

Didn't Klee say it was 12 TF as well?

Indeed he did, at the same time re-iterating that PS5 was above that.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Features.

I'm sorry but you will have to wait. Also, my information ends in DK1, so it is currently outdated information. Also, I have already seen things that I did not plan to see. So it can be said that they will not disappoint. Personally I am afraid that, when the time comes, my brain is not prepared to assimilate what ND (for example) can do.

Is time to live.

psvr2 wishlist

-1440p per eye
- oled rgb stripe with high fill ratio
- 60/90/120hz panel
- adjustable for interpupillary distance (twin screens)
- inside out tracking like rift S/quest
- controllers like oculus touch
- controllers have haptics/resistive triggers like ds5
- single thin usb c cable to ps5 (port on front). No need for breakout box
- VRS/fixed foveated rendering for increased efficiency (not eye tracking)
- wireless module optional extra
- release fall 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.