• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Trolling; Long History of Trolling
God I wish this doom and gloom PS5 mentality would stop.

Since the weak ps5 rumor hasn't been based on one actual fact, let's instead look at the things we know to be true.

1. verified devs and industry vets have said ps5 is either very close in power or more powerful then Xbox.

2. Crazy Ken made the ps3 not Mark Cerny. So basing the fact that ps3 launches a year later because of the cell failing to do the tasks of a gpu fall on Sony under diff management.

3. Mark Cerny and his team have gone around to numerous studios asking for input. They've been doing this for years now. They did the same for the PS4 and we ended up with 8gig ram situation.

everyone calm the fuck down
4.Github

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
God I wish this doom and gloom PS5 mentality would stop.

Since there hasn't been one fact based on this weak ps5 theory let's instead look at the things we know to be true.

1. verified devs and industry vets have said ps5 is either very close in power or more powerful then Xbox.

2. Crazy Ken made the ps3 not Mark Cerny. So basing the fact that ps3 launches a year later because of the cell failing to do the tasks of a gpu fall on Sony under diff management.

3. Mark Cerny and his team have gone around to numerous studios asking for input. They've been doing this for years now. They did the same for the PS4 and we ended up with 8gig ram situation.

everyone calm the fuck down

Wasn't there a gdc poll recently? , the figures seemed fairly evenly split on what devs thought of both. If the ps5 was a bit of a turkey I think we would probably be hearing more about it. People love to gossip about a fuck up and drama.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
PS2/Xbox/Gamecube generation. Nintendo messed up with the format not the hardware or the games.

Xbox launched with strong titles and compelling service, PS2 did not launch with the greatest games, but within the first 6 months had Ace combat, devil may cry, mgs2, ico, ect.

This sounds like both will be on their game.

well that's only if you don't count the Dreamcast as being part of that generation.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
How reliable is dealer gaming YouTube channel. He claims something about series x being powerful.

Reliable in what sense? Just listening quickly to the opening to his latest video about the SSD speeds and it is a little embarrassing him attributing quotes to the wrong people.

He does seem to attract high up Xbox executives to his podcast.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, how could you screw it up the PS5, you would have to try really hard like smear shit on AMD designs. I just don't see how they could.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I honestly think both companies are purposely holding back next gen details because they are enjoying the immense hype surrounding these systems in threads like this. It's why we got partial specs. To keep people frantically trying to figure out what is going on.

Microsoft and Sony are both enjoying the hunger everyone has for these new systems and will wait as long as possible before giving us a clear picture. They will continue to drop tiny details for as long as possible to keep the hype train at full throttle.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
Not familiar with that time but fair do.

Ah, yeah good shout. Guess you could maybe say Duke controller was a balls up and true, Sony hit their stride eventually and rocketed, online was a bit wobbly but early days that gen. GameCube had some ace games. Short gen I suppose for those two.

To this day, the Duke is the most comfortable controller I've ever used by some margin.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Forgot about Sega. Did they screw up or just run out of money and couldn't overcome the PS2 hype and Sony.
Dreamcast was a great machine but they screwed up by not having a DVD drive, not getting EA sports games, people waiting for the PS2 before making a purchase decision amongst other things. The nail in the coffin was that it was too easy to pirate.

LordBlodgett

Jan 10, 2020
For easier visibility:

gVBcglH.jpg

1x5EZvx.jpg
This is a beautiful design, but I really cannot see it being real. Even at a bare minimum 9 TF this APU is going to need some serious cooling. This thing looks like it doesn't have any airflow at all......

disco_potato

Nov 16, 2017
he definitely knows people. but hes horrible to listen to imo. he had David Prien https://twitter.com/dprien?lang=en on last week to discuss next gen
Sure, he knows people. MS isn't shy about the various twitter personalities they give special treatment to.

Because github was tied to Sony?
github means jack, and has no ties to anyone
yeah I forgot github had evidence showing that the apu tested was in fact a ps5 lol
/s?
There's no denying ariel/oberon are tied to sony. Argue that the info is out of date, not who it is or isn't tied to.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Haha, this went from being strange to me to being funny.

Ok, so the SeX is locked at 12TF, has anyone noticed how the SeS s creeping up to 7TF and expected to retail for $299 and the PS5 is dropping from whatever to 8TF and lower?
Separate the goddamned threads already.
I couldn't agree more.

The amount of subversive drive-by trolling going on in these threads is ridiculous.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I honestly think both companies are purposely holding back next gen details because they are enjoying the immense hype surrounding these systems in threads like this. It's why we got partial specs. To keep people frantically trying to figure out what is going on.

Microsoft and Sony are both enjoying the hunger everyone has for these new systems and will wait as long as possible before giving us a clear picture. They will continue to drop tiny details for as long as possible to keep the hype train at full throttle.

I don't think it's any of this. I think we're just hyper-aware of the timing and obsessed with what we know *right now.*

But if Sony waits until the week before E3 to do a 90-minute presentation on PS5 and the upcoming games, waiting until then isn't going to hurt the console one single bit, and by launch we'll have forgotten about everything related to the "delayed announcement" other than the questionably-fun times we enjoyed in this thread.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Haha, this went from being strange to me to being funny.

Ok, so the SeX is locked at 12TF, has anyone noticed how the SeS s creeping up to 7TF and expected to retail for $299 and the PS5 is dropping from whatever to 8TF and lower?

Yeah, it's a bit of a turnaround from Lockhart being dropped because Sony had taken the power crown and killed their sandwich strategy.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Man, we just need legitimate specs reveal and information because all of the "leaks" and stuff is just annoying at this point because you know that it is highly unlikely that any one of these people who like to talk has the full picture of both sides no matter what they are sharing from their limited information. And I think that is probably even more true this time given how tight spec leaks information has been this time so far.

When all of the dust settles I pretty much expect great consoles from both that have some interesting focus areas for both the hardware and software/services. My guess is that Sony is going for the slightly cheaper option than the Xbox Series X (Microsoft wouldn't shoot this high without the cheaper SKU of course either) that will be a little less powerful on paper with raw specs, but I do think that they will be touting the SSD implementation quite a bit as rumored. However, I think that both will have something unique/special sauce to talk about regarding their SSD integration when you consider the multiple references to it during the Project Scarlett E3 trailer and Tom Warren's tweets about them doing things with it to enable developers to load data structures larger than the available GPU memory.

Oct 30, 2017

I think they are just finalizing a lot of details before unveiling their information.

Specs, controller, case, games, features, release date, etc. It just makes sense to have things in place before announcing.
And yes, they will tease out information to let people digest and keep them hungry for more.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Can't wait til all the specs come out and they are within 10% of each other. All this would have been nonsense and comical.

Oct 26, 2017
Have to say that almost all of the leaks and rumors in here have been really straw-grasping for a while now in every direction. Hope the systems are revealed soon.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Have to say that almost all of the leaks and rumors in here have been really straw-grasping for a while now in every direction. Hope the systems are revealed soon.
Almost whatever happens now it seems like there's gonna be a few surprises. Which is a good position to be in. Fingers crossed we don't go through all this waiting and then have all the major bombs leaked just hours ahead of the actual event. I'm waiting in anticipation of finally seeing and hearing more about these new consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.