• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Like earlier when you rushed to announce a Playstation Event date to the Gaming Forum instead of taking one moment to do a google search on what that event actually was?

Believe it or not, many times we are indeed joking. Take a deep breath and relax.
I actually opened my phone and went on the Playstation Experience app and saw it there. How the fuck was I supposed to know it was some random event in Japan?

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
Not from Sony, PS1 was release in December and PS2 in march, both 3 and 4 on November. In october they can release on the 30, since it is a friday.
IF there is an October PS5 launch, I really see that hurting Cyberpunk sales. Why would anyone planning to buy a PS5 buy a game made for the PS4 a month earlier, knowing a PS5 version of the game likely won't be free?

Jan 20, 2019
IF there is an October PS5 launch, I really see that hurting Cyberpunk sales. Why would anyone planning to buy a PS5 buy a game made for the PS4 a month earlier, knowing a PS5 version of the game likely won't be free?

PS5 has BC with the ps4, not reason to hurt the sales.

The only difference is that some peopel will wait 1 month to buy the game and im prety sure that CPR will have a patch ready.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
A google search. I immediately did the same and posted the Gematsu article moments later. It was the first "news" hit.
I was excited because it was real. Unlike these fake insiders people oggle over.

I don't care. I made a mistake but justifiably.

I get that everyones excited and just wants news but like I need to contain myself in some ways, others here do too.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
If you say so. And I don't fall for things as easily as some people do here. I enjoy the thread when it's not bullshit.

And you obviously weren't here when everyone instantly thought Lintend could be an insider. If they were joking I missed it.

Don't go spouting stuff either when you don't have the full story. Cheers.

A few pages ago you called all members "foolish as fuck". I understand the frustration that arises when any drop of random information creates waves upon waves of presumably unwarranted cycle of responses. But that is the nature of this "speculation" thread. Your abrasiveness, even in response to me, feels excessive given we are all in it in this together and some of us learn to sift through what is worth pursuing without the need to denigrate this thread and/or all its participating members.

I do not think especially you were addressed by that comment. I see you trying to have a technology conversation ongoing. However the last pages was mostly insider this and there talk.

Oh, indeed. Feels like we can have more than one pronged approach in this thread. I generally tend to lurk and (generally) avoid all the insider related talk because it's beyond my purview and folks who want to talk technology can do so and all the surrounding noise.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Sony have said officially it'll launch 2020 right? So thats just Curry's trying to get your name on a mailing list as early as possible - doesn't mean anything

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
A few pages ago you called all members "foolish as fuck". I understand the frustration that arises when any drop of random information creates waves upon waves of presumably unwarranted cycle of responses. But that is the nature of this "speculation" thread. Your abrasiveness, even in response to me, feels excessive given we are all in it in this together and some of us learn to sift through what is worth pursuing without the need to denigrate this thread and/or all its participating members.

I explained myself after that. The post got no attention on reddit so I thought it was fake and then I confirmed it myself.

That's fair though. I'll stand down.

It's really frustrating.

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
Will 100m PS4 owners buy a PS5 at launch?
PS5 has BC with the ps4, not reason to hurt the sales.

The only difference is that some peopel will wait 1 month to buy the game and im prety sure that CPR will have a patch ready.
BC does not mean the PS5 version won't be much better than a PS4 version of game playable on the PS5. I mean, we've already heard rumors about it being unplayable on the PS4. And who says that upgrade "patch" will be free?

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I think Godfall PS5(based from trailer) release game is just another slash looter. Graphics are nice but nothing stands out as amazing neverseen next gen graphics. People that are keep saying graphics will get a lot better because its only alpha/old trailer,well let me tell you after almost 20years of playing and following video games alpha/beta graphics are ALMOST the same as final build, so that "it's only a beta" is crap most of the time. There's higher chance it will get downgraded than upgraded graphically.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I explained myself after that. The post got no attention on reddit so I thought it was fake and then I confirmed it myself.

That's fair though. I'll stand down.

It's really frustrating.

If the worst comes to worst and Sony wait until around GDC then we have another month of radio silence, it doesn't seem too bad to me.

We have almost made it bar it getting delayed.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
If the worst comes to worst and Sony wait until around GDC then we have another month of radio silence, it doesn't seem too bad to me.

We have almost made it bar it getting delayed.
I really honestly just want to step away from this thread, but for some reason I just can't. I always find my way back.

I close one tab and then another pops up and they multiply from there. I really don't want to self ban I've always been able to control myself, but there's just something about this thread that destroys my self control.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I think Godfall PS5(based from trailer) release game is just another slash looter. Graphics are nice but nothing stands out as amazing neverseen next gen graphics. People that are keep saying graphics will get a lot better because its only alpha/old trailer,well let me tell you after almost 20years of playing and following video games alpha/beta graphics are ALMOST the same as final build, so that "it's only a beta" is crap most of the time. There's higher chance it will get downgraded than upgraded graphically.
I would disagree. Its usually the promotional vertical slices that feature unrealistic graphics.

That 2018 internal build was rougher than the latest 2019 gif. Its going to have plenty of polish come release. This game is expected to look nice with ray tracing and tons of particle effects while delivering 60 fps in a fun co-op experience. No, its not Hellbalde 2 or HZD2, nor is it intended to be a visual or story telling showcase.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017

Literally nobody claimed it was a showpiece for next gen visuals. Also, I can't see anything in there that would really need downgraded, but also we haven't really seen current / extended gameplay. So as with other stuff, might as well wait and see.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really honestly just want to step away from this thread, but for some reason I just can't. I always find my way back.

I close one tab and then another pops up and they multiply from there. I really don't want to self ban I've always been able to control myself, but there's just something about this thread that destroys my self control.
We are all reaching Klee level of frustration haha

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

I close one tab and then another pops up and they multiply from there. I really don't want to self ban I've always been able to control myself, but there's just something about this thread.

If you like new consoles it's the thread to be in, it's one of only a few I visit on gaming side, it's fun even if I don't understand half of the tech stuff.

Oct 27, 2017

In the words of Geoff Keighley:

"Because sometimes.... there are things.... not leaked... that came out of nowhere"

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like insiders are being more cautious since the switch "leaks" which included a lot of insiders sharing incorrect info and getting called out on it

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know why this one cracks me up 😂

678L8or_d.jpg
😂

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely know nothing, so not able to help out and even if I did I wouldn't say anything as I like my job!

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
A crazy idea but what would prevent Sony from releasing on PS Now a demo of PS5 games at same time as event.

Well, they don't have to sell you on new game concepts: games will play the same for the most part, except for the new controller features (that you wouldn't be able to try anyway).
they have to sell you on the graphical upgrade, and that is much better demonstrated through UHD HDR footage.
Hopefully higher bitrate than YouTube.

I think they need PS5 enhanced Vs PS4 comparisons

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
Based on having looked back at a couple of the other OTs and seeing the number of banned users, those who make it through to the reveal will be the equivalent of the last bloodied and bruised people standing at the end of a war movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.