• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the PS5 reveal will take place?

• January

Votes: 6 0.3%
  • February

Votes: 1,172 65.7%
  • March

Votes: 273 15.3%
  • April

Votes: 81 4.5%
  • May

Votes: 116 6.5%
  • June

Votes: 48 2.7%
  • Later

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
One would presume the intent is that in the console, unlike a separate dedicated SSD drive, the SSD controller doesn't have it's own dedicated DRAM pool, but will use a portion of the main system RAM pool (possibly a partition of the OS reservation).

Ah, okay, that's what I thought. I didn't realize that bespoke memory controller would have be developed for integration in a closed spec box.

Thank you.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Reactions on Era when Sony finally shows off the PS5 in all its glory:

Sony fans:
giphy.gif

MS fans:
giphy.gif

PC fans:
giphy.gif

Nintendo fans:
giphy.gif

Stadia fans:
giphy.gif

very much accurate I would say :p

Premium

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NC
If you really think so you should just shut up and don't talk about Sony.
It's funny that most of the conversation on internet communities revolve around Sony that announced nothing while the XSX buzz got settled very quickly.
What kind of mayhem happens if Sony announces nothing before the release of Ghost of Tushima in this summer?

Is this some sort of parody account to highlight the silliness of console fanboys? Pretty spot on if so.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
One would presume the intent is that in the console, unlike a separate dedicated SSD drive, the SSD controller doesn't have it's own dedicated DRAM pool, but will use a portion of the main system RAM pool (possibly a partition of the OS reservation).
Wait, shouldn't it supposed to be the contrary ? Like the SSD was supposed to be some additional main memory ? Also, I assume the CPU (or GPU) will have to take care of the whole compression, decompression stuff (like it was hinted by an insider long ago). Seems the SSD will take, CPU, memory and even maybe GPU resources on Scarlett.

Pat002

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
An lol reaction to an lol reaction gif is a bold statement? Come now.
We're starving here, we're HUNGRY, anything it's a clue! This means that Ps5 > Xbox Series X!
Jokes aside, we've already seen how the least amount of info can turn this community into a hypemachine and will continue to happen till Sony announces the Meeting.

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
I hope we actually get to see anything next month, we are running out of January for the invites and I don't think I can make it until May.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
Slightly off-topic, but I'd want this Guy to talk about next-gen info the same way he talks about the Galaxy S20 leaks

Deleted member 62280

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 18, 2019
From my experience here it takes very little to get the extreme fans into a tizzy people with verified tags should be mindful of their words especially in here. Not saying anyone is wrong but maybe put a /s or joking idk.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
idk mannnnn, the nicolas cafe gif for ps5, nervous george for xsx, era going down due to awesomeness w/ the PS5

Not bold per say, but definitely definitive
We're starving here, we're HUNGRY, anything it's a clue! This means that Ps5 > Xbox Series X!
Jokes aside, we've already seen how the least amount of info can turn this community into a hypemachine and will continue to happen till Sony announces the Meeting.

yeah don't read too much into the tea leaves. ;)

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks everyone!

Sorry for the delay in posting OT10, I've just been a bit busy lately. I also always want to add some content to the next thread instead of copying and pasting the previous one.

What do people feel about these poll ideas?

Hehe, I did threadmark the first one but I've changed it to this post now!
The polls are ways fun too.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
very much accurate I would say :p
What next-gen games have you been testing...? What do you know?!
tumblr_inline_mpy8ildz451qz4rgp.gif

I'm not going crazy... Not at all.

Edit:
Sorry, gl0w, had to dig through your stuff... 🙃🙁
Heavy rain predicted for February, according to forecast. :)
consider "rain" as information :)
Heavy rain (the game) was released in februrary, 23, 2010. yes!

CosmicBolt

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 28, 2017
Interesting. So if I'm looking at that resume on the last page and this chart correctly. The series X should be 3.6GB/s read and 2.2GB/s write?
3.6Gb/s read is for 2TB SSD. Series X will probably have 1TB SSD, so most likely less than 3.6GB/s.

Edit: maybe I'm incorrect.

Last edited:

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
Cerny did say that the PS5 drive was faster than anything on the market during the Wired interview which, if I recall correctly and I may not, would mean it would be a minimum of 4.5GB/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.