• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will the first 'next gen' console be revealed?

• First half of 2019

Votes: 593 15.6%
  • Second half of 2019(let's say post E3)

Votes: 1,361 35.9%
  • First half of 2020

Votes: 1,675 44.2%
  • 2021 :^)

Votes: 161 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Antagonizing other members over a series of posts and consistent pattern of system warring despite previous warnings and bans
First I don't know where you got that 500k in UK figure from my post, because I said 1 million, so I've adjusted the figures for you.

Analysts have access to data from other regions that we don't, which is why their estimates become news and generally accepted.

Also, I find it hilarious how even your estimating with zero data to back it up, like the figures you just pulled out of the air for the "rest of european countries" that "must of" sold x amount, and doing the same thing for Canada (historically doing well in the 360 era has no bearing on how well the xb1 is doing now, xb1 is pretty damn unpopular around here), Australia and the asian countries still led you to a 6.65 million (adjusted 7.15 million) total for the XB1 worldwide. Meaning the rest of the world outside of UK + US only accounted for 1.85 million.

1.85 million for the rest of the world outside UK + US is still pretty damn dead, especially when that rest of the world includes the likes of Germany, France.

That equates to only 25.8% of sales being from every single region/country in the world except UK + US.

But anyways, even going off of the zhuge estimates (rather than try to conjuring up numbers for regions with no info and baseless assumptions) it would mean that even if the xb1 sold 5 million in 2019, and 4 million in 2020, it would still hit the 50 million mark by the end of this gen (and it'll sell a bit more once the next-gen systems are out as well, so 50+ when all is said and done). I agree with you there.
Great post this guy is spreading false numbers for Xbox install base in the last pages.

Creating numbers from his minds and trying to misslead the small base that Xbox has.

Xbox one is a total failure outside US and UK. It is a reality.

Feb 10, 2018
There is correct numbers. You just don't believe them and are spreading false information.

I hope mods act.

There is the 2nd time you make accusations without showing any quotes.

You can't even say what this false information is.....

I hope the mods act with you.

Great post this guy is spreading false numbers for Xbox install base in the last pages.

Creating numbers from his minds and trying to misslead the small base that Xbox has.

Now this is spreading false information

Evangelista

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Y
There is the 2nd time you make accusations without showing any quotes.

You can't even say what this false information is.....

I hope the mods act with you.

Now this is spreading false information
Your numbers are wrong and you are arguing against the correct numbers. Against everyone in this thread. I showed you the thread with the correct numbers and you are turning pages and more pages in a thread not about sales with fake numbers.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
There is correct numbers. You just don't believe them and are spreading false information.

I hope mods act.

You "hope mods act?"

Should they act on you derailing this thread with console warrior bullshit with no correlation to the OP?

Should they act on you harassing our regular members like Nibel and even Zhuge on Twitter with rabid Sony fanboy drivel, impervious to the fact that you have the same username, profile pic, and such as on here? How about you being one of the trolls to make our very own Benji quit Twitter for a while?

Or how you harassed Cory Barlog (GoW) because he had a picture of his son playing his Xbox One on Twitter, but then cried to the mods here that you were being harassed by people calling you out and how that was not you?

Should they act on you being blatantly transparant with your Gamefaqs/N4G immature warzzz bullshit? Following Era members just to spam them with childish shit?

Grow up, and stop derailing another thread.

Golvellius

Banned
Dec 3, 2017

How is the situation in Mexico?

Edit:
From 2016:

According to data from The Competitive Intelligence Unit (CIU), Microsoft has the highest amount of market share in the Central American country with a total percentage 57.9%.
https://www.xboxenthusiast.com/2016...percentage-of-console-market-share-in-mexico/

I hope the mods act fast to prevent you from spreading more misinformation.

Barsi

alt account
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
You "hope mods act?"

Should they act on you derailing this thread with console warrior bullshit with no correlation to the OP?

Should they act on you harassing our regular members like Nibel and even Zhuge on Twitter with rabid Sony fanboy drivel, impervious to the fact that you have the same username, profile pic, and such as on here? How about you being one of the trolls to make our very own Benji quit Twitter for a while?

Or how you harassed Cory Barlog (GoW) because he had a picture of his son playing his Xbox One on Twitter, but then cried to the mods here that you were being harassed by people calling you out and how that was not you?

Should they act on you being blatantly transparant with your Gamefaqs/N4G immature warzzz bullshit? Following Era members just to spam them with childish shit?

I think the other guy who brought sales number. This guy was just answering so what you are saying is incorrect.

The other guy brought that and I'm sorry to you guys for arguing with him and desrail the thread.

But your post don't make sense and are protecting the one who brought console war sales here. Just see the last pages.

I think you have your agenda against this guy with quotes who doesn't make sense with this thread.

But the other guy were derailing this thread with sales subtopic.

Last edited:

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
You "hope mods act?"

I don't know who started what but these examples are gross. Lmao, wow

Is that rumor getting a second wind?

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Those supposed damn GDC leaks that were supposed to happen and never did is to blame for all these sales non sense talks . I recommend we have to wait till around June for the first leak

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
You "hope mods act?"

These are some deep cuts lol

Those supposed damn GDC leaks that were supposed to happen and never did is to blame for all these sales non sense talks . I recommend we have to wait till around June for the first leak

Fucking lol

Anyone expecting leaks just because GDC came and went is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Playboi Carti

Jan 1, 2018
Portugal
I was about to make a thread about this but I realized I can't make threads just yet due to account limitations so I'll just leave this here.

I was about to ask what is the general consensus here about color branding on next generation consoles. Playstation currently sits on blue with the PS4 and Xbox on green with the Xbox One or black with the X.

Will PS5 be branded with another color (and if so, what color do you guys think they should go with) or will they stick to the same old blue? Same question applies to Xbox.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
I was about to make a thread about this but I realized I can't make threads just yet due to account limitations so I'll just leave this here.

I was about to ask what is the general consensus here about color branding on next generation consoles. Playstation currently sits on blue with the PS4 and Xbox on green with the Xbox One or black with the X.

Will PS5 be branded with another color (and if so, what color do you guys think they should go with) or will they stick to the same old blue? Same question applies to Xbox.

I don't think there's a chance that either will change. The branding is too strong. Well for sure Sony won't and while I assume MS wouldn't either they may try some wild shit one day. But things will more than likely stay the same.

Feb 10, 2018
What I'm excited about is advances in software.
Things like photogrammetry, A. I created environments, advancements in camera motion tracking.

Techs like these will enable richer games to be made on a smaller budget and even more impressive games with large budgets.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
You "hope mods act?"

Damn bro!!! Total roast. Best post I've seen in a long time !!!

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Sony are teasing the PS5 get excited everyone!
happy april fools, i really just want us to move away from the toxic discussion in the last few pages
Makes me hopeful sony might be planning for something big for 25th anniversary

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
What I'm excited about is advances in software.
Things like photogrammetry, A. I created environments, advancements in camera motion tracking.

Techs like these will enable richer games to be made on a smaller budget and even more impressive games with large budgets.

I think getting consoles up to speed with some decent CPUs should go a long way for games. It should really open up what larger devs are wanting to do with their titles and have the compute power necessary to help handle more advanced in game techniques or drive framerates up because that bottleneck will have been alleviated for a little while.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017

happy april fools, i really just want us to move away from the toxic discussion in the last few pages

If Spring 2020, 25th anniversary would be the ideal place/time to announce.

Evangelista

Banned
Aug 21, 2018

Edit:
From 2016:

According to data from The Competitive Intelligence Unit (CIU), Microsoft has the highest amount of market share in the Central American country with a total percentage 57.9%.
https://www.xboxenthusiast.com/2016...percentage-of-console-market-share-in-mexico/

I'm talking based on Zhuge numbers. So if is miss information there is a thread here about you can go there and say he is bringing missinformation.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Edit:
From 2016:

just correcting, mexico is not a central american country, its a north american one

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom

I still highly believe that there's a correlation between PlayStation's 25th anniversary on December this year and the PS5's announcement, i'd be shocked if Sony didn't announce the PS5 at PSX 2019 this year to commemorate 25 years of PlayStation.

Feb 10, 2018
I still highly believe that there's a correlation between PlayStation's 25th anniversary on December this year and the PS5's announcement, i'd be shocked if Sony didn't announce the PS5 at PSX 2019 this year to commemorate 25 years of PlayStation.

I think if we hear nothing by the time E3 has passed then a Feb 2020 announcement is likely.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
If Spring 2020, 25th anniversary would be the ideal place/time to announce.
assuming late 2020 (i am still on team spring but some things like the lack of leaks and other reasons are swaying me towards late 2020 now), what that sony can do is hold a PSX for the last big games etc. and then in the last few minutes they show a teaser with all the previous playstation console and with a "find out whats next for the future fo playstation on february [insert date] playstation meeting"

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's not do this here. We are all here for spec talk and tflops. The console war bullshit is just going to create division in a thread that doesn't need one.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Whats the tflop count on a rtx 2070? I am trying to future proof my pc
if you want to future proof your PC, then what i would do is wait a year after the next generation consoles launch and then buy the components.
but to answer your question, NVidia cards have a lower TF count than AMD cards, but perform much better, so the comparison just with flops wouldnt be accurate.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
if you want to future proof your PC, then what i would do is wait a year after the next generation consoles launch and then buy the components.
but to answer your question, NVidia cards have a lower TF count than AMD cards, but perform much better, so the comparison just with flops wouldnt be accurate.
interesting. Whats the release date for the navi GPUs? My CPU etc are really good, I just need a good gpu

Status
Not open for further replies.