• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will the first 'next gen' console be revealed?

• First half of 2019

Votes: 593 15.6%
  • Second half of 2019(let's say post E3)

Votes: 1,361 35.9%
  • First half of 2020

Votes: 1,675 44.2%
  • 2021 :^)

Votes: 161 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
qzhzli0muklt.png

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
I must be the only person expecting an 8Tf Lockheart, lol.

I'm there with you. My current prediction is for 48 CU between 1325 and 1465 mhz, though I think 40 CU is possible as well. That puts it between 6.8 and 9.0TF.

The clocks in my prediction seem high, but I think it's possible, considering what we know is already possible on 16nm with the 1X. I think all the work on thermals, power, and cooling that was engineered for the One X can be directly applied to the new consoles and improved upon. I figured 1172 MHZ clocks on the 1X with a 25% increase is 1465, so that's the top end of my prediction for a console give what we know about 7nm. I'm expecting the GPU clocks on Lockhart and Anaconda to be the same, with each units GPU just differing based on compute unit count.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
man this was so surprising.
i think the most interesting thing about all of this, is that none of the usual high level insiders on this forum dismissed it immediately. the only one was jason.
it just supports what i have been talking about for the past week.
the lockdown mode is real.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
#Team2019 almost had a collective heart attack. Amazing stuff.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
The period until reveal will be quite rough I suspect.
I'm not going to trust anything until there is something official lol

We've had two fake leaks in two days, one for each system...

But I have to admit I was had for a second with the playstation thing.

Deleted member 38397

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
seems that the rumors are the reveal is around may - sept reveal then?

And they're going to keep us waiting for 12-18 months afterwards? Hope not. If they really are going to stick to an Apple-type launch, then it'll be a September 2019 reveal with pre-orders open immediately for general release in November 2019.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
And they're going to keep us waiting for 12-18 months afterwards? Hope not. If they really are going to stick to an Apple-type launch, then it'll be a September 2019 reveal with pre-orders open immediately for general release in November 2019.
tbh, it seems most of the rumors are centered around a mid 2019 reveal with an early 2020 release right now. the fact that none of the era insiders denied it just shows that they also heard the reveal is fairly soon.

OP
OP
Phoenix Splash
Mar 23, 2018
Don't know if this has been posted

Edit: it seems it has been translated from Japanese so there are some spelling mistakes

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/akqdr8/new_ps5_info_leaked/

Summary:

PS5 official information from Sony not soon (Sony will not participate in E3). Announcement - "Apple" type more than release. I will even say official announcement in PSX in the first quarter of 2020.
Sony will be a little quiet this year

- PS5 99% release, November 2020
- Backward compatibility
- Physics game & PS store
-ps plus and ps plus premium (premium beta early access, private server creation, 4k free remaster)
-specs custom CPU ryzen [email protected]
GPU Navi architecture 10TF, Sony in conjunction with Amd for Navi, more raytracing, but that is not the focus.
os 16GB Gddr6 + 4gb ddr4, a new mem controller for os ram, we already have 32 GB development kits
- 8k up scaling
-2 tb hdd Some NAND flash
2020 - PSVR 2, ps 5, resolution boost, 90 - 120 hz, 220 view, eye tracking, some foveate rendering, wireless, headphone integration, less movement, no breaker box, cable management for much less aaa games Focus on VR, price is around 349 $
-dualshock 5, inside the camera for VR, usb-c
- Price 399 dollars, original loss of 40 to 60 dollars per console

Ps4 exclusive release game I know

Gran Turismo Sports has better graph.fidelity, ray tracing, complete VR support.
Pubg remaster 4k f2p using ps + only with ps5
Our last 2 ps 4 / ps 5
Tsushima Ghost ps 4 / ps 5
First 6 months + 2 AAA games + psvr 2 games

Non-limiting ps5 game 2020

Battlefield Bad Company 3 established in Vietnam, already developed for 2 years
Harry potter
cyber punk
Gta 6 has heard rumors about Miami and New York, the two largest cities so far probably have not heard anything related to ps 4, a 2021 holiday

This is so safe that I'm gonna call it not real because it's so boring, hahahaha!

seems that the rumors are the reveal is around may - sept reveal then?

Summer reveal seems right for a first half 2020 release

Albert Penello

Verified
Nov 2, 2017
Redmond, WA
Last time my 5 minutes of internet fame didn't work out so well.

I can be excited by what the upgrades in Next Gen consoles will bring from a graphics standpoint and still say that the realities of the business might not allow for the crazy raw numbers or HW upgrades some people are thinking.

But there there are folks on here who are thinking about this the right way IMHO. And I think Richard made some great points around how consoles tend to punch above their weight in graphics, so I'm still really bullish on what will come with the new machines.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Last time my 5 minutes of internet fame didn't work out so well.

I can be excited by what the upgrades in Next Gen consoles will bring from a graphics standpoint and still say that the realities of the business might not allow for the crazy raw numbers or HW upgrades some people are thinking.

But there there are folks on here who are thinking about this the right way IMHO. And I think Richard made some great points around how consoles tend to punch above their weight in graphics, so I'm still really bullish on what will come with the new machines.

Thanks for the insight

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
it should be considered that what this drunk cat user is saying fits the reddit leak again about a mid 2019 reveal.

Dec 31, 2017
tbh, it seems most of the rumors are centered around a mid 2019 reveal with an early 2020 release right now. the fact that none of the era insiders denied it just shows that they also heard the reveal is fairly soon.
I'm surprised they haven't kept to their February reveal like they did with PS4, although if they launch in March I could see them revealing in just a few months.

If dev kits are already in hands and the console is Bc with at least ps4 (both next gen consoles should be imo) then it's not impossible, although I don't know how much of a power difference it will make with the upcoming Xbox Two.

SR7212

Avenger
Aug 17, 2018
My eyes damn near popped out of my head. Wow they are really going for 2019 I thought.

I was so unprepared for this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.