• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CasualMaso

Banned
May 12, 2022
Space
Man I can't WAIT! These dudes are gonna BLOW us away when they show Gears 6. Really curious how they will execute their story with Kait and all šŸ§

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Cool stuff. After replaying them, I've realised that I enjoyed the Gears games more and more as they've gone on.

Had a fun time with 5 and I'm real interested to see how they go on with it.

I reckon as a multiplayer mode it would be alright.

But like, Gears minus the Locust/Swarm would just be grizzled American sounding dudes shooting at grizzled vaguely Russian sounding dudes.
It would be more vehicle-focused as well. Also having a BF game with heavier violence etc would make it pretty unique. Also having actual objectives and not just running around a small arena would be interesting.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Huh... I'm surprised they're not further along at this point. Maybe those Gears of War collection rumors are true after all.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
So we're at least 2-3 years away (2024) for a release date. Maybe ready for the Series X Pro. ;)

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I don't have much hope for the campaign. 5 kind of made me feel like they don't have many creative ideas.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
It would be more vehicle-focused as well. Also having a BF game with heavier violence etc would make it pretty unique. Also having actual objectives and not just running around a small arena would be interesting.
Fair enough. It could be interesting. I'm not sure how well the idea of a big open (or open ish) map would translate to Gears gameplay but it would certainly lower the amount of people running around with the shotgun.

Thinking on the Battlefield stuff, they could do an alright single player campaign with cues from those games. Either pre or post Emergence day. Something similar to Bad Company style thing or even go with the Battlefield 1 thing and have mini campaigns focusing on different groups and battles. Rather than focusing on COG as the "good guys"

OP
OP
Strifel

Strifel

Oct 13, 2021
Agreed. I want that feeling when I saw the 1st trailer along with the promo pics of all those hands reaching out to Fenix while shooting, and the only light shown was the flash from his muzzle reflecting on his face. Blew me away -

I loved the promo pics of the first game, so hype inducing.

f66b5422066bedc0eaa32bdd6a6c9b6b2ff7ecfc.jpeg

Pancracio17

ā–² Legend ā–²
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I get that, but it's been over two years since Gears 5 was released. I would have assumed that they had started doing some stuff like gameplay animations at this point. I might be completely wrong about how production works though.
They can reuse all the gears 5 stuff for that cant they? Though I do think its a bit late.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
They can either check your save and carry-over or they can do a flashback at the beginning and you have to do it again.
Huh.. that's... an interesting idea. That could definitely happen. I wonder if they choose to do a direct sequel or not.

Personally, I'm quite interested in where the story goes from here. There's some interesting stuff I want resolved!