• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kemiko

Oct 5, 2018
Great to see them trying a different style of game. Although I hope they have a slightly less ambiguous ending to their next game!

Joris-truly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
Like some on here mentioned, Playdead sorta is the European equivalent of Team Ico (GenDesign). So.. i hope it's still minimal and good at telling a story through play/interaction.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Can't wait for this. Limbo and Inside are two of my favourite games of all time.
tenor.gif

Just last week I recommended Inside to someone and cited it's length as a highpoint. Games you can beat in 10 hours kick ass.
4 hours.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Soul Reaver is open-world and a completionist run takes 14.5 hours (according to HLTB)
You mean Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver? I would not call that game open world. It is far more like a Metroid style continuous world, which is objectively the best type of world for single player games. If Playdead is doing a Dark Souls or Metroid style "open world" sign me up.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The pictures in the OP certainly capture the mood that Limbo and Inside had going for them. I approve.

also lol at the people freaking out over the "open-world" mention. I have full confidence that the Playdead DNA will be fully intact.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As a proud owner of a huddle realdoll, I couldn't be more there for this. Concept art is gorgeous. Get me some prints of that, Cook & Becker!

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Same style as previous games with no colours? I was fine with 2 games like that before but I wished for a little change now. I hope it will be good anyway.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a sucker for concept art but I've enjoyed the heck out of all their games so I'm extra in.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Based on that screenshot and the previous hints about genre I think Playdead has a solid shot of holding onto their cherished "100% calder Approval Rating"

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
Very excited.

IMO Inside is low key the best video game ever made. It achieves everything it sets out to do with heart, precision and perfection. There's not a single flaw, ugly texture or bug to be found.

Nov 2, 2017
Bought and replayed limbo so many damn times from consoles to my phone, and inside was wild. I can't wait and that pic has me super hyped!

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
After their two previous games, I've full trust in whatever they do. INSIDE in particular was such an amazing ride.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't we see this game already? A family running from robots or aliens or something... set in the UK?