• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I mean...
I see no reason for N not to release Twilight Princess and Wind Waker HD right from the WiiU remakes that were both pretty great.
Then include OOT and Majora's Mask in a similar fashion to today's announcement - only a resolution bump nothing else.
If they got really crazy we could get Zelda 1-3 as well but I'm not sure they will give us that many games in 1 compilation.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well get a Zelda collection and it'll be:

Ocarina of time
Wind waker
Twilight princess

But it'll be uprezzed versions of their original releases instead.

yes I'm salty we're getting Mario 64 instead of ds

Oct 24, 2019
That's way to many games for 60$

In a fair world it wouldn't be, considering that Nintendo is just porting them with minimal changes/upgrades.

We got 3 Crash remakes for $40. Same for Spyro.

A collection of 5 lazy Zelda ports, NOT remakes, shouldn't exceed $60. The Mario collection they put together should be $40, not $60, but sadly the Nintendo tax is in full effect

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Hopefully more than mario's 35th was. I mean paper mario was great but the collection seems to lack soul. To me it just looks like 3 roms dumped on a switch cartridge, mario 64 doesnt even run in widescreen while sunshine does. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

If they do a collection style game please use the grezzo remakes and dont just dump n64 roms on a switch cart.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

cdigs

Apr 4, 2019
I just want special/collector's editions of the Zelda games. I'm ashamed to admit that I would spend an ungodly amount of money if each of the Zelda re-releases had one.

Why is Nintendo scared to take my money?

StarErik

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, seeing that they did nothing to Super Mario 64, I'd rather just have them do an N64 app for Switch Online and include those.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I don't see why not. It's not like they have any reason to let 3DS have all the sales anymore. Bare minimum, we get ports of the Wii U Twilight/Wind Waker games

I think this plus the long-ago rumored Link to the Past remake done in Link's Awakening remake style, and maybe ports of the 3DS Oot and MM remakes on Switch.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
2021 might be the time the Zelda Wii U remasters may get announced to drop, and thus barring XCX concludes the Wii U erasure arc.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I hate that Twilight Princess on Wii U is still $50 on the eshop. It's a 4-5 year old slightly enhanced version of a game that originally came out over a decade ago. Really should be in a Greatest Hits discount line by now.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I love these games, some of the greatest ever made, but we all know we're going to get the lowest effort, highest cost outcome here.

And a lot of us will buy it anyway.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I think they'll release a Zelda All stars type thing with:
- Ocarina of Time
- Majoras Mask
- Windwaker
- Twilight Princess

And do a separate "HD" release of Skyward Sword.

And drop a trailer for BOTW 2, releasing 2021

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
i dunno but i hope it has minish cap, i legit had so much more fun with that game than capcom's other offerings. it just feels forgotten.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yep.

I think we'll get a 3D bundle like we just saw for Mario:

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword

Maybe one baffling omission (TP?) like Mario Galaxy 2 lol

I'd argue Skyward would get nixed cuz that one needs effort put into it.

i dunno but i hope it has minish cap, i legit had so much more fun with that game than capcom's other offerings. it just feels forgotten.

I really hope those games won't be doomed to obscurity. Capcom absolutely delivered solid Zelda titles.
GmmB.gif

Bess.gif

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
It's funny people are trying to guess what Nintendo would do for Zelda based on the Mario collection. Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD will be sold seperately for $60. Skyward Sword definitely too because of how much work it would require to port it to the Switch. Having to redo the controls etc.

The only possible collection I can see is an Ocarina HD and Majora HD double pack. Based off the 3DS versions of course.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think it'll go like this...
  • Ocarina of Time 3D & Majora's Mask 3D as a package deal
  • Wind Waker HD & Twilight Princess HD as a package deal
  • Skyward Sword HD by itself

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I expect a pretty similar showing for Zelda, and they may hold off a big preview of BotW2 for a direct in early Feb.
Doing something similar for Metroid in August doesn't seem out of the question with the rumours of what's been in development, being a trilogy port and new 2D game, as well as Retro's game needing to be shown one day.

Oct 24, 2019
I'd argue Skyward would get nixed cuz that one needs effort put into it.

I really hope those games won't be doomed to obscurity. Capcom absolutely delivered solid Zelda titles.
GmmB.gif

Bess.gif

Yeah that's fair, I could definitely see Skyward Sword being a standalone release for $60 lol.

Also hell yes to the Capcom Zeldas getting revived. The Oracle games are unironically my favorite and most nostalgic games in the series. Never got to try Minish Cap unfortunately

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If they bring over Ocarina and Majora, please let it be the N64 and not the 3DS versions. I don't like a lot of the changes they made.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I hope so.
My wishlist
A Link Between Worlds/OoT3D/MM3D HD Collection

Separate Remasters
TP HD
WW HD
SSHD

Release date for BOTW2

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
with the lazy ass mario collection ports we better be getting an ocarina and majors mask rom dump with a twilight princess wii u port. WIldcard is that separate skyward sword port later in the year, sounds too good to be true.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Whatever they bring I hope we get a remake of the original title similar to what they did for Link's Awakening. Of course with the option to play it in its original form.

That's all I want. And it needs to be on the switch with a gold cartridge.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
It would really suck if they announce a Zelda collection and that it would be available for a limited time only

Jan 10, 2018
Yep.

I think we'll get a 3D bundle like we just saw for Mario:

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword

Maybe one baffling omission (TP?) like Mario Galaxy 2 lol

Each game representing a different gen. Am I too easily not baffled?

It would really suck if they announce a Zelda collection and that it would be available for a limited time only

You mean again?

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
They might do a double pack with OoT and MM and then release an HD remasters of SS with just ports of TP and WW HD.

The biggest issue would be how to fit the schedule considering we are also likely to get BotW 2 next year. No idea how Nintendo will handle that.

Nintendo will also eventually release another 2D Zelda. Personally feel it would complement BotW better than 5 other 3D Zeldas, so let's see what they do.

Jan 10, 2018
I mean that's cute and all, but doesn't make it any less ridiculous. When Bluepoint released the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection, they didn't leave out MGS 3 just because they already had a representative from the PS2 generation with MGS 2....

This collection obviously represents the evolution trough the early 3D stages, while MGS did more. As you pointed out, we both prefer the latter, we are just different in how baffled we are, which for no good reason I found worth pointing out.

Lol obviously. Mario collection set a bad precedent with limited time only and I'm just hoping Zelda doesn't succumb to it

I was referring to what already happened with Zelda.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Theyd fuck it up somehow like having the 3DS versions of OOT and MM only. Prolly still buy it tho.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I disagree, a screw up would be using the old versions with their horrid 15fps, and no qol improvements.
Nah, thats exactly what I want, the classics with warts and all. They already are fucking up Mario 64 by using an updated version that has no blj, tho its not 100% certain if thats the case, just very likely.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OOT + Master Quest / Wind Waker HD / Twilight Princess HD would probably be the easiest play for them, with Skyward Sword HD as a stand-alone re-release. Two of those games are already completed and I don't think even Nintendo would be shrewd enough to individually resell two titles that were already their own selling point on the previous console, but, you never know with them lol.

I didn't add Majora to this because I'd be shocked if they have more than three games and it feels like if you're gonna have three de facto titles it would be those; especially since two of them already have the porting work done for em.

Deleted member 32005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Given that the director of Minish Cap went on to direct Breath of the Wild, and BotW was originally going to have a Minish style village, I'm sure it's not forgotten.
AAMINISH_5F00_610.jpg

Darth_Kramer

Aug 17, 2020
I really hope so, I cant see them doing them all in one collection but maybe a Majora's Mask/Ocarina combo and a Windwaker/Twilight combo then that rumored Skyward sword release separately

Nov 12, 2017
What would be amazing is if they uprezzed and touched up the 3DS versions of OOT and MM. I would buy the shit out of that.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
The 3DS Majoras Mask sucked. They screwed up the boss fights and made the Zora swimming awful. It looked nicer but it was better untouched gameplay wise.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Safe to assume they'd rather release ports of the N64 OoT and MM games than put forth the effort of upscaling the 3ds remasters?