• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
HD ports of the 3DS OoT and Majora's Mask would actually look pretty good, so I hope it's happening.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
going by their Mario anniversary we should see

35th anniversary collection
Ocarina HD uprez
WW HD Wii U version
TP HD Wii U version

Zelda SS standalone HD port

OP
OP
criteriondog

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
If this Mario collection is anything to go by then i seriously hope that they don't even bother.
I get that would be disappointing, but for a lot of people this would be their first time to play these games or relive them in a long time. Or even play them on a modern system. You may not bother, but many will.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Probably, but they'll just be low effort ports/emulation and you can only buy it for 2 days and once you own it can only play between the hours of 1PM-5PM on Tuesdays.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
People over here saying that they'll choose the N64 versions over the 3DS ones like it's a bad thing.
Especially in the case of Majora's Mask, I would vastly prefer that. lol

cdigs

Apr 4, 2019
My guess:

- Ocarina of Time / Majora's Mask double pack (remasters of the 3DS versions with graphical updates as necessary)
- Wind Waker / Twilight Princess HD double pack
- Skyward Sword HD standalone release

- DS titles get ignored for now, with the possibility of LInk's Awakening style remakes in the future.
- Other old titles get released on the eShop.

Now, if they go all out and remake Ocarina of Time... I could see it getting its own standalone release. Same with Majora's Mask. But I think the Mario 3D collection is a good bar for setting our expectations.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe, but it'll apparently be the original 64 version of Ocarina if they do

Oct 27, 2017
BotW2 next holiday and Skyward Sword HD earlier in the year. Would like to see some kind of spin-off, even a small eShop only release. Thinking Crossbow Training-esque. Mini-games set in BotW's Hyrule would be cool.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Wanting a bit of effort put into a collection of old games makes me a minority? Like i am not asking for them NOT to release these games but is it too much to ask for them to be a little bit more than emulated iso files?

Seriously? You literally said you'd rather them not bother making them.

Edit: Let's add it here for clarity shall we?

If this Mario collection is anything to go by then i seriously hope that they don't even bother.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
I think we'll get something. Ideally we'd get something special like a Zelda Collection with OoT 3D, MM 3D, WW HD and TP HD as a bundle and SS receiving a full glow-up in a separate package.

Realistically? They'll just re-release the N64 versions of OoT and MM while WW HD and TP HD will be sold standalone. SS will get upscaled up to 1080p and maybe they'll tone down Fi a bit. But hey, at least BotW2 will be good.

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
It could happen, but given how Nintendo haven't even included Galaxy 2 in the Mario Collection, I doubt the chances of us getting an all-in-one package of all the 3D Zeldas. I don't even know if I want to play the original N64 Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (which is what we should expect I feel) again having played the 3DS versions

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
If it is a low effort as the Mario collection then yes. Because all it does at that point is waste a good idea and potential.

So which is it? You'd rather them not release them at all or you're not saying that you don't want them to be released?

Because you're saying both of those things, only one can be correct.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I fully believe we will get a collection of some sort. We have a Kirby and Mario collections so Zelda, Metroid, and Fox all deserve one too. Hopefully F-Zero at some point too.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
...man, they'd totally just do slight upres ports of the N64 versions OoT and MM instead of the 3DS remakes, wouldn't they?

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
So which is it? You'd rather them not release them at all or you're not saying that you don't want them to be released?

Because you're saying both of those things, only one can be correct.

I already told you. If they want to release this then they should put some effort into the collection. I would gladly welcome that. I'm not sure how much more clearer i can make this.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
They'd probably dump the Ocarina and Majora's 64 ROMs on a cart instead of giving us a nice HD port that looks as good as the 3DS versions. I wouldn't mind ports of the two HD Zelda Wii U games too. And all the 2D Zeldas are already available on the NSO apps.

But I'd love to have the Oracle games ported using the Awakening engine. I never played through them enough.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
I already told you. If they want to release this then they should put some effort into the collection. I would gladly welcome that. I'm not sure how much more clearer i can make this.

If clear is "they shouldn't release them" in one post and then "I'm not saying they shouldn't release them" in the next, then yes. You are being very clear.

Burny

Oct 26, 2017
HD ports of OoT 3D and Majora's Mask 3D would be a dream... N64 ports however would be a joke, when the remade/remastered games exist.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling there will not be a collection of all 5.

MM and OoT will probably be bundled.

TP and WW maybe.

SS hell no, full price $60 for it alone

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The thing to ask is do they view TP and WW as Wii U games, and thus will be full priced like the other ports?

Or will they be nice and bundle them?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope so. I still haven't gotten around to playing either of the N64 Zeldas and didn't pick up either of the Wii U remasters so I'd be interested in picking it up

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
So you are acting in bad faith? I am saying that they should release them if they put some effort into them.

How am I acting in bad faith? You've literally changed your answer every time. The string of answers is a slow move from "they shouldn't release it at all" to now saying "they should release it if". It's not on me that you're backtracking and changing what you say every time. Now of course I am the one acting in bad faith for questioning which opinion it is that you actually stand by. Ok then.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Why is everyone expecting a WWHD+TPHD bundle?
They're WiiU games so separate releases each for 60$.

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
How am I acting in bad faith? You've literally changed your answer every time. The string of answers is a slow move from "they shouldn't release it at all" to now saying "they should release it if". It's not on me that you're backtracking and changing what you say every time. Now of course I am the one acting in bad faith for questioning which opinion it is that you actually stand by. Ok then.

Oh my god. My first post was that if it is like the 3D Mario collection then the shouldn't, then you told me that not everything is about me and that i am in the minority for wanting some effort into a anniversary collection. Which i questioned and said that i would welcome a release IF they put some effort into it. But of course YOU are intentionally trying to miss my point. I never changed my answer.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god. My first post was that if it is like the 3D Mario collection then the shouldn't, then you told me that not everything is about me and that i am in the minority for wanting some effort into a anniversary collection. Which i questioned and said that i would welcome a release IF they put some effort into it. But of course YOU are intentionally trying to miss my point. I never changed my answer.

Ok dude, you do you.

Oct 27, 2017
I think we may get the announcement but they may be spread out in 2021

could see BotW2 in March or November, depending.

wind waker + twilight princess HD in one pack, OOT + MM 3D HD in another, Skyward Sword DX stand alone and then BotW2 either before every rerelease or after all of them

OP
OP
criteriondog

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, I would like the Master Quest versions of OoT, but I don't think I should expect that, unless it was the GameCube version of OoT.