• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I need to go back to this. Bought it on sale on Steam well over a year ago (I believe) played it a bit and then got distracted by something else. It was a lot of fun the bit I played of it, though.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bought it on release and I loved every second of it, its a steal at this price. HouseMarque osts have been some of the best this gen and this game has one of my favorite themes. Machine City is such a great theme in an already amazing list.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alek

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
If you have to beat this in 1 sitting does that kind of make it a roguelike?

It's not different every time, so no.

It's designed to be replayable but replayable because you can get better at it, and master the game.

Someone else mentioned Tetris Effect in here, but in a sense it's that kind of game. It's the kind of game that focuses on getting players into that perfect flow state of absolute focus, where you're immersed into a beautiful neon wave of particles that just flow all around you. It doesn't focus on adding complexity in terms of new mechanics or weapon types, and instead just lets players hone in on what's their, and perfect it.

It's essentially a throwback to a different style of game design that doesn't really exist in many modern titles today, but it's one that's definitely very appreciable. Especially for $3.39 :)

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
This game is phenomenal, get on it if you still can. One of my faves on the PS4.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
It's my favorite Housemarque game, and it's a steal at that price. Hell, it's one of the very best games on the system period.

Also: Alienation is around the same price right now, it's a good compromise between the usual chaotic action of housemarque games and a more structured gameplay loop (with leveling, gear and whatnot)

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
it doesn't look like this has the PS4 PRO options on the ps5, atleast I don't see the resolution choices in the options

OP
OP
Alek

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I think the sales over now. Glad I got to draw some attention to this great game. If you end up enjoying Nex Machina make sure to check out Returnal when it releases on PS5.

You just cost me $3.39 OP...can't wait to try this out!

Hope you enjoy it :)

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Was excited to give it a shot but after watching the trailer I'm waiting until I have a PS5 so I can enjoy it with 4k/HDR. Looks really great though, so I definitely grabbed it at that price.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Yeah I got this a week ago for practically nothing and I was shocked at how good it was. I like Housemarque but more for their less arcades stuff, so I haven't checked out any of the recent releases. Even if I'm not a big fan of these sorts of games, it's extremely high quality for the price it's going for and it'll provide probably a few hours fun to most people at least.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think the sales over now. Glad I got to draw some attention to this great game. If you end up enjoying Nex Machina make sure to check out Returnal when it releases on PS5.

Hope you enjoy it :)
Just bought it thanks to seeing the thread. Still on sale here, at least (NA, US). Thanks for bringing attention to it! Have heard a lot about the game, and had interest, but have always been playing something else when it was mentioned. But for this price it was an automatic purchase to finally have it ready to go.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Hey I hate to be that guy but...this game was fucking amazing and if you don't buy it at this price you should go stand in the corner. Put yourself on punishment.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I believe the sale is still in effect for just under two more hours.

Nex Machina is an impressive game in so many ways. it's a treat for the eyes and the ears, and it dishes up a healthy challenge. I hope everyone here enjoys playing it!

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Never played it, but snagged it on this sale, and will probably play a little this weekend. Housemarque games have a knack for getting me into genres I'm normally not that big into. Love them, and Returnal looks so damn good.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Okay I just played it. Pretty good! A bit busy with the shit flying everywhere but that's kinda their thing.

OP
OP
Alek

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Post back your impressions if you just bought it. I'm interested to hear what people think. :)

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

my neighbors are piased at me cus i played this too loud, i told that single mom.. if it'stoo LOUD, you're to OLD

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Bought it on release and I loved every second of it, its a steal at this price. HouseMarque osts have been some of the best this gen and this game has one of my favorite themes. Machine City is such a great theme in an already amazing list.

Gosh, just listening to these tracks makes me feel like this is a game I should have played and loved years ago, and continued listening to the soundtrack ever since. Like Shatter or something.

Needless to say, it's now on the wishlist. Thanks for the rec, OP!

Oct 27, 2017
While I don't love this game as much as everyone else does, this game is a pure throwback to the arcade games of old. It's a visceral, super fast paced, nonstop action shooter that isn't weighed down by silly dialogue/story that is so rampant in so many games today. It's just pure, nonstop action, and that's what makes this a must play if you were a fan of the glory days when the arcade reigned supreme. And as a side note, my favorite Housemarque game is Outland.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
While I don't love this game as much as everyone else does, this game is a pure throwback to the arcade games of old. It's a visceral, super fast paced, nonstop action shooter that isn't weighed down by silly dialogue/story that is so rampant in so many games today. It's just pure, nonstop action, and that's what makes this a must play if you were a fan of the glory days when the arcade reigned supreme. And as a side note, my favorite Housemarque game is Outland.
Outland is such an under-appreciated gem. It recently returned to Steam and is on sale this week.