• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It is, but they have had a lot of Democratic governors. Some states are weird like that. Massachusetts and Maryland are very blue, but have Republican governors (granted, they would be labeled RINO's by most Republicans).
Yep, WV usually has democratic governors, too. Only reason Gov. Justice isn't a Democrat is because he switched parties as soon as he was elected.

EDIT: Well, there's an endless list of reasons why he isn't an actual Democrat, but officially that's the reason why, lol

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif
Play stupid games...

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Why give ANYONE, especially Trump, more ammo to claim fake news? No thanks.

Dude claims fake news for everything, regardless of how easy it can be to prove the information accurate. Even if you could prove 100% that everyone at the protest who got infected got infected at the protest Trump would claim fake news OR call the people patriots who sacrificed their health for the economy.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Quarantine them all in closed down Golden Corralls, let them eat as much as they want but they don't get medical treatment. It's the kind thing to do.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking Morons. There are large portions of the population that should never be allowed to think for themselves.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
It's going to be handwaved as being a "false flag" type shit by these dudes. The USA is a deathcult at this point.

Good luck.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
These are the types of people that would ask the IRS to cancel their direct deposit and request a paper check instead, waiting months later, just so they can have Trump's signature on it.

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody should be celebrating this, or making quips. These fools are going to continue to spread the contagion to innocent family members, friends, and their community. Literally risking your own life and the lives of everyone around you to own the libs.

Shameful. This kind of behavior is going to force the governors to enforce harsher penalties to keep people safe from themselves, and then they're going to call for some kind of armed revolt because these people are fucking stupid.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Unfortunately they should get treated, to keep the shit from spreading. But they should get their ass fined to hell for wasting resources for people who got sick for no fault of their own.
I'd say anybody intentionally spreading the virus and protesting in favor of its spread should be forcefully detained in their house for two weeks with enough supplies, thoughts, and prayers to get them through it. If they die, they die. No need to waste resources on those bioterrorists.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Too soon for this to be due to the protests, but it is evidence that people in the state are not taking things seriously enough in general.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Nobody should be celebrating this, or making quips. These fools are going to continue to spread the contagion to innocent family members, friends, and their community. Literally risking your own life and the lives of everyone around you to own the libs.

Shameful. This kind of behavior is going to force the governors to enforce harsher penalties to keep people safe from themselves, and then they're going to call for some kind of armed revolt because these people are fucking stupid.
Those of us making quips aren't making light of the situation, we just need ways to vent.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
These protest are basically a microcosm on how our society works when you implement hard measures: when you're doing a good job, people won't notice at all. They will even spit on your face to show thier gratitude.

Just look at each Democratic president coming in to fix the mess that conservatives. The voters Then reward them by voting in said conservatives next election cycle.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
How do we know that's a direct result of the protests though? Were the new cases asked their whereabouts?

It's not. It would take 1-2 weeks for the fallout from a mass gathering to start meaningfully factoring into the #'s.

The protests disgust me as much as they do anyone, but I'm not sure framing things this way serves us very well. Comes off as if we're celebrating the fact that Kentucky just had a bump.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Here is a question that should be asked at a hospital:

"Did you attend the protest recently?"

If no, help them.
If yes, tell them to take a hike and don't be a snowflake. What they have is just some case of Corona but they don't believe in medical experts and science so they are a waste of time. Good luck. Thoughts and prayers to you.

I don't like this timeline but they wanted this.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017

If no, help them.
If yes, tell them to take a hike and don't be a snowflake. What they have is just some case of Corona but they don't believe in medical experts and science so they are a waste of time. Good luck. Thoughts and prayers to you.

The thing is we don't even have the luxury of telling them to go die and letting shit take its course. They'll go out and infect other, more at-risk people through their idiocy so they have to be treated even if they did it to themselves.

These people make themselves plague rats and then it's everyone's problem.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
His response to the protest was direct.

FRANKFORT, Ky. -- With the faint sound of protesters outside the capitol, Gov. Andy Beshear said "reopening" the state now would be dangerous to Kentuckians.

"Folks, that would kill people. That would absolutely kill people," Beshear said during his Wednesday press conference.

We would have been so fucked if our last guy was still here.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If no, help them.

Ya and let's apply that to all dumb things people do with blatant disregard of experts and science

If someone has lung cancer the hospital should ask "do you smoke?" if yes, take a hike

If someone has a heart attack the hospital should ask "have you put ranch on pizza within the last month?" if yes, take a hike

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK

If no, help them.

Yeah, no. Denying them treatment just means they'll infect more people.

They dont need evidence to claim fake news and have people believe it. Hence why it's their main tactic.

That's not a very compelling argument for the production of actual fake news, though. The whole point is that Trump is, in reality, wrong about his fake news claims 99.9999999% of the time. The last thing we need is for him to start being right about it on a consistent basis.

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017
There is no way that increase is due to protests last week....imagine the numbers 2 weeks from now.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not. It would take 1-2 weeks for the fallout from a mass gathering to start meaningfully factoring into the #'s.

The protests disgust me as much as they do anyone, but I'm not sure framing things this way serves us very well. Comes off as if we're celebrating the fact that Kentucky just had a bump.

It's also another argument for getting a robust contact tracing system up and running.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I was of the same idea when I first heard about the governor doing it last year. My brother got it when we were kids and my parents and other parents made no attempt to keep us or the other kids from getting it. My mom even straight up told me the reason as a little kid. Better to get it now, lol. So I looked it up and since then a vaccine has been approved.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Cancer and COPD patients can't cough in a grocery store and kill people. Fuck them. My family all works in grocery stores and shouldn't have to suffer and die because of these cultists.

Refusing to admit/treat people sick with COVID-19 will simply result in more spread, which puts your family at increased risk, though. I understand why you're upset by these morons, but this is not the way.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Refusing to admit/treat people sick with COVID-19 will simply result in more spread, which puts your family at increased risk, though. I understand why you're upset by these morons, but this is not the way.

Ugh I hate to admit it but you may be right on that. But at this point what else can be done to force these people to stop spreading both the virus and misinformation? Its getting to the point of National Suicide. Its like watching 9/11 in slow motion and our own countrymen are the terrorists.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Sadly, they will get non dumbasses sick and some could pass just because they wanted Baskin Robbins open.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Wouldn't it take at least 2 weeks to see the the effects of such an event? (or is the article not linking the two? I haven't read the article yet)

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Someone's gotta ask Trump about this at the next press conference and figure out the best way to phrase it.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't it take at least 2 weeks to see the the effects of such an event? (or is the article not linking the two? I haven't read the article yet)
Most people seem to get sick within 3-5 days, though. The 14 day and beyond incubation period doesn't seem to be the norm. It happens but doesn't seem like the majority.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Most people seem to get sick within 3-5 days, though. The 14 day and beyond incubation period doesn't seem to be the norm. It happens but doesn't seem like the majority.

People don't start showing up in the #'s when symptoms first start, though. You're not getting tested in the current environment without severe symptoms, which often take more like 7-14 days after exposure to develop. Then there's the turnaround time for the test, which is still days in some places, especially rural areas.