• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they did get him, I'll bet he doesn't get a proper Islamic burial thingy by the U.S. military like they said they gave Bin Ladin before dumping his carcass overboard into the sea.

Trump wouldn't stand for treating a dead muslim with even a shred of respect. Not that either Bin Ladin or al-Baghdad deserve any.

obama did that to avoid needless riots and deaths and most of all - successfully- martyrdom- that was probably baked into the plan from the Bush era- although as business partners of the Bush family the bin ladens probably got a card too- and to appease Saudi billionaires who totally weren't sponsoring his retirement in a Pakistani military compound having funded him for two decades and needed their unemployed youth to stay extremely obedient.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
Are we not gonna get any concrete proof and are they gonna immediately dispose of his "body" in the middle of the ocean again?

CaptSpaulding

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Holy shit CNN is insufferable.

Why are they making this out to be some huge US victory. It really is meaningless. Someone will replace him tomorrow.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
User banned (2 weeks): conspiracy theories
If they did get him, fantastic news and not worth snarking about. A genuinely evil dude.

Are there really "Osama is still alive" conspiracies? What on earth
where did you get that from what I said...

Im actually saying the opposite. hes been dead a decade or so before the raid on his facility

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
errrr

not to mention his amazing ability to revamp his appearance and body language in all footage of him post december 2001. the guy was really the master of deception and disguises..no wonder it took us so long to off him

signal

Oct 28, 2017
we have days of footage of us bombing and killing innocent foreign civilians so why cant we be shown some visual proof that the most wanted guy on earth is dead?
Well this was a raid presumably like the Bin Laden one not a drone capturing a black and white explosion of a truck. They probably have reasons for not releasing explicit raid footage.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
who gave the order to immediately bury him at sea before the president even announced his death? not one photo at least of his corpse...?
Maybe they do have photos that are just unreleased. What should they have done with the body? And why would it need to be disposed of after the death was announced, particularly if the president ordered it disposed of?

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Holy shit CNN is insufferable.

Why are they making this out to be some huge US victory. It really is meaningless. Someone will replace him tomorrow.
This is very different from Sudam Hussien or Osama Bin Laden. I'm no expert, but my understanding is he's of some religious significance to ISIS and their main goal is specifically to put that exact dude in charge. I'm not sure they'd all just give up, but it has to be a big blow to them, because he's not as easily replaced as a normal organization leader might be.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
Maybe they do have photos that are just unreleased. What should they have done with the body? And why would it need to be disposed of after the death was announced, particularly if the president ordered it disposed of?
literally anything other than what was done and shooting him into space or something. personally, i think they shouldve showed it off jesse james (and Gaddafi) style...but im no expert.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
did those exist in 2011? if they were, they most certainly werent on the level that we have today and our current deepfakes can still use some work tbh
I'm talking about the OP situation since the Bin Laden conspiracy you're talking about seems to be more about him dying a decade prior to the supposed date not that he wasn't dead. Unless the same 'he died ages ago' scenario is being used here 🤔

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
I'm talking about the OP situation since the Bin Laden conspiracy you're talking about seems to be more about him dying a decade prior to the supposed date not that he wasn't dead. Unless the same 'he died ages ago' scenario is being used here 🤔
oh idek about the guy in the OP but it looks to me that he has the same amount of lives as my kitten. Im not sure theres a conspiracy here but its too soon to tell

Cwyll

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So abandoning the Kurds to Turkey, and the overall withdrawal from norther Syria was just a feint to allow this to happen?
Trumps wisdom and nth degree chess skills truly know no bounds...

username.ymt

Nov 15, 2017
And this, my good people, is how you get out of going to an ever so frightening baseball game...when your name is Donald Trump.

Scared little Donald Trump.

Now we just have to wait for the facts to slowly leak out of the porous walls of the WH.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
I like how both sides accept that the US killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan in 2011 but some dudes on the internet instead choose to believe unsubstantiated evidence that he died a decade earlier.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Actually, this is not true at all. Eliminating leaders or High Value Targets (HVT) is proven to be the most efficient counter-terrorism program around the world. Look at what happened to Al-qeada after bin laden's death. They aren't a threat to any country anymore.

This same strategy was used by US and Kurdish forces during the assault on ISIS by targeting it's important commanders, who were actually experienced generals in saddam's army. This crippled ISIS fighting ability and gave Kurdish troops the upper hand.

Al-Qaeda was way fading before Osama got offed though IIRC

They've also migrated to Somalia and Yemen so I wouldn't write them off.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
This is very different from Sudam Hussien or Osama Bin Laden. I'm no expert, but my understanding is he's of some religious significance to ISIS and their main goal is specifically to put that exact dude in charge. I'm not sure they'd all just give up, but it has to be a big blow to them, because he's not as easily replaced as a normal organization leader might be.
they've put some guy named Jeff in charge for now. But it's not quite the same. No one knows what to feel.