• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Brian McDoogle
Oct 25, 2017
It just dawned on me that since I made this thread, I should probably watch the LGBTQ thing tonight to see if it comes up.

Sigh...

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
For good measure, there's also a Medium post from 2017 by someone who says they left the Science of Identity cult:

An Insiders Perspective on Tulsi Gabbard and her Guru

I was recently asked a question about US politics that is related to an issue very close to my heart. In the US there is a state…

This explains a lot, but even as a victim of abuse and manipulation, Tulsi a liability to the party and the American people in general. She needs to go.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Her modi ties are fucking atrocious, and her being anti gay in the past aint news.

I wish her anti interventionist ties were tied to a politician without so many clear issues.

No, criticisms of her are not just "smears".
She's not anti-interventionist, she's anti-regime change. Which is to say she's very much pro bomb the muslims.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Tulsi Gabbard is the Dana Rohrabacher of Jill Steins... she's a Putin-Modi puppet... didn't she just appear at that Modi-Trump rally in Houston? She regularly goes on Fox News and she is one of only a small handful of Dem candidates who hasn't signed a pledge to support the eventual nominee...

Plus she just came out against impeachment, again:

The last time she did so was after Barr's bullshit spin before the Mueller report came out:

Oh and her campaign is almost entirely funded by Hindu nationalists affiliated with the RSS:

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
I was too late for the other threads, but Tulsi has a very reputable primary opponent in State Senator Kai Kahele. I send $5 his way every time something about Tulsi breaks in the news, so he just got another $5 from me today.

Oct 28, 2017

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Brian McDoogle
Oct 25, 2017
All that I'm saying is her record for voting for LGBT rights in Congress is literally 100% and she came out in support of gay marriage in 2011 when at the time, only 15 senators supported it.

Her previous views were awful but trying to claim that she's still that way via shadowy connections while ignoring her actual voting record is...something.
"About 10 years ago, Gabbard violated some of the tenets that now make her so popular as a Democrat with an EMILY's List endorsement to boot–she was neither pro-choice nor pro-gay-marriage, and in fact fell in line with her erstwhile Republican father [Hawaii state Senator Mike Gabbard]," states the article. "After repeated follow-ups, the congresswoman replies with a note about her sponsorship of the Equality Act (adding sexual orientation to categories of prohibited discrimination) and of her support for equal treatment of gay service members' spouses."

So far, so good, right? Except right after that Ozy drops this bombshell:

"Fittingly for her narrative, though, the explanation for her changed ideology feints us back onto familiar territory–the military," states the article. "It was, she says, the days in the Middle East that taught her the dangers of a theocratic government 'imposing its will' on the people. (She tells me that, no, her personal views haven't changed, but she doesn't figure it's her job to do as the Iraqis did and force her own beliefs on others.)"

So after all this time, Gabbard still personally opposes same-sex marriage, but won't say or do anything politically about it? This puts her campaign statement on same-sex marriage that we cited above in an entirely different light.
From the OP.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
So she's just playing the long game? Gonna be perfect on LGBT rights as a representative to fool everyone, wait until she takes the presidency and then unleash her latent homophobia on the world?

Or what are you suggesting? I'm honestly curious.
She's literally been taped taking part in the cult as of last year. She's full of shit.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So she's just playing the long game? Gonna be perfect on LGBT rights as a representative to fool everyone, wait until she takes the presidency and then unleash her latent homophobia on the world?

Or what are you suggesting? I'm honestly curious.
I'm not getting into her head.

She's a member of a homophobic cult, is a regular on Tucker Carlson. I'll leave it there.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
how many homophobic cults does it take to get the center of tulsi gabbard's views?

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't need this video to know that she's a bigot, extremist and supporter of autocrats.

Oct 28, 2017
She's literally been taped taking part in the cult as of last year. She's full of shit.

So you think her appearing at a function with this insane cult leader is more indicative of how she'll vote on LGBT issues in the future than her entire historical voting record in Congress?

I just want someone to explain why they think she has maintained a perfect LGBT record so far if she's actually a card carrying member of this cult. Because I'm actively trying to keep an open mind and come up with an explanation that makes sense and isn't a full on Manchurian Candidate level conspiracy.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
So you think her appearing at a function with this insane cult leader is more indicative of how she'll vote on LGBT issues in the future than her entire historical voting record in Congress?
I don't know what's so difficult to understand about this...
-Tulsi Gabbard does not personally support gay marriage, she was raised in a homophobic cult that she is still a part of, and has made some horrific homophobic comments
-She votes a certain way on LGBT issues because her anti-LGBT stance became a political issue that was hurting her, and she wants to keep getting elected in a very liberal (D +32) district

It's the same reason she finally came out in support of impeachment (I documented her opposition above) after she was the ONLY Dem from a safe district not supporting it, and her primary opponent was attacking her for it.

EFhjvHvUEAYZeuY.jpg

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

I just want someone to explain why they think she has maintained a perfect LGBT record so far if she's actually a card carrying member of this cult. Because I'm actively trying to keep an open mind and come up with an explanation that makes sense and isn't a full on Manchurian Candidate level conspiracy.

no one has ever done something politically expedient that contrasts with their actual views.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

"You think a politician would do something like that? Lie about their position on an issue until they gain more political power"

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

Something tells me that you'll just ignore any answer that is given to you about Gabbard. Because you somehow believe that she's genuine in her turnover.