• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our family. We adopted this guy today and he's just a giant cuddle-bug. His name from the shelter is Balto, but we thing we're going to change it.

This is my wife holding him at the shelter. He just melted into her arms when the employee removed him from his cage and handed him to her. We looked at a couple of other cats, but one was super shy and the other just wasn't comfortable with her.

103725060-2594958337485847-4281250535636798637-o.jpg

103990514-2594958357485845-872970396888707706-o.jpg

104168181-2594959434152404-829334177321678366-o.jpg

103735255-2595047634143584-4260541994390282152-o.jpg

Since we got him home and let him get used to his new home, he's shown just how much of a cuddle bug he is. This cat has no concept of personal space, he wants to be loved, he wants to be petted and held. He just loves people. They had him listed as a stray, but I'm 100% sure he's been raised around people. They said he was around 2, so who knows what his prior life was like.

We're super happy. My wife's been wanting a cat for a while (especially her last one died at her mom's last year), but we just couldn't make it work since we we're living with our parents.

He's been snuggling with my wife all afternoon.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pictures of cats looking out of windows always fills me with a strange sense of peacefulness, idk what it is.
cute cat.

OP
OP
linkboy

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
pictures of cats looking out of windows always fills me with a strange sense of peacefulness, idk what it is.
cute cat.

He was staring at the rabbits that were across the street and then some birds landed, which put him in pounce mode.

We live about 20 miles east of Rapid City, SD in the country, so there's lots of animals for him to stare at.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Congrats! And well done for taking in an adult from the shelter. He looks great.

Join the community over here! Pics welcome.

www.resetera.com

CatEra |OT| Share your pics, read our tips, ask any questions OT

This is a thread by and for cat lovers! You can also find its sister, dog-themed thread here. CAT TIPS: Keep food and water as separate from each other as possible, because cats associate proximity of food with the fact that the water may be tainted (dead animals rotting in it), and tend to...

OP
OP
linkboy

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Congrats! And well done for taking in an adult from the shelter. He looks great.

Join the community over here! Pics welcome.

www.resetera.com

CatEra |OT| Share your pics, read our tips, ask any questions OT

This is a thread by and for cat lovers! You can also find its sister, dog-themed thread here. CAT TIPS: Keep food and water as separate from each other as possible, because cats associate proximity of food with the fact that the water may be tainted (dead animals rotting in it), and tend to...

As cute as kittens are, and there were a few in the shelter, we didn't want to go through the hassle of training a kitten. We decided on a male cat around 2-4 years old, just didn't expect to find one this well mannered. They said he was a stray, but he's been accustomed to people at some point in his life. I just can't see a stray being as relaxed with people and this guy is.

This cat is just so chill, all he wants is to just snuggle, be petted and loved.

Last edited:

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
My boy link, you had every chance to name him "Kittle", and you blew it man.

I kid. Congrats!

Oct 27, 2017
orange tabby are among the best cats. everyone i've known who's had one has said they're ride or die. that's a handsome gentleman

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
They had him listed as a stray, but I'm 100% sure he's been raised around people.
Stray mean that he was socialized with people but no longer lived with people. Born in the wild and not socialized with people would be called 'feral'.

Feral cats cannot be good house pets, they are miserable there, they don't want to live with people.

Lots of strays are really happy to go(back) in homes with people, most didn't want to be stray in the first place they always were raised with people and feel more at home with people.

Most of my favorite cat patients (I am a vet) are big tom cat they were strays at some point. They are chill and friendly.

OP
OP
linkboy

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Stray mean that he was socialized with people but no longer lived with people. Born in the wild and not socialized with people would be called 'feral'.

Feral cats cannot be good house pets, they are miserable there, they don't want to live with people.

Lots of strays are really happy to go(back) in homes with people, most didn't want to be stray in the first place they always were raised with people and feel more at home with people.

Most of my favorite cat patients (I am a vet) are big tom cat they were strays at some point. They are chill and friendly.

Thank you for the clarification.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
cute cat.

My little one will about knock you over when you try to open the window blinds to let her see out. She loves it so much. I try to get her to go out on a harness and leash, but she gets super anxious when outside. Always thought it was ironic lol.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Most strays really appreciate being adopted. They had a good home, probably some traumatic street time, then a crappy life in a shelter. When they get a new home they know a good thing when it happens and will really show appreciation.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for giving this cuddle-monster kitty a home. We took in a 4year old chonker of a cat from my partner's mom's house after she couldn't take care of him any longer (and wasn't doing a fantastic job of caring for him to begin with — he was caged and a mess of matted hair), and he melted in our house and became the most happy, affectionate cat ever. He's 9 now, and still a chonker, but basically my best friend in the world. Cats are fucking awesome.

OP
OP
linkboy

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Thank you for giving this cuddle-monster kitty a home. We took in a 4year old chonker of a cat from my partner's mom's house after she couldn't take care of him any longer (and wasn't doing a fantastic job of caring for him to begin with — he was caged and a mess of matted hair), and he melted in our house and became the most happy, affectionate cat ever. He's 9 now, and still a chonker, but basically my best friend in the world. Cats are fucking awesome.

We had discussion and decided that we didn't want a kitten, and were looking at male cats around 2-4 years old.

My wife is a huge cat person, so I let her look at ones she liked.

There was a Russian Blue at another shelter that I liked (I'm a sucker for that breed), but they never returned our calls or emails.

What drew us to this cat was his eyes. You can see his kennel picture above my wife's shoulder. He just looked so scared.

We had narrowed it down to three cats, and Kittle was the first. As soon as my wife held him, he just melted into her arms and we just knew he was the one.

We still took a look at the other two. One, named Mojo, was super scared and didn't want to leave his cat house, and the other one just didn't want to be held.

Kittle wasn't to happy with the car ride home, but he's adjusting well and exploring.