• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017

Yuzu up to this point had an issue with its audio implementation causing game performance to stutter pretty regularly. Now that asynchronous audio has been added, those performance issues are gone and it largely runs at full speed now. So far it's currently only available through Yuzu's paid early access builds, but I'd guess it'd be out to the public within the week.

There is a workaround for the public versions of Yuzu. Someone made a mod to disable the audio in the game altogether which basically gives the same performance benefit. That mod is available on their github wiki https://github.com/yuzu-emu/yuzu/wiki/Switch-Mods

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
That's awesome. I really hope this starts the trend of getting emulators up and working earlier in consoles life cycles.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Impressive progress. Won't use it till FE TH works and with res scaling so I can dump my copy though.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This reminds me of when newly released NEO GEO games were emulated perfectly on release year. I don't like it.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Part (though certainly not all) of my desire for a Switch Pro style upgrade is being able to homebrew my original Switch, rip all my games and try this out. Amazing progress :'D

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
The dream of replaying XC2 at 1440p+ is getting closer and closer every day, maybe in 2021-2022.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
When resolution is unlocked, this will be the ultimate way to experience Switch titles for myself, I like many Switch games but am not a fan of the hardware at all, and have 0% interest in handheld gaming these days. I can just buy carts and rip them to PC, support good devs and play it the way I want to.

Will definitely have to hold onto the OG Switch though, unless someone figures out a better way to rip the games for emulation.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Astral Chains with proper resolution and maybe even unlocked framerate will be amazing.

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
I randomly tried Mario Odyssey on Yuzu this morning and was shocked to see 60FPS intermittently flash on the counter. That's pretty darn amazing.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
When resolution is unlocked, this will be the ultimate way to experience Switch titles for myself, I like many Switch games but am not a fan of the hardware at all, and have 0% interest in handheld gaming these days. I can just buy carts and rip them to PC, support good devs and play it the way I want to.

Will definitely have to hold onto the OG Switch though, unless someone figures out a better way to rip the games for emulation.
Sure you are buddy.

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of people that try to bait people into admitting to being pirates in these types of threads is hilarious.

What is this the spanish inquisition?!

Zaro

Nov 13, 2017

I'm not 100% sure but i think you need a hack Switch to dump a game.

Edit: The future will be great when we will be able to run game on better and stable resolution.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
As a switch owner and a Mario Odyssey owner, I welcome this. The switch will come and go, but PC will stay. I look forward to being able to play the game in higher resolutions one day, and without the awful forced waggle.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Did you quote the wrong person?
Nope. I just find it suspicious when someone says they hate a specific hardware and won't support it, but loves the games and will play them when they can be "enhanced". It reeks of bullshit. Especially considering even if the games emulate well, they are most likely not running accurately.

If he is being legitimate..saying he's going to buy games and rip them..fine...he's in the minority. A large number of folks are not going to do that.