• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is apparently one of those times where I just don't understand why y'all hate this shit so much. I thought it was funny, and if laughing in the face of dangerous insanity is bad then I guess John Oliver is canceled? Somebody help me out here.

I mean the joke is the absurd length...

John Oliver's entire thing is comedic satire. We look to the NYT for serious journalistic reporting and news, not making bad jokes.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Oct 28, 2018
Just want to point out that this was put out by the opinion section that is seperate from (and not even really allowed to talk to) the newsroom. It's an important distinction that people generally gloss over. I'm pretty indifferent towards their opinion section, don't particularly care for them. The newsroom on the other hand is the best in the country.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is the sort of shit an edgy Middle School morning announcements political correspondent would do.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Twitter fame ain't for everyone.

Y'all can't all be Wendys.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This is apparently one of those times where I just don't understand why y'all hate this shit so much. I thought it was funny, and if laughing in the face of dangerous insanity is bad then I guess John Oliver is canceled? Somebody help me out here.

I mean the joke is the absurd length...

NYT isn't supposed to be John Oliver. They're the ones supposed to be doing actual journalism and holding the powerful accountable

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Shit, this is bad. I'm a journalist in Italy and the first thing they teach you is...well, protect your sources. But you don't have to be a journalist to know this.

This is really bad.
The way they look at it, it isn't their source so he's fair game. Because the NYT are insane.

Unmasking whistleblowers makes it less likely people will come forward in the future. It defeats the entire purpose of whistleblower policies.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honest question: why the hate on the New York Times?

The New York Times continually put "But her email!" stories on the front page and its reporters and editors have been talking about Russia ever since as the reason Trump won.

It's a paper that has absolutely no accountability. They are utter trash and a prime example of how dangerous bad journalism can be.

But this isn't the newsroom putting this out. None of the serious journalists work for the opinion section, it's just a mix of columnists with often shitty opinions.

The New York Times is so bad they've convinced people that opinion sections don't have to adhere to journalist standards