• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
This is ignoring the issue of mass incarceration in America, with for-profit prisons (which is wildly immoral in and of itself). You're at best deluding yourself if you think the racially profiled minority people who are in prisons are all meant to be there, and for as long as they are, and that they deserve to be subjected to glorified slavery.
But are they the majority? (Serious question) I'm not dismissing that Todd the jock from the South who was a racist prick when he was younger grew up to be a racist cop and locked up innocent minitorities as he got older. We know that's done on a large scale probably. Police officers are largely the bullies who couldn't get anywhere in life.

If I was in prison for something like smoking pot? Or something targeted at me due to skin color and I shouldn't be in the same room with all the people I mentioned as criminals above, I would probably look forward to being in an actual controlled supervised environment for x amount of hours a day instead of say.....out in the yard.

I'll watch that 13th documentary someone mentioned above while working from home today , and maybe learn something and change my mind but I'm not going to get into this with an Admin of the site.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But are they the majority? (Serious question) I'm not dismissing that Todd the jock from the South who was a racist prick when he was younger grew up to be a racist cop and locked up innocent minitorities as he got older. We know that's done on a large scale probably. Police officers are largely the bullies who couldn't get anywhere in life.

If I was in prison for something like smoking pot? Or something targeted at me due to skin color and I shouldn't be in the same room with all the people I mentioned as criminals above, I would probably look forward to being in an actual controlled supervised environment for x amount of hours a day instead of say.....out in the yard.

I'll watch that 13th documentary someone mentioned above while working from home today , and maybe learn something and change my mind but I'm not going to get into this with an Admin of the site.

I was the one who recommended that documentary. :P But yes, please watch it, it's very informative on this subject. The entire system is corrupt and is built to funnel people of colour into the prison system. Precisely as a way to profit. Regardless of the animosity you feel for actual monsters like child sex abusers, that shouldn't lead us to supporting systems that are meant to oppress and dehumanise others just because they've been imprisoned or committed a crime. The laws are sometimes written precisely because they want to not only lock up black people, but imprison them for longer. America has a for profit prison system and also almost a quarter of the incarcerated people in the world, despite having less than 5% of its population. That isn't a coincidence, it's the system working as intended.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I was the one who recommended that documentary. :P But yes, please watch it, it's very informative on this subject. The entire system is corrupt and is built to funnel people of colour into the prison system. Precisely as a way to profit. Regardless of the animosity you feel for actual monsters like child sex abusers, that shouldn't lead us to supporting systems that are meant to oppress and dehumanise others just because they've been imprisoned or committed a crime. The laws are sometimes written precisely because they want to not only lock up black people, but imprison them for longer. America has a for profit prison system and also almost a quarter of the incarcerated people in the world, despite having less than 5% of its population. That isn't a coincidence, it's the system working as intended.
I think I feel the way I do is because I never watched that documentary before. Or anything like it. I just associate criminals as last with stories I read in the paper over the last 40 years. Tag me later to remind me and I'll come back in with probably changed thoughts.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I feel the way I do is because I never watched that documentary before. Or anything like it. I just associate criminals as last with stories I read in the paper over the last 40 years. Tag me later to remind me and I'll come back in with probably changed thoughts.

Thanks for at least going into it with the intention to learn. I hope you find it informative.