• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Ive been saying this for years both in this place and the last but americans keep telling me they perfected the formula in NYC or some shit.
Having a neapolitan pizza with mozzarella di bufala campana with tomato san marzano is still the best pizza experience ive ever had, right next to eating authentic kobe beef.
It's dope alright. Extremely god tier. I've had it on a few occasions while I was over there. I did qualify my statement of New Haven, CT pizza being the best in the States. That being said, it is still up there with the best of the best, including that found in Napoli.

Mozzarella di bufala (water buffalo mozzarella) is actual real mozzarella (which almost all Americans have never had sadly).

Last edited:

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oooph UES isn't exactly the best spot for food in the city. I struggled for months just to find an okay Szechuan place. I only ever go back there when in the mood for the giant Rice Krispie pie at The Supply House.

This Is probably the best pizza on the UES and even then it won't make any top 10 lists of Manhattan:
Casa Pizza & Restaurant
1427 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10028
(212) 535-5700

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
27712962dd725e888f26dbd07499c45c.jpg
OP, if your still in NYC, you might as well take the relatively short ride up to New Haven to get the literal best in the States. Here, I'll help:

Modern Apizza
874 State St, New Haven, CT 06511

This will be waiting.
Rubirosa is my current favorite in NYC.

large-pizza.jpg

IMG_8302.JPG
To be honest, these both look pretty bad to me. The first one, maybe an acceptable drunk pizza. The second, looks like a paper thin Ritz cracker flatbread with a side of pretentiousness

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
This has to be what's happening, I get better pizza in Brooklyn and even here in Long Island.
Whenever you have dynamite NY style pizza its because the bread is just out of this fucking world.

But I only get that experience with the family owed restaurants. You are not getting that kind of pizza in Manhattan when it is being made by someone just coming off the street.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Go to Roberta's and order the "bee sting" pizza. Your life will change.

For a fantastic Neapolitan pizza go to Juliana's.

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ive been saying this for years both in this place and the last but americans keep telling me they perfected the formula in NYC or some shit.
Having a neapolitan pizza with mozzarella di bufala campana with tomato san marzano is still the best pizza experience ive ever had, right next to eating authentic kobe beef.

I actually am making it at home now.

I'll reply with a picture later when I cook it.
(The dough is resting)

Unfortunately I don't have a stone oven (or even a pizza stone lol) so I'll be doing my best home approximation.

Austriacus

Oct 25, 2017
It's dope alright. Extremely god tier. I've had it on a few occasions while I was over there. I did qualify my statement of New Have CT pizza being the best in the States. That being said, it is still up there with the best of the best, including that found in Napoli.

Mozzarella di bufala (water buffalo mozzarella) is actual real mozzarella (which almost all Americans have never had sadly).
I havent tried New Haven CT pizza, ill make sure i stop by the next time i drop by the states. But ill take your word for it in the meantime since you seem to be someone who actually knows what the good stuff is.

I actually am making it at home now.

I'll reply with a picture later when I cook it.
(The dough is resting)

Unfortunately I don't have a stone oven (or even a pizza stone lol) so I'll be doing my best home approximation.

God dam dude, stop tempting me, im trying to lower carbs!

give me all the pics

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the nasty ass NY tap water that pizza places use for their dough that gives the pizzas it's authentic NY flavor?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Do I see blaspheme in here? Don't you do it! NYC pizza is the best.

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA
I enjoy a good NY pizza every now and then, but even so, their whole origin story is that someone needed to make a pizza with crappy American market ingredients, ie all-purpose flour, manufactured mozzarella, and canned tomato sauce.

really can't beat traditional neapolitan pizza and it's level of attention to detail and quality of ingredients.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I love it, but I love all pizza. Never got the my city is better than yours. Gimme all the delicious ver of pizza's.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Marks Pizza is the best Pizza. Is there any in NYC proper? I'm not sure but they're in upstate and it's amazing. I will tolerate no slander.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
In the UES I like Delizia 92 and occasionally San Matteo.

But other parts of NYC have better offerings, I like Patrizia's on 27th St, and Juliana's in Brooklyn, and Alba's in Astoria.

Honestly, if you're eating at the pace of 40 pizzas in 30 days anyway, you might as well try Two Bros, just to say you did.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
From Sweden, so I googled 'New York Pizza'. I just look like a regular shitty hangover pizza you can get anywhere here. Some are fine and some are terrible, but good for the price.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
get outta here bozo get your mouth checked

when you've changed ur tone u can come back and i'll take u to my favorite dollar slice spot

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
You literally went to probably the worst neighborhood for pizza of every East Coast city, as well as the area with the highest average age and income in the city...why would you think that's the right place for pizza? Is this thread created just for attention?? A simple google search would show that there is maybe 10 articles a month put out by the collective NYC media on best pizza spots.

Maybe I should go to a random strip mall attached to some cookie-cutter development outside of Houston and claim that Texas BBQ is overrated?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Makes me think of the trip I took to Naples.

Pizza is my favourite food so of course I'm gonna try it from the birthplace of pizza. Was good but very oily compared to what I'm used to and honestly preferred the pizza from my local take away instead.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
From Sweden, so I googled 'New York Pizza'. I just look like a regular shitty hangover pizza you can get anywhere here. Some are fine and some are terrible, but good for the price.

It's honestly used with better ingredients though, especially the cheese is much better. That is the case overall, the cheese we have on pizza overall here in Sweden is garbage tier. You have to seek out authentic Italian places for good quality.