• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
And he has the chutzpah to appear on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to promote said poster. I'm picturing how smug he's going to look talking about it. And Fallon is going to schmooze him. The day Cuomo and De Blasio leave office is going to be glorious.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, in one of the first meetings he did when he "came back" (he stopped doing the daily meetings sometime in June but started them up again when Florida and Texas started blowing up) Cuomo had this giant mountain thing meant to represent the "mountain" that New York's climbed over from the start of the COVID outbreak to its peak to now.

062920_nyc_coronavirusmountainiii1280x720jpg

The mountain roughly represents a line graph of new COVID cases over that time, hence why it's all lopsided.

And Cuomo's loved the shit out of this mountain imagery ever since. He still has the fucking thing behind him.

I'd like to think some museum employee or someone's grandpa felt they hit the big time getting to make Cuomo's Mountain and modelled the shit out of it.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And he has the chutzpah to appear on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to promote said poster. I'm picturing how smug he's going to look talking about it. And Fallon is going to schmooze him. The day Cuomo and De Blasio leave office is going to be glorious.

Cuomo and De Blasio are a fucking waste. Completely useless.

Last edited:

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
Will definitely cop. You can order it here for the low, low price of $14.50:

New York Tough Poster | Governor Andrew M. Cuomo

I don't know why I'd want a keepsake from my time being trapped inside two rooms for 140 days. Cuomo is just such a fucking bizarre dude but his briefings helped keep me and my fiancee sane throughout.

Artist's statement:
I love history. I love poster art. Poster art is something they did in the early 1900s, late 1800s, when they had to communicate their whole platform on one piece of paper. Over the past few years I've done my own posters that capture that feeling. I did a new one for what we went through with COVID and I think the general shape is familiar to you. We went up the mountain, we curved the mountain, we came down the other side and these are little telltale signs that, to me, represent what was going on.

- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo

I can't believe "Jesse" doesn't make an appearance in the poster.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I mean I guess it shows he's in the same boat as his constituents. "I have also been going a bit stir-crazy, and taken up art to pass the time! As you can see, I'm not very good at it yet, either. Hang in there!"

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
This is worth an update. Didn't realize it would go this far but my wife wants us to frame that poster and find a spot (likely in my office) to hang the damn thing.

Yes, you can preorder one!

New York Tough Poster

New York Tough Poster.

Aug 12, 2019
That thing is going to age so poorly if New York ever sees another spike (I mean, it already will in general, but even more quickly).

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
As someone living on Long Island I am very pleased with the job they did handling COVID and the response I saw at least in my own community and the places I had to travel to for work on the Island as well.

DeBlasio is a different story though.

Oct 27, 2017
Covid rates in nys beg to differ with your terribly wrong opinion.
I mean, just because they're among the least shitty in the US, doesn't mean their response was timely.... like at all.

I knew to quarantine myself, while Cuomo and de Blasio were still publicly downplaying it.

Edit: I will mention that de Blasio is orders of magnitude worse than Cuomo though. Cuomo is well meaning but less than competent. de Blasio is a fcking nuisance

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Covid rates in nys beg to differ with your terribly wrong opinion.
Covid rates in NY would be even better if Cuomo and De Blasio had reacted swiftly to the virus. Instead, they drug their feet and thousands of people in the state died. Now he wants to commission this bizarre, self-aggrandizing poster that fear-mongers about Europeans (majority of European countries ended up handling the virus better than NY state alone, not to mention the rest of the US) and touts "making hand sanitizer" that was just repackaging hand sanitizer with state branding using inmate slave labor? No, he can fuck straight off, and so can any of his defenders here. Wrong opinion my fucking ass.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Covid rates in NY would be even better if Cuomo and De Blasio had reacted swiftly to the virus. Instead, they drug their feet and thousands of people in the state died. Now he wants to commission this bizarre, self-aggrandizing poster that fear-mongers about Europeans (majority of European countries ended up handling the virus better than NY state alone, not to mention the rest of the US) and touts "making hand sanitizer" that was just repackaging hand sanitizer with state branding using inmate slave labor? No, he can fuck straight off, and so can any of his defenders here. Wrong opinion my fucking ass.

Thats not what it's doing.

The European thing is because the WH kept saying "China" meanwhile the virus came to NY not from China but from Europe. Many times Cuomo mentioned it because Trump WH kept talking everyday about "we stopped flights from China" when China was only part of the issues of it coming in.

It's basically a timeline of what we saw and heard during the daily briefings over the last 110+ days.

In our house we watched them daily. One, because we live in NY and two because my wife is a nurse and was mandated to watch them to keep informed.

Deleted member 14459

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will definitely cop. You can order it here for the low, low price of $14.50:

New York Tough Poster | Governor Andrew M. Cuomo

I don't know why I'd want a keepsake from my time being trapped inside two rooms for 140 days. Cuomo is just such a fucking bizarre dude but his briefings helped keep me and my fiancee sane throughout.

Artist's statement:

I can't believe "Jesse" doesn't make an appearance in the poster.

Wow. Cuomo is the artist?

Hats off to the audacity of this man. Self-produced political propaganda of the highest order. Novelty points also for going with naivist art style instead of the usual propaganda styles.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thats not what it's doing.

The European thing is because the WH kept saying "China" meanwhile the virus came to NY not from China but from Europe. Many times Cuomo mentioned it because Trump WH kept talking everyday about "we stopped flights from China" when China was only part of the issues of it coming in.

It's basically a timeline of what we saw and heard during the daily briefings over the last 110+ days.

In our house we watched them daily. One, because we live in NY and two because my wife is a nurse and was mandated to watch them to keep informed.
That doesn't make the sentiment expressed in the image any less garbage. Any governor in the US inviting comparisons between the US and Europe, in an attempt to toot their own horn, is a fool. Yes, it was travel between the US and Europe that brought the virus here (which was inevitable), and Trump's China fearmongering was baseless. But to throw that out there like "we knew it was from Europe unlike the Whitehouse" meanwhile thousands of people in the state died because while the outbreak was in full swing Cuomo still had his fucking head in the sand, telling people to go out and shit. That is infuriating.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
That doesn't make the sentiment expressed in the image any less garbage. Any governor in the US inviting comparisons between the US and Europe, in an attempt to toot their own horn, is a fool. Yes, it was travel between the US and Europe that brought the virus here (which was inevitable), and Trump's China fearmongering was baseless. But to throw that out there like "we knew it was from Europe unlike the Whitehouse" meanwhile thousands of people in the state died because while the outbreak was in full swing Cuomo still had his fucking head in the sand, telling people to go out and shit. That is infuriating.

Nobody is making comparisons between US and Europe. Yeah he mentions where it came from because that's important when the WH is just flat out lying to the entire nation day in and day out.

It was never supposed to be a "Europe = Bad", "US = Good" thing.

By chance are you from NY and have been following the daily briefings here? It's literally just a timeline of events with some weird stuff added in like his daughters, one of their boyfriends which came up a few times and even his dog Captain.

Now yes we can go back and say some things at the start weren't handled how we now see they should have, but overall NY has and continues to do a very good job compared to the rest of the country. Not going to sit around and dwell on that forever.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
What a fast and effective message to let us know how imbecile the government is.

That's the other intent here. It's to showcase how the Federal Govt. hasn't been very helpful. Also why the Winds of Fear from the WH have characteristics of Chinese art I believe, like the eyebrows and what looks like a dragon nose? Not quite sure but I'm sure that's the reason it looks like that while above it we have a plane coming from Europe. All of it surrounded by confusion because of the mixed messaging from everywhere.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
People wanted this man to swoop in and take the nomination.

To be fair a lot of that was because the WH was trying to do daily briefings and made everything worse for everyone, to the point where they stopped entirely.

Here in NY on the other hand they continued daily and actually helped us all stay calm, sometimes even laugh and obviously the message spread was working because the people of NY stepped up, wore our masks and continue to do so and so far (knocks on wood) doing okay while it is stressed to not become complacent.

I also think more than just NY were watching him regularly.

We've come a long way from where it started and that one day where we lost almost 800 lives to COVID.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
What in the everloving fuck is that?

And what are people supposed to get out of it but confusion?

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your wrong. Dont downplay how NY and Cuomo are handling this pandemic.
I have no interest in downplaying Cuomo's failures in handling this pandemic, right.
Nobody is making comparisons between US and Europe. Yeah he mentions where it came from because that's important when the WH is just flat out lying to the entire nation day in and day out.

It was never supposed to be a "Europe = Bad", "US = Good" thing.

By chance are you from NY and have been following the daily briefings here? It's literally just a timeline of events with some weird stuff added in like his daughters, one of their boyfriends which came up a few times and even his dog Captain.

Now yes we can go back and say some things at the start weren't handled how we now see they should have, but overall NY has and continues to do a very good job compared to the rest of the country. Not going to sit around and dwell on that forever.
Doing a good job compared to the rest of the country isn't really doing a good job given how poorly the US is doing overall. They really didn't do a good job.

This self-aggrandizement is shameless and tone deaf considering how many people have died in New York, and those deaths can be tied directly to the poor leadership of Cuomo and De Blasio. That's not even getting into the way both of them handled the protests, recent budget cuts, etc.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People wanted this man to swoop in and take the nomination.
People still fall over themselves to defend him, look at this thread. Cuomo is gonna run for president sometime in the next decade and I'm dreading it. He had a group of legislators in Albany, directly under his leadership and directives, whose goal was to kneecap progressive policy legislation in the state. He's the epitome of corrupt machine politics.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Doing a good job compared to the rest of the country isn't really doing a good job given how poorly the US is doing overall. They really didn't do a good job.

This self-aggrandizement is shameless and tone deaf considering how many people have died in New York, and those deaths can be tied directly to the poor leadership of Cuomo and De Blasio. That's not even getting into the way both of them handled the protests, recent budget cuts, etc.

You dodged my questions and now moving into more than just COVID handling.

Trying to understand your claims of what the poster is trying to represent as it doesn't make sense if you watched the briefings. You claimed once that it was to stock fear of Europe and then that it was inviting comparisons to US and Europe.

I live in NY and know everything you're saying as well as what you're being untruthful about. However we get it, you don't like him.