• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, the irony of uneducated parents complaining that their kids will be missing out on education because of this.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
This is insanity. Humanity flourished for tens of thousands of years without needing dozens of chemical cocktails injected directly into young children's bloodstreams.
Yeah, i mean who cares if epidemics and pandemics would occasionally kill millions of people at a time? Chemicals, you guys!

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
This is insanity. Humanity flourished for tens of thousands of years without needing dozens of chemical cocktails injected directly into young children's bloodstreams.

I don't dispute that vaccines can have benefits, but a good diet, clean water, and sanitary living conditions already do plenty to reduce the spread and severity of disease. They are not mandatory for well being.

Crackdowns like this are also a slippery slope to all sorts of forced medical interventions. But of course, modern medicine and government oversight are undisputed beacons of light, bringing us wandering, delicate souls into the light, right? And to show any infinitesimal whisper of concern is tantamount to promoting genocide.

*insert claims of spreading FUD, believing the earth is flat, and being a dangerous fucking shithead below*

I was about to let you have it lol.

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I don't know what you're arguing but the science is pretty clear that vaccinations help people rather than harm them.

And I do not claim otherwise. What I question is the idea that something made in a state-of-the-art laboratory with no connection to nature is rescuing humanity from a past of eternal extreme suffering and eventual extinction.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Yeah, i mean who cares if epidemics and pandemics would occasionally kill millions of people at a time? Chemicals, you guys!
like, science and medicine vastly improved the lives of all of humanity

it improved the quality of life across the board, improved food production, water sanitation, sanitation in general

but fuck it now for some reason i guess, CHEMICALS

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Good job New York. These people are so up their asses with the persecution complex. I imagine them jerking off with the tears of children instead of vaccinating.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
We'd all have a 50% chance of being crippled or dead if not for things invented in the last 200 years or so, right?
Yeah.
Annual-World-Population-since-10-thousand-BCE-for-OWID.png

oasis007

Oct 27, 2017
I love how one of the buffoons in the article photo has a sign that reads #GodisMyGovoner
Nice spelling idiot. Vaccinate your kids

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
"This little boy can't go back to school. Why? Because our state legislature thinks we're a bunch of ignorant pariahs".

That's being too kind to yourself. You're not an outcast, you're a danger to your own kids and to every other kid in those public schools. Good job New York. Hopefully everyone else will follow suit.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America

You mean the good old days when life expectancy was 45? Yeah man! With you all the way! HAIL DEATH!

I don't dispute that vaccines can have benefits

Yeah, they "can" prevent preventable deadly diseases 99.999% of the time. But it's not 100% so it's utterly worthless.

but a good diet, clean water, and sanitary living conditions already do plenty to reduce the spread and severity of disease. They are not mandatory for well being.

Totally, totally! Also, you can play russian roulette and you have 83% chance of surviving! I'll take those odds, and so will you, am I right?

Crackdowns like this are also a slippery slope to all sorts of forced medical interventions.

Hell yeah my man! If there is one thing america is famous for, it's how much insurances love paying for medical procedures. The more the better because they are altruistic saints. God bless them!

But of course, modern medicine and government oversight are undisputed beacons of light, bringing us wandering, delicate souls into the light, right? And to show any infinitesimal whisper of concern is tantamount to promoting genocide.

I...uhh...what? I ran out of sarcasm

*insert claims of spreading FUD, believing the earth is flat, and being a dangerous fucking shithead below*
*insert complete lack of self-awareness of the incredible stupidity of your claims.*

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this was the case already. I remember having to get a hep b shot or I wouldn't be able to attend middle school or high school.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
You mean the good old days when life expectancy was 45? Yeah man! With you all the way! HAIL DEATH!

Yeah, they "can" prevent preventable deadly diseases 99.999% of the time. But it's not 100% so it's utterly worthless.

Totally, totally! Also, you can play russian roulette and you have 83% chance of surviving! I'll take those odds, and so will you, am I right?

Hell yeah my man! If there is one thing america is famous for, it's how much insurances love paying for medical procedures. The more the better because they are altruistic saints. God bless them!

I...uhh...what? I ran out of sarcasm

*insert complete lack of self-awareness of the incredible stupidity of your claims.*

His post was a joke post.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
And I do not claim otherwise. What I question is the idea that something made in a state-of-the-art laboratory with no connection to nature is rescuing humanity from a past of eternal extreme suffering and eventual extinction.

Okay, and?

The morbidly curious part of me wonders where would we be in terms of climate change had the miracle of medicinal science never provided us with an effective vaccine.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
What the fucking hell are you going on about? 😂

Green

Oct 27, 2017
It's unfortunate that not only are the kids being put at risk by their parents' poor choices, but the children are also being punished indirectly by the state as well. I can't see this leading to more vaccinated kids - just more close-minded echo-chamber upbringings for them. It will be helpful to all the children in public schools not to be further subjected to the risks of being around unvaccinated children, but in the long run I fear this will simply create more of these types of people. They sure as shit aren't going to be teaching their unvaccinated kids the proper health practices in home school... At least they had the chance of health education in public school, now they have no chance... Very unfortunate it has to come to this.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
"This little boy can't go back to school. Why? Because our state legislature thinks we're a bunch of ignorant pariahs," Rita Palma, founder of the anti-vax group My Kids, My Choice, wrote in the photo's caption. "So the sensible thing to do is deprive children who want to go to school of an education. Makes perfect sense, right? This is so horribly wrong."
Seeing as your ilk believe brainless bullshit like this...
Palma and other New York anti-vaxxers have been comparing the new law banning religious exemptions to the Jim Crow laws and segregation of white and black people in America.
One person took to comparing the new law to Anne Frank — who was killed by Nazis — in a tweet that read, in part, "Anne Frank was denied an education and forced to home-school."
Calling you "ignorant pariahs" is still much too kind. You don't know better than medical professionals, neither your children nor anyone else's are more important than public safety, and you sure as hell aren't oppressed minorities persecuted merely for existing or being of a different faith. Fuck your choice and your victim complex, your paranoia is no excuse for bringing back diseases that had already been effectively eradicated.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't dispute that vaccines can have benefits, but a good diet, clean water, and sanitary living conditions already do plenty to reduce the spread and severity of disease. They are not mandatory for well being.

Crackdowns like this are also a slippery slope to all sorts of forced medical interventions. But of course, modern medicine and government oversight are undisputed beacons of light, bringing us wandering, delicate souls into the light, right? And to show any infinitesimal whisper of concern is tantamount to promoting genocide.

I like how your entire argument hinges on a fucking logical fallacy you absolute melon

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Anti-vaxxers are a menace to public health.

like, science and medicine vastly improved the lives of all of humanity

it improved the quality of life across the board, improved food production, water sanitation, sanitation in general

but fuck it now for some reason i guess, CHEMICALS
Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about TOXINS?

Cancer is 100% natural, so...

That the flawless saint of technology is needed to bring down a nature that has done nothing but bring us to the brink is, to put it lightly, a questionable concept. "If we don't fill everyone's body with a chemical soup as young as possible, we're doomed!"
If you can think of a better way to turn my infant son into Bane, I'd love to hear it.

Last edited:

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Palma and other New York anti-vaxxers have been comparing the new law banning religious exemptions to the Jim Crow laws and segregation of white and black people in America.

181.gif