• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
tenor.gif

I just saw stupidity unfold before my very eyes! they don't deserve my sense of humor

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
When you got to get someone who hasn't been relevant in 30 years to entertain your club members, you should probably give up.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
If seems most of Trump's people have already got Covid... so they will probably be good. But some of the higher ups who cut in line and just got the vaccine, as well regular guests&performers are not guaranteed to being protected from Covid yet. So yeah.. most of those people are probably fucked.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say I'm surprised at Vanilla Ice. Figured he wouldn't be cool with anything related to that dumpster

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
You would have told me this was a scene from Romero's "Land of the Dead" and I would've believed you.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Brian Wilson Disavows Band's Performance at Trump Fundraiser With Mike Love

The performance is being led by the band's original vocalist and Wilson's cousin, Mike Love, who has been a vocal Trump supporter and who owns a license to perform with a touring band under the Beach Boys name. However, Wilson and Jardine told Variety in a statement that they had not been aware that Love's band was performing at the fundraiser until they read about it in the Times and emphasized that they were not associated in any way.

"We have absolutely nothing to do with the Trump benefit today in Newport Beach. Zero," Wilson and Jardine said.

This isn't the first time Wilson has spoken out against Trump and against Love's use of the band. This past February, Wilson urged fans to boycott Love's version of the Beach Boys after they chose to perform at an annual convention for Safari Club International, an organization that supports trophy hunting. Trump's son, Donald Trump Jr., was the keynote speaker at the convention in Reno, Nevada.

Love also performed at one of Trump's inaugural balls in January 2017 and said in an interview with Uncut Magazine later that year that he did not "have anything negative to say" about the president.

"I understand there are so many factions and fractious things going on – the chips will fall where they may," he said. "But Donald Trump has never been anything but kind to us. We have known him for many a year. We've performed at some of his venues at fundraisers and so on."

----------------------------------------------
Never knew about this. Good on Brian Wilson.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
All I could think here was "fuck Mike Love" also I think that might be Bruce Johnston with him too. Pretty sure Brian Wilson and Al Jardine (the only two other surviving Beach Boys) have disavowed any of Mike Love's performances as The Beach Boys for Trump fundraiser stuff.

Edit: Looks like I was beaten by the above, but yes, that confirms that The Beach Boys are great and Mike Love is trash.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
This is some wild shit about The Beach Boys, had no idea this had become of them. I went to grade school with I think Brain Wilson's kid? Wonder how he's doing. Edit - nope wasn't Brian Wilson, it was one of the other ones.

Most of the original members have passed. So dipshit number one Mike Love just travels around with basically a Beach Boys cover band at this point.

Wow that's nuts. I thought they Got The Band Back Together when they released that new album a few years ago, I assume things deteriorated again since then? Or was Mike Love not part of that

Fake edit: Oh my god, That's Why God Made the Radio came out in 2012? Fuck meeeee

Last edited:

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
While the country is suffering they are having parties. Kinda reminds me of the french nobility in the old times, a few hundred/thousands living the life completly disconnected from reality.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Giuliani, Trump Jr. among guests at Mar-a-Lago New Year's party ditched by Trump: report

President Trump's two adult sons and his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani were reportedly among the guests at a New Year's Eve party at the president's Mar-a-Lago club, which the president himself did not attend despite previously planning to do so.

Without the president, the highest-profile attendees included Giuliani and Trump's sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, as well as Fox News host Jeanine Pirro and performers Berlin and Vanilla Ice, CNN reported Friday. The latter's name trended on Twitter after a clip of his performance surfaced.

A person familiar with preparations told CNN that numerous bookings were made when the buyers believed the president would be at the party, with some performers reluctant to commit to attending without knowing whether he would be there.

The club set tables for 10 people with no social distancing measures, according to the network, and few party attendees wore masks.

thehill.com

Giuliani, Trump Jr. among guests at Mar-a-Lago New Year’s party ditched by Trump: report

President Trump’s two adult sons and his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani were reportedly among the guests at a New Year’s Eve party at the president’s Mar-a-Lago club, which the president himself d…

Oct 27, 2017
To clear up the Beach Boys situation:

Band had 5 original members.
Brian Wilson
Carl Wilson
Dennis Wilson
Al Jaradine
Mike Love

Dennis Wilson died in 1983. After Carl Wilson died in 1998, Mike Love got a court order giving him exclusive rights to use the bands name, during the 50th anniversary in 2012 he let Al Jaradine and Brian Wilson back into the band, they recorded an album and toured together, I saw them on this tour and enjoyed it a lot.

Brian hadn't been a tour ingmember of the group since the 60s so it was awesome to see him play in the band again. A few months after I saw them together, Mike kick Brian and Al out of the band since he didn't want to pay them, he had a couple concerts canceled on him by a promoter since he had booked the shows with the reunion group advertised and the promoter wasn't happy about being tricked

Mike Love is a shitty trump supporter so fuck him. Brian Wilson and Al Jaradine are cool dudes and have toured together ever since, while they legally can't use the Beach Boys name for all intents and purposes they are the real Beach Boys. I hope once we're past the pandemic I get the chance to see them again in concert, this time without shitty Mike Love.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Are you telling me that the corny-ass pop-rapper of the early nineties who then transitioned into being the corny-ass rap-rocker of the early 2000's may in fact be an artistically mercenary shit-heel who will ride the bandwagon of any social/political movement that will give him a spotlight? I am both shocked and appalled.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Even if they weren't hotboxing that shit with covid, this is exhibit one million that Republicans are the most painfully uncool people ever.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Wilson is the only BeachBoy that matters anyway.

So are all these people ex-infected? Or just fucking stupid?

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot to criticise here, but FUCK Mike Love and his mutated, shambling Beach Boys knock-off.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, of course Robert Kraft would be there fist bumping The Beach Bums.