• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
81d.gif

Dead souls 2 please

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Just finished 6 on Sunday and bought Judgement today. I'll probably wait for the PS5 version of Yakuza 7 since so much is coming in November. After playing through the series the past couple years Yakuza has turned into one of my favorite franchises. Looking forward to what's next.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Looking forward to the announcement, can't wait.

Feels like we might get another spin off or a remake.

deroli

Nov 5, 2017
Germany
Plot Twist: It's gonna be a mobile game :(
Plot Twist 2: It's Cabaret Club shutupandtakemymoney.gif

Whatever it will be, having more Yakuza games is always a great thing.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I can't keep up. Still playing Kiwami 2. Have to/want to play 3-6, Like a Dragon, Judgment und Fist of the Northstar. I need more than a year for those alone lol

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I hope it's going to be an action RPG Yakuza title again vs Turn-Based. I love TB CRPGs, but it somehow feels wrong in the Yakuza series. Also, they really need to cut that lag in release between Japan and the West.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Counter argument: please be turn-based. Not even Final Fantasy is turn-based anymore so we need some love somewhere.
Pathfinder, PoE 2, Wasteland 3, Divinity Original Sign 2 are turn based and are all amazing. PoE2 and Pathfinder also have RTWP mode of course. Dragon Quest 11/11 S is TB. Persona 5/Royal is TB. TB combat can be very very good. However, it just doesn't feel like it belongs in Yakuza. I could be wrong and 7 may be super amazing... but somehow I doubt it.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Whatever it is please announce it for at least PS5 so we know MS hasn't bought Sega, lol.

I haven't played 7 yet, but the turn-based combat looks super fun so I'm okay with them sticking with that for now. We have enough brawlers in the franchise.
Heh, I imagine it'll be the opposite if anything. Here's to seeing if we've returned to the status quo of Xbox missing out.

cabaret club mobile game
It's a mobile game, I feel it.
I went this whole thread without thinking this. And then all at once....

Sounds kinda dope though.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Wonder how many of the posters in this thread saying "please no turn based" have actually played the game yet. 🤔

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Pathfinder, PoE 2, Wasteland 3, Divinity Original Sign 2 are turn based and are all amazing. PoE2 and Pathfinder also have RTWP mode of course. Dragon Quest 11/11 S is TB. Persona 5/Royal is TB. TB combat can be very very good. However, it just doesn't feel like it belongs in Yakuza. I could be wrong and 7 may be super amazing... but somehow I doubt it.

I was kinda talking specifically about JRPG. Not sure why you doubt 7 being "very very good."

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Yep. Also the amount of 3D brawlers releasing nowadays is almost non existent compared to 2D. Yakuza was one of the last big ones.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I was kinda talking specifically about JRPG. Not sure why you doubt 7 being "very very good."
I have been playing Yakuza series since OG Yakuza 1 on PS2. I love it. Imported Kenzan, Ishin, Yakuza 5 even. Turn based combat feels incongruent in that series. Yakuza combat is all about action, visceral Heat Actions even. TB just slows down that flow.

I don't doubt Yakuza 7 is going to be a good game. I just don't quite see it fully belonging in the series.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh? How so? It probably won't be too much of an issue for me though.
It feels like a cross between Yakuza and RE classic games.

More on the brawler side Yakuza. You can get used to it pretty quick. The shooting mechanic has auto aim so you just shoot in the direction of the enemies without aiming. You can also aim if you want to be precise but the game turns into RE4 controls so you can't move.

It is awkward but somehow feels fun provided you play on easy. Somehow the feeling of mowing down zombies feels satisfying.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'd really like another Judge Eyes, or another game like Judge Eyes (i.e. a different theme, a different main character, but the same overall Yakuza structure, sub stories and combat). I just adored Judge Eyes, man. What a game. It's my favourite thing RGG Studio has ever made.

I still haven't played Y7. I've been importing the Japanese games at launch for the last few years, but 7's RPG combat put me off and that game coincided with Japanese import pricing just going THROUGH THE ROOF for me in Australia so I wasn't really up for taking the gamble.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd really like another Judge Eyes, or another game like Judge Eyes (i.e. a different theme, a different main character, but the same overall Yakuza structure, sub stories and combat). I just adored Judge Eyes, man. What a game. It's my favourite thing RGG Studio has ever made.

I still haven't played Y7. I've been importing the Japanese games at launch for the last few years, but 7's RPG combat put me off and that game coincided with Japanese import pricing just going THROUGH THE ROOF for me in Australia so I wasn't really up for taking the gamble.

The writing for Judgment was so so much better than the rest of the series (aside from zero). Whoever wrote it needs to be the writer for the series from now on.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Berserk Ga Gotoku, it's time.

I can't keep up with this studio, I just can't, it's insane. My Yakuza backlog is its own entity, a backlog inside a backlog if you will (inception_horn.flac).

I've got Kiwami 2 and Judge Eyes sitting on my account and I still have to get Lost Paradise and the remastered collection.

I kinda feel the itch to get Lost Paradise during the current psn sale because I value new settings in this series almost above all else. Maybe I'll do just that.

Oct 27, 2017
Gimme another Judgment. I replayed the game recently on the highest difficulty and I want more of it. Hopefully not another murdery mystery, there's plenty of interesting stuff you can do with the detective theme.

A localization/remaster for Ishin would also be nice

Oct 27, 2017
Berserk Ga Gotoku, it's time.

I can't keep up with this studio, I just can't, it's insane. My Yakuza backlog is its own entity, a backlog inside a backlog if you will (inception_horn.flac).

I've got Kiwami 2 and Judge Eyes sitting on my account and I still have to get Lost Paradise and the remastered collection.

I kinda feel the itch to get Lost Paradise during the current psn sale because I value new settings in this series almost above all else. Maybe I'll do just that.
The only issue with LP is that the gameplay is so good that Yakuza 3 will feel really dated. You can adjust though.

If you decide to play LP then you are already set for it. Even of you barely know anything about FOTNS, it is basically the story of the manga remixed with some brand new charactersaand some returning fan favorites thrown in as boss fights. It is a blast but kinda grindy when it comes to the side content and the buggy and those are bad design decisions that would have made the game very close to the best games in the series (Yakuza 0, Judgment).

It has one of the best combat systems in the whole series.

Last edited:

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Oh? How so? It probably won't be too much of an issue for me though.
Richter1887 summed it up quite well :)
Again, it controls OK. It just doesn't have the best control scheme possibly available compared to more modern games.

It feels like a cross between Yakuza and RE classic games.

More on the brawler side Yakuza. You can get used to it pretty quick. The shooting mechanic has auto aim so you just shoot in the direction of the enemies without aiming. You can also aim if you want to be precise but the game turns into RE4 controls so you can't move.

It is awkward but somehow feels fun provided you play on easy. Somehow the feeling of mowing down zombies feels satisfying.