• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Dlanor A. Knox

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
There's another image:

Dgs3B6a.jpg

Someone noted in the 4chan thread that there's a Judgment video that shows a similar red/yellow meter:

9RgtcR8.png

You can see that scene here: https://youtu.be/sHCyafYYzHI?t=242

/v/ - Yakuza spinoff leak - Video Games - 4chan

Yakuza spinoff leak - "/v/ - Video Games" is 4chan's imageboard dedicated to the discussion of PC and console video games.

Nice catch, looks legit.

there is nothing here that suggests that this is a Turn Based game tho tbh

Yeah on second thought, Joon gi han might just be following Ryuji, and the bars on top are most likely health / heat bars.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Heck no. Enough games take place in America, lets not waste Yakuza on such a boring played out location. Especially when there are so many other countries in Asia and Europe instead (and thankfully Nagoshi agrees, he went on record recently stating he'd rather make a game set in Europe than America)

that was a joke lol. I would destroy SEGA if they actually did that

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Watching that trailer just makes me want a motorcycle racer from Sega (Harley-Davidson & L.A. Riders). : (

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Yeah that looks legit to me. Maybe they'll use Ryuji for 'classic' style Yakuza games and Kasuga will be for the turn based games?

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Ryuji was awesome and my fave antagonist (from what I've played, iem 0 through 4), but part of me just wants then to move on entirely away from anyone before 7 as a focus for at least a couple more games.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
if goda can get a game, my dream of a Yoshitaka Mine spin-off that is equal parts brawler and business sim is definitely viable

Oct 27, 2017
It's strange how much they dropped from 2 character wise. Goda obviously had to go but they never did anything with Sayama either other than briefly mentioning her in 3.

I'm down for Goda I guess but I'd rather have a Majima or Akiyama spin off.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
At first I was "eeh Goda?"

Then "ok, might be cool"

Then "Han is back, sure yeah ok why not?"

OP
OP
Dlanor A. Knox

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I was more referring to the OP. sorry for making it sound otherwise.

Op did and I sure hope it isn't. Hopefully they go full brawler soon again.

Yeah sorry, dumb assumption on my part, edited my post.

I don't mind either tbh, though after finishing yakuza 7 I actually think I still prefer the brawler gameplay. And it would make sense to go back to it for a spin-off.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
But will you be able to steal people's pants in this?

This is a very important question.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
There's another image:

Dgs3B6a.jpg

Someone noted in the 4chan thread that there's a Judgment video that shows a similar red/yellow meter:

9RgtcR8.png

You can see that scene here: https://youtu.be/sHCyafYYzHI?t=242

/v/ - Yakuza spinoff leak - Video Games - 4chan

Yakuza spinoff leak - "/v/ - Video Games" is 4chan's imageboard dedicated to the discussion of PC and console video games.
The fact that there's actually a pic of a dev build looking similar to the allegedly "leaked" images makes me pretty hopeful.
Looks fake. Or at least, Goda is such a boring nothing character I hope it's fake.
I mean... regardless of what you think of him, he's easily one of the most famous characters in the series, lmao. He even was the second protagonist of RGGO.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Return the favor from here and give him a Ryuji Sakamoto costume.
DbOsiJTUQAEiicQ.png

Random battle took speed from y7 and boss Fights were general better too. I have yet to finish tho. Middle of chapter 9.
Nah keep it turn based, more fun that way and we've had so many damn games in the old style already.

I'm not opposed to them leaving the spin-offs brawlers though.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm not sure if I'd be desperately excited to play as Goda.

Spin-off game, though? Go mad.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Ryuji is such a fucking lame character, and one of the most disappointing aspects of Kiwami 2; he's presented like he's Kiryu's Vergil, but he's not even in the game that much, doesn't do a whole lot, and doesn't even end up having much to do within the grand scope of the story. Made the final boss feel seriously limp.

I love Yakuza but a whole game starring him doesn't excite me, especially since

What I would want out of a game starring him is more Sayama, and fleshing out his relationship with her and getting to know her more since she hasn't been seen since the Yakuza 3, but Ryuji dies at the end of Y2 so this would have to be a prequel. Bleehhhhhh.

OP
OP
Dlanor A. Knox

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Is the mobile game canon? (or atleast Ryuji's story in it?)

Do we know when Ryuji's story take place in RGGO? Like, which year?

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... regardless of what you think of him, he's easily one of the most famous characters in the series, lmao. He even was the second protagonist of RGGO.
Oh yeah, I know he's popular (even if I don't understand why). I just don't want to have to suffer through a game with him as a main character.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I know he's popular (even if I don't understand why). I just don't want to have to suffer through a game with him as a main character.
Good thing that you'll be able to skip the game then, since it's apparently a spin-off.

Goda is one of my favorite characters in the series, liked him more than even Majima. Please be true.

I'm on the same boat. Goda is one of my favs. I hope it's true !

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Is the mobile game canon? (or atleast Ryuji's story in it?)

Do we know when Ryuji's story take place in RGGO? Like, which year?
No. Read my first post in the thread. Its incredibly not canon as of the last chapter. They'd have to severely rewrite the game to even work as is. Aside from certain characters who cannot meet due to how 7 worked out, your not getting 5 cities like the mobile game got (so far, there might be more)

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
Heck no. Enough games take place in America, lets not waste Yakuza on such a boring played out location. Especially when there are so many other countries in Asia and Europe instead (and thankfully Nagoshi agrees, he went on record recently stating he'd rather make a game set in Europe than America)
I have to say, as someone who also thinks America is boring, I would gladly welcome any other locale than Kamurocho. That place is as boring as any place I can think of here...

Other places in Asia, tho. Just imagine a Yakuza game in Kyoto, or Hoi An (Vietnam)...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, as someone who also thinks America is boring, I would gladly welcome any other locale than Kamurocho. That place is as boring as any place I can think of here...

Other places in Asia, tho. Just imagine a Yakuza game in Kyoto, or Hoi An (Vietnam)...
The last game introduced a new huge location which was used for 90odd percent of the game. So even the devs aren't against building the series around new locations. And like you say, there are far more interesting Asian locations to explore. A game in Korea or China would be cool - looking at the crime empires over there like the triads or Jingwon. Would be nice to see both get the spot light rather than just serving as villains. As for Kyoto, modern day Kyoto would be nice, though its already been used in both Kenzan and Ishin so its not as high on my list to return to right now if we are talking about strictly brand new places.