• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed for dead souls remastered!
090.jpg

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Has to be the 3-5 PS4 remasters.

I mean, they have to finally announce them if they are coming or do we need to wait 2 years again for one Yakuza translation?

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
It's so weird for an outlet like Kinda Funny Games that reviews & criticizes games to stage a PR show for the games they are supposed to be able to have some form of critical distance to. I know it's not an unusual thing for Influencers to...well...not have any kind of ethical boundaries between PR and Reporting, but since they originated on IGN it still seems so weird to me. Obviously, even IGN reviews games their own mother company publishes now, so...

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
It's so weird for an outlet like Kinda Funny Games that reviews & criticizes games to stage a PR show for the games they are supposed to be able to have some form of critical distance to. I know it's not an unusual thing for Influencers to...well...not have any kind of ethical boundaries between PR and Reporting, but since they originated on IGN it still seems so weird to me. Obviously, even IGN reviews games their own mother company publishes now, so...
I don't think they consider themselves critics anymore, they've gone full influencer with Kinda Funny. Not saying it's necessarily a bad thing. They host E3 shows where they do lip service to companies, and Greg is always officially at PSX to some extent. They also hosted that FF15 show. I think it's just what they do now.

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of Kinda Funny Games they push too much for support and the they two Kinda Funny but they the same? I dont see how that ok

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think they consider themselves critics anymore, they've gone full influencer with Kinda Funny. Not saying it's necessarily a bad thing. They host E3 shows where they do lip service to companies, and Greg is always officially at PSX to some extent. They also hosted that FF15 show. I think it's just what they do now.

They are still doing reviews and have a daily news show. That's kinda what I mean. Either you're influencers who are making money by doing hosting PR events for publishers and selling their games, or you are a reporter who reports on news and criticizes those publisher's products. You can't do PR & be a critic or news show host at the same time.

ioriyagami

Oct 28, 2017
Announcement for the PC ports or the HD remasters. They will probably reserve the Judge Eyes announcement for a bigger show... (and there is no way we'll get a Western-first announcement for a PS4 remaster of Kenzan!)

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
My guess is that they're going to announce the Steam release for Yakuza Kiwami 1 (and perhaps even shadow drop it). Everything else seems a bit too much considering that it's "just" a Kindafunny show. So I wouldn't expectt any announcements regarding Judge Eyes or the PS3 remasters.

R1CHO

Oct 28, 2017
I want Kiwami 2 PC, after playing Zero and Kiwami on PS4, can't stand the frame rate downgrade of K2

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
My hopes: Ishin coming state side finally
What I feel will really happen: a release date for Kiwami on PC prolly

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
They are still doing reviews and have a daily news show. That's kinda what I mean. Either you're influencers who are making money by doing hosting PR events for publishers and selling their games, or you are a reporter who reports on news and criticizes those publisher's products. You can't do PR & be a critic or news show host at the same time.

No disrespect to Greg and the others but I don't really call what they do now reviews in the traditional, critical sense. They just sit around and shoot the shit about video games, it just happens that they're excellent at it. Nothing wrong with them doing news and doing PR btw.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
A Yakuza 3 - 5 bundle for 60$ would be heavenly. But I'd honestly even accept news on just the third game's release at this point.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Will be surprised if it's anything more than Kiwami 1 pc info.

Hoping for Yakuza 3 remaster + Judge Eyes release dates for ps4 and yakuza 6 announcement for pc.