• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Gives a good overview of the game's scenario, world, combat, and voice work. If you're looking for an RPG, you really can't go wrong here.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
put it in my veins. Already preordered but a little concerned about a few things:
  • is there japanese audio? JRPG dubs are usually... really not my thing
  • do we know who composed the new tracks? the original game had Yoko Shimomura as well as ACE+ among others but I don't recall them saying who is making the new soundtrack

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
This is a bit of a blink and you'll miss it moment, but if you actually see the footage where the party at Level 40 fights the Level 52 Mechon, all of their attacks are connecting - which may indicate that Monolith Soft removed the accuracy penalties for fighting high-levelled enemies.

Knot Locks

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure Smash Bros. Ultimate spoiled a couple of plot points for me, but still excited to try this for the first time.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Played the intro segment up until
Fiora's death
on Wii. Blew me away, but never got around to continuing it sadly.

If the game maintains that level of quality until the end, I can't wait.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Curious about this one. Never played the OG and not sure about the gameplay. Can the gameplay be compared to anything else like say FF ?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Modern classic indeed, cant wait for this one.
Should be done with Trials of Mana by then.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Launching ennemies in Xenoblade 2 and smashing them was so addictive, too bad you can just make them fall (daze) in XC1.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As I said in the big thread that was a really good trailer. Showed off the gameplay, graphics, characters and most impressively and importantly the music quite well.

Oct 27, 2017
This looks really tempting but I can't bring myself to play 100 hours of this game again. Almost makes me regret to have played it on the Wii already.

Metakilt

Banned
Apr 29, 2020
put it in my veins. Already preordered but a little concerned about a few things:
  • do we know who composed the new tracks? the original game had Yoko Shimomura as well as ACE+ among others but I don't recall them saying who is making the new soundtrack

You can switch, but try the dub. It's dub is basically like Cowboy Bebop where a lot of fans prefer the English Dub over the Japanese Dub.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The best JRPG becoming even better! :D

I somehow found the trailer narrator unintentionally funny, lol.

If the game maintains that level of quality until the end, I can't wait.

It does. It gets better by the hour. You are in for a treat and I am kinda jealous you get to experience it for the first time like this.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
This looks really tempting but I can't bring myself to play 100 hours of this game again. Almost makes me regret to have played it on the Wii already.

I am buying just for Future Connect. Hope its around 10 hours, its a whole map so its shouldn't be too short . The price is justified since i am getting a new mini sequel plus Remaster whenever i want to play that.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Curious about this one. Never played the OG and not sure about the gameplay. Can the gameplay be compared to anything else like say FF ?

It's been awhile since I've played it but the combat isnt that different from FF7 REMAKE from what I remember. Basically your utilizing powers to put enemies into a vulnerable state to really lay down the damage on them.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
idk if I'm willing to spend 80+ hours on this game again but this looks sooo much better than on the 3DS (obviously). Might have to play it again

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Fuuck, doesn't seem like they've touched the side quest system and bloat at all. I guess there's still hope they've made the quests easier to find/track/etc.

This is a bit of a blink and you'll miss it moment, but if you actually see the footage where the party at Level 40 fights the Level 52 Mechon, all of their attacks are connecting - which may indicate that Monolith Soft removed the accuracy penalties for fighting high-levelled enemies.

This would be a massively welcome change, though.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fuuck, doesn't seem like they've touched the side quest system and bloat at all. I guess there's still hope they've made the quests easier to find/track/etc.

This would be a massively welcome change, though.

That bit is already confirmed. You can now mark a quest as active and relevant characters/destination points will appear on the map. An exclamation mark will also be visible (from afar) above the actual character.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
That would be a huge balance change.
Potentially very good and making a hard mode more than a requirement as the levels go up far too fast even without fighting anything but unique monsters.

Hoping for the best.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
That bit is already confirmed. You can now mark a quest as active and relevant characters/destination points will appear on the map. An exclamation mark will also be visible (from afar) above the actual character.

Oh, interesting. How about finding new quests? Do I still have to constantly change the time and run around same familiar areas, or have they made QoL changes to that, too? Marking a quest active is a good start, but the problem with the system was never really that.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
It's been awhile since I've played it but the combat isnt that different from FF7 REMAKE from what I remember. Basically your utilizing powers to put enemies into a vulnerable state to really lay down the damage on them.
It's nothing like FFVIIR's combat though, as it definitely isn't an action RPG (no rolls to avoid attacks, blocking can't be done manually, regular attacks aren't performed automatically, inflicting topple in Xenoblade works quite differently from causing stagger, and unique character abilities are tied to cooldown rather than ATB accumulated allowing use of certain ones more than once). The FFXII comparisons people made are more accurate, though no ability to program party member AI like with that game.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Do you think the fast travel load time was real or just sped up/skipped for the trailer?

The video shows daze though (at 2:35). Was that not in the original?
No it was. It replaces launch and smash.
And the load time is surely real. It was already fast on Wii and instant in X which was open world lol.
Oh, interesting. How about finding new quests? Do I still have to constantly change the time and run around same familiar areas, or have they made QoL changes to that, too? Marking a quest active is a good start, but the problem with the system was never really that.
There are many more details and a clear map to find NPC now, so it should a LOT less hard to pinpoint all of their locations. Dare I say it should become very easy.

Last edited:

ara

Oct 26, 2017
There are many more details and a clear map to find NPC now, so it should a LOT less hard to pinpoint all of their locations. Dare I say it should become very easy.

Damn good news, thanks. Very easy sounds good to me, there's nothing interesting in trying to find all these quests.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

The English dub in this game is fantastic. It was widely praised when the game first released and it lead to an infinite amount of memes when memes weren't really that big of a thing yet, many lines became so iconic. Unless you understand Japanese, play it in English, because it'll make the game so much more memorable for you.