• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 1, 2020
It's been available in the Design Lab since launch. It looks decent but is not good enough to dethrone my current favorite Phantom Magenta controller.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty nice looking. I used the pink 360 one for most of that generation and would pick this up if I needed another PC controller.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
200.gif

Connope

Mar 6, 2022
Xbox controllers annoy me. They make all these great colours and then have Design Lab on top of that. And everything I've read says they're solidly built and don't have any huge problems (outside of the Elite 2 issues). But then they just don't have gyro for whatever random reason. Let me buy your controllers Microsoft. They look amazing.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020
We really need them to bring back Phantom lineup.
I would hope they do a purple one or put a better purple in the design lab. I'm not a huge fan of the one they have now.

Xbox controllers annoy me. They make all these great colours and then have Design Dab on top of that. And everything I've read says they're solidly built and don't have any huge problems (outside of the Elite 2 issues). But then they just don't have gyro for whatever random reason. Let me buy your controllers Microsoft. They look amazing.
No motion suite is the only knock I have against the Xbox controller.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I really want to buy some Xbox controllers but the lack of gyro just stops me. They should really just start adding it to these new colors or something because it just doesn't make sense at this point.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox controllers annoy me. They make all these great colours and then have Design Dab on top of that. And everything I've read says they're solidly built and don't have any huge problems (outside of the Elite 2 issues). But then they just don't have gyro for whatever random reason. Let me buy your controllers Microsoft. They look amazing.
Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Series controllers but gyro would help SO MUCH.

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
Don't care much for the straight up pink, but the combo of the pink with the white back and black trim is pretty damn nice

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Hmm, might trade in my black one for this.

Then I can have a matching set! Pink PS5/DualSense controller, pink Xbox controller, and pink Joycons. Nice.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing (outside of gyro) that annoys me about their stock colors is they won't commit to putting the whole color on the controller.

The Deep Pink is very much a YES if it didn't have that white backing.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
In on this Deep Pink. I still want the Pulse Red controller (I wish my Xbox Series X|S were Pulse Red, like I swapped my PS5D covers to Cosmic Red). I just wish these controllers were pink and red on the back instead of white.

Still appreciating my 20th Anni controller, but it has some button imperfections I didn't catch before the Microsoft Store return window has just closed :/

Shout out to the Xbox One Dawn Shadow controller GOAT colorway, short of the SoT controller I missed out on. If only PowerA's Pink Lemonade controller colorway was an official wireless one.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
it makes me sad that none of these custom controllers are ever available with the Elite kit.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
If it was a scooch darker, then I would absolutely go for it.

I've still got my Green one and the bright and weirdly comfortable, FH5 one.

Looks damn good though.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to buy some Xbox controllers but the lack of gyro just stops me. They should really just start adding it to these new colors or something because it just doesn't make sense at this point.
That and back buttons. I'm done buying any controllers without them.

Couldn't they just release an add-on pack with both if they're not going to make new models?

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
People keep invoking the design lab but last I looked the design lab controllers didn't have the grips on the handles. If this one does that's the difference I need to actually buy it. Can't go back to no grip, doesn't feel as good

Edit: closer look reveals it doesn't seem to. But why???